Mass Effect 2

Gorth

." You could spend 150 hours playing the game and still wish to replay it. "

Fanboy alert! You are echoing BIO's nonsense about BG2's length!

BG2 does not have 150 hours of game play. That's silly talk. The game shouldn't take any normal person more than 60-80 hours.

"Also 2e rules system sucked."

No. Only 3e is arguably better.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

." You could spend 150 hours playing the game and still wish to replay it. "

Fanboy alert! You are echoing BIO's nonsense about BG2's length!

BG2 does not have 150 hours of game play. That's silly talk. The game shouldn't take any normal person more than 60-80 hours.

technically any game can have an infinite amount of gameplay. He didn't say on one playthrough...

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about ME. Could we get back to talking about hot alien on alien action?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dragon Age is superior to both BG2 and NWN1 in every single way.
Yeah, it's so awesome I'm thinking of trading it away 'cause I can't muster enough willpower to start it up again, let alone replay.

Also, I'm playing BG 2 now aaaand the difficulty is zigzagging (pushover rakshasa with kobolds 20 meters away from a group of level 20 peasantssewer thugs), the Viconia romance will drive me insane eventually but I'm having a lot more fun than in DA.

Also, respect to Gaylen's voice actor. Making the retarded word "Coo!" actually sound cool (or hilarious) takes some talent.

Also, the characters don't whine for 5 minutes while you pat their heads.

Talk about ME, talk about ME.... ummm.......ummmmm..... oh yeah: Grunt may have one "trait" to make him at least a bit interesting:

In one of the trailers it seemed (again, emphasis on seemed) like he was being transported aboard the Normandy before the attack.

Edited by Oner

Is any game review site/publication NOT going to like ME2?

Would seem unlikely. Maybe some blogger somewhere might pan it. Or the Codex and NMA.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Codex will no doubt blast it. MMA too.

"Boo you are no better with BG2 than Volo is with NWN. This is a farce."

yeah, I love NWN so much i rate the OC 75%, and I find SOU oevrrated. Haven't boguht asll the premium mods. I've also heavily criticized certain things in the OC. Again, read my NWN review. Or better yet, read SP's review. I agree with half of what he says and he LOATHES the game. L0L

Back to ME2: I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but it does seemed they have dumbded down ME's character system. tSK, TSK.

Codex will no doubt blast it. MMA too.

"Boo you are no better with BG2 than Volo is with NWN. This is a farce."

yeah, I love NWN so much i rate the OC 75%, and I find SOU oevrrated. Haven't boguht asll the premium mods. I've also heavily criticized certain things in the OC. Again, read my NWN review. Or better yet, read SP's review. I agree with half of what he says and he LOATHES the game. L0L

You love NWN so much that you keep bringing it up. I couldn't care less what you think about it, just drop it.

2 quick observations...

1) reviewers is hamstrung by their review of me1

if a reviewer gave me 1 +90%, then assuming me 2 is a better game they gotta give me 2 better than +90%, no? some o' the reviews for me 1 were ridiculous high; the game were good, but it weren't as orgasmic as many reviewers suggested. would have been more surprised if bioware hadn't fixed some o' the obvious busted stuff from me 1.

2) just witnessed a me 2 commercial that were shown after the 2-minute warning of the nfc championship game.

wow. that is a premier advertising slot. am recalling when crpg were considered niche.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 quick observations...

1) reviewers is hamstrung by their review of me1

if a reviewer gave me 1 +90%, then assuming me 2 is a better game they gotta give me 2 better than +90%, no? some o' the reviews for me 1 were ridiculous high; the game were good, but it weren't as orgasmic as many reviewers suggested. would have been more surprised if bioware hadn't fixed some o' the obvious busted stuff from me 1.

2) just witnessed a me 2 commercial that were shown after the 2-minute warning of the nfc championship game.

wow. that is a premier advertising slot. am recalling when crpg were considered niche.

HA! Good Fun!

1: Handwaved with "the standards have risen since then" AFAIK.

2: Related.

" a reviewer gave me 1 +90%, then assuming me 2 is a better game they gotta give me 2 better than +90%, no? some o' the reviews for me 1 were ridiculous high; the game were good, but it weren't as orgasmic as many reviewers suggested. would have been more surprised if bioware hadn't fixed some o' the obvious busted stuff from me 1. "

NEWSFLASH: Just because YOU didn't think it was that good doesn't mean the reviewer didn't. Everyone rates things differently. *shrug*

That advertsiing money was wasted. It probably got ME2 maybe an extra 5 sales. L0L

That advertsiing money was wasted. It probably got ME2 maybe an extra 5 sales. L0L

Oh, I doubt it. There is a very large crowd of gamers out there who own a 360 but generally stick with Madden and whatever the current Call of Duty is, and who don't necessarily pay much attention to upcoming releases outside those franchises. A well-done and well-placed trailer (I saw it, and it was both-- even my wife noticed the commercial, which was muted, and asked me what that's about) can get a lot of those guys (and they are all guys) to think about at least renting the game the next time they stop by the Blockbuster. And some will end up buying it outright.

It's an aggressive ad campaign for a game, but ME from the beginning has been about Bio trying to hit the same notes that a big effects-driven blockbuster sci-fi film does, so it makes sense that they should start trying to hit the same audience.

" a reviewer gave me 1 +90%, then assuming me 2 is a better game they gotta give me 2 better than +90%, no? some o' the reviews for me 1 were ridiculous high; the game were good, but it weren't as orgasmic as many reviewers suggested. would have been more surprised if bioware hadn't fixed some o' the obvious busted stuff from me 1. "

NEWSFLASH: Just because YOU didn't think it was that good doesn't mean the reviewer didn't. Everyone rates things differently. *shrug*

if me 1 were so close to perfect, the developers wouldn't have had to make any real changes... such as getting rid o' the mindless planet exploration you like so much.

me 1 were enjoyable, but if you can't see the flaws you ain't looking... or you is willful oblivious. to get the ratings me 1 received from reviewers required vol level myopia.

as for advertising... *shrug* am personally not concerned with numbers of additional sales. more significant to Gromnir is that the publisher clear ain't thinking of me 2 as a niche product for a smallish sub-group of gamers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Always seems character growth is finding out about their tortured past :ermm:

A concept frankly ripped from Planescape Torment.

lol. This is almost as bad as when I saw someone claim that Bioshock ripped it's art style off from Fallout.

What? Who would claim something like that? O.o

Admittedly I only played about an hour of Bioshock, but in that time I didn't see anything that made me think "Man, this so reminds me of Fallout!"

Edited by Deraldin

Admittedly I only played about an hour of Bioshock, but in that time I didn't see anything that made me think "Man, this so reminds me of Fallout!"

Welcome to the Internet. :ermm:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main...erThanTheyThink

Edited by Oner

No F/F action.

I doubt that. I mean ME had it, DA had it, JE had it, KotOR had it... :ermm:

No F/F according to the devs, people hoped for Samara action(Asari not considered female by the devs :ermm: ). But the game files seem to indicate that Samara is not an option.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

No F/F action.

I doubt that. I mean ME had it, DA had it, JE had it, KotOR had it... :ermm:

No F/F according to the devs, people hoped for Samara action(Asari not considered female by the devs :ermm: ). But the game files seem to indicate that Samara is not an option.

Not an option for the females that is.

For us guys, it's a matter of gotta shag 'em all!

manthing2.jpg

Welcome to the Internet. :ermm:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main...erThanTheyThink

I get the trope, but what is the connection between Bioshock and Fallout? What did Bioshock supposedly rip off from Fallout? :ermm: