What you did today

Gorth

I'm also pleased to see you back, Diogo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just got my acceptance letter to Rutgers University. It's probably the best school in New Jersey (or TCNJ) so I'm pretty stoked. In a few months I'll be the second Obsid kid to grow up on this forum and then leave it and never talk to anyone again (cough, thepixiesrock, cough)

I think that happened with that Ender kid too.

Congrats Krook, you going to play Ice Hockey in college?

I don't know actually. Rutgers is Division I and I don't know if I could make that as a Freshman. The other schools I was considering were all club teams/Division III and I probably could have made those teams pretty easily. I'm kind of looking forward to a break from hockey though

I always assumed ice hockey was one of those things you either do your whole life or you do occasionally until you get injured and realise you should leave it to other people. Like karaoke.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I now have tires manufactured in 2009. Much better.

Also, I'm in a really good mood. Neither rain or ant invasions or the looming income taxes can dampen my spirits. *happy dance*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always assumed ice hockey was one of those things you either do your whole life or you do occasionally until you get injured and realise you should leave it to other people. Like karaoke.

I haven't gone more two/three weeks without playing since I was around 10. 8 years of the same thing gets pretty boring. I guess that's why so many marriages fail

Was that broken leg the result of something you shared in another thread? :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Realising I was still at work I went down the pub at 2130. Continuing work there with a beer I was accused of being a boring **** by a random strange man. Defending myself he apologised and we swapped stories. It turned out he'd been a medic in the mideast in the 60s, and had some alarming tales about British stroops in Muscat, Oman, dofar etc. It seems out casualties then were higher than ours in Afghan! But they were confused by the then government by officially posting troops to other bases. My genuine interest inspired him to buy me several ales while I took notes. I got home and cooked bacon, which I am now eating while drinking whisky. I love this country. :)

-Elwood Blues

Realising I was still at work I went down the pub at 2130. Continuing work there with a beer I was accused of being a boring **** by a random strange man. Defending myself he apologised and we swapped stories. It turned out he'd been a medic in the mideast in the 60s, and had some alarming tales about British stroops in Muscat, Oman, dofar etc. It seems out casualties then were higher than ours in Afghan! But they were confused by the then government by officially posting troops to other bases. My genuine interest inspired him to buy me several ales while I took notes. I got home and cooked bacon, which I am now eating while drinking whisky. I love this country. :)

I am beginning to think you just make up these awesome stories

I hope so too. The idea that I meet people at random who buy me beer while telling me fascinating stories is just weird.

-Elwood Blues

I hope so too. The idea that I meet people at random who buy me beer while telling me fascinating stories is just weird.

Then again Shyrke's life could be an MTV show

Shryke's life is evil and must be burned.

-Elwood Blues

Realising I was still at work I went down the pub at 2130. Continuing work there with a beer I was accused of being a boring **** by a random strange man. Defending myself he apologised and we swapped stories. It turned out he'd been a medic in the mideast in the 60s, and had some alarming tales about British stroops in Muscat, Oman, dofar etc. It seems out casualties then were higher than ours in Afghan! But they were confused by the then government by officially posting troops to other bases. My genuine interest inspired him to buy me several ales while I took notes. I got home and cooked bacon, which I am now eating while drinking whisky. I love this country. =]

I agree, his life should be more like mine =]

Guest The Architect

I ****ing hate conspiracy theorists. I live with one. My brother, complete ****ing idiot, believes all that nonsense (that 9/11 was an inside job, the 7/7 bombings were done by British intelligence, AIDS is man made, they deliberately poison the water, 13 elite banking families whose bloodlines date back since the very beginning secretly control the world, there is secret alien technology on earth etc), makes me wish internet censorship was around a long time ago and all bull**** conspiracy sites were shut down so gullible ****wits would never be able to read, get into and believe this crap in the first place.

Yes there have been declassified conspiracies before, yes, some of the stuff might get you wondering at first (until you look for much more reasonable, simple, alternative explanations that debunk the so called "facts" - and THAT'S the problem, they never question their beloved loony theories), and yet they have the audacity to say that those of us who generally trust in mainstream information most of the time are stupid, naive drones, or is it sheep?

The difference (and the problem) between my brother and other conspiracy nutjobs is that we're both external students (soon to be), so he spends a fair bit of time around me and it drives me nuts since NOTHING will ever change what he believes and arguing with him about this stuff is pointless since he's an idiot and doesn't listen, just gets loud and defensive whenever someone criticises him or challenges him.

I ****ing hate conspiracy theorists. I live with one. My brother, complete ****ing idiot, believes all that nonsense (that 9/11 was an inside job, the 7/7 bombings were done by British intelligence, AIDS is man made, they deliberately poison the water, 13 elite banking families whose bloodlines date back since the very beginning secretly control the world, there is secret alien technology on earth etc), makes me wish internet censorship was around a long time ago and all bull**** conspiracy sites were shut down so gullible ****wits would never be able to read, get into and believe this crap in the first place.

Yes there have been declassified conspiracies before, yes, some of the stuff might get you wondering at first (until you look for much more reasonable, simple, alternative explanations that debunk the so called "facts" - and THAT'S the problem, they never question their beloved loony theories), and yet they have the audacity to say that those of us who generally trust in mainstream information most of the time are stupid, naive drones, or is it sheep?

The difference (and the problem) between my brother and other conspiracy nutjobs is that we're both external students (soon to be), so he spends a fair bit of time around me and it drives me nuts since NOTHING will ever change what he believes and arguing with him about this stuff is pointless since he's an idiot and doesn't listen, just gets loud and defensive whenever someone criticises him or challenges him.

I think it must be something about brothers. My brither, who I would trust to buy a second hand car and not get gipped can conned into thinking ANYTHING is true provided it's against the government.

-Elwood Blues

Here's a conspiracy theory for you... a senior congressman, John Murtha, just died while undergoing surgery at Bethesda Naval Hospital (term limited at last, this guy was so corrupt it was almost funny). Anywho, there is a conpiracy theory floating around out there that the Obama admin had him killed to prevent a new defense appropriations scandal from surfacing.

As these things go it is a little lightweight and not very credible. There were a lot of them surrounding Clinton, some with just enough truth to make almost believe it.

Conspiracy theories are fun, we should make a thread for that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Didn't there used to be one? I thought everyone scared off the conspiracy theorists.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Didn't there used to be one? I thought everyone scared off the conspiracy theorists.

Too many people agreed with the conspiracists. Made me and GD go apoplectic.

Played Red Orchestra a lot tonight, having promised myself only ten minutes. I got suckered into playing for longer because my first hour was as a huge run of luck with sniping. Some hilarious long range shots and lucky grenades. There are few things more pleasing than seeing some SS wannabe proudly mounting a hillock in a tiger tank, unbuttoning and putting the binoculars to his face to scan for prey, then WHALLOP shoot him with a rifle. The tank just sits there with a dead nazi hanging out of it.

-Elwood Blues

Too many people agreed with the conspiracists. Made me and GD go apoplectic.

;) Ok, so for the next one we only post theories we make up ourselves and see who can come up with tthe most plausable ones. There were a few about KOTOR 2 & 3 floating around that were just too funny.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I still think there's a conspiracy in the EPL. The Illuminati are all United fans.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tomorrow I get my SAT scores back. So, today I panicked.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Tomorrow I get my SAT scores back. So, today I panicked.

SATs = a joke

all strategy, not to mention you can take them as many times as you want. they are a horrible measure of intellect IMO

you shouldn't be worried unless you didn't prepare for them. the only excuse for not doing well is not putting in the effort to get a good score.

Edited by Krookie

hey come on fellas, i have my dull moments

i haven't really been up to all that much lately to be honest

i'm currently on leave from work for a couple of weeks, so i've been trying to find things to fill all the spare time i've suddenly found myself with

so far i've just generally stuffed around, caught up with a few people i hadn't seen in a while, went to the city gallery today with a friend to see some cool artwork, and caught up with a few errands around the house

i did meet an interesting character the other day though. i met some aussie dude who is walking an entire circuit around the country carting a rickshaw full of equipment for "light therapy healing"

he had some interesting ideas about conciousness and chi and stuff, but the idea of healing cancer by shining a light on someone's wrist just sounds bloody absurd

plus every topic of conversation seemed to steer towards his idea of "God" and going tripping on cactus...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!