Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

RPG writing would be much better if the "I just want to fight" character archetype was abandoned and forgotten.

I have to disagree with that. I think more characters like that we have, the better we are as they are at least simple to write. Unlike more complex characters and majority of the writers fail on 'em more or less complitely.

Just about every character in ME2 could be in my dream team and renegade run has a chance to be really good.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Now was it just some strange thing.. or did I actually read some comment about ME2 that they've specifically aimed at having each character with fairly unique/individual powers.. rather then similar ones.. to encourage players to mix and switch their group during the game depending on what they're facing?

I seem to have a dim memory of it in an interview somewhere, so that so that players wouldn't just have the same "two" for every single moment... but I can't recall where so I'm suddenly wondering if twas but some strange dream...

Although on a similar point.. Vanguards don't have Lift or Throw?? Dammit, I loved those on my Vanguard run through..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Now was it just some strange thing.. or did I actually read some comment about ME2 that they've specifically aimed at having each character with fairly unique/individual powers.. rather then similar ones.. to encourage players to mix and switch their group during the game depending on what they're facing?

I seem to have a dim memory of it in an interview somewhere, so that so that players wouldn't just have the same "two" for every single moment... but I can't recall where so I'm suddenly wondering if twas but some strange dream...

Although on a similar point.. Vanguards don't have Lift or Throw?? Dammit, I loved those on my Vanguard run through..

Lift and Throw no longer exist. You have Push and Pull. Vanguards have Pull. It's like lift, but isn't limited to just sending enemies up.

Guest The Architect

Hey as for the Mass Effect save games, if I were to finish the game and play through the same saved game again either to get to level 60 or do side-quests I didn't previously do or know about, and I didn't finish the replay of my saved game, and I went on to play Mass Effect 2, would the saved game work, or would I have to complete the same saved game again? Hope that makes sense.

Hey as for the Mass Effect save games, if I were to finish the game and play through the same saved game again either to get to level 60 or do side-quests I didn't previously do or know about, and I didn't finish the replay of my saved game, and I went on to play Mass Effect 2, would the saved game work, or would I have to complete the same saved game again? Hope that makes sense.

You would have to complete the game again. You could import the final save from your first run, but anything you did in the second run does not exists as far as ME2 is concerned until you finish that run. Each time you complete the game, a new invisible save is created.

Example:

Character A has completed the game once normally and once in a new game+. A will have two possible saves to import. One for each completed game.

Character B has completed the game once normally and has either not finished a new game+, or has not started a new game+. B will have only one save to import.

Character C has not complete the game at all. No import for you.

Edited by Deraldin

The game makes a "special" auto-save when you complete ME. It's seperate from the normal auto-saves and whatever saves you've kept.

That's the one that gets used to transfer to ME2.

Guest The Architect

So even if you delete the auto-saves and manual save games from your profile, if you finished just one playthrough of Mass Effect, it'll be kept?

Ha. Legion as a joinable NPC confirmed.

YES.

Guess I'll have to decide between him and Thane.

If I still have to endure that decompression or disinfection when entering the ship they can forget about me constantly changing party members.

I just pray there won't be anymore awkward scenes that makes me cringe this time around. The council meeting where Saren is revealed comes to mind as as a good example. At that point Shepard had gone through a experience with a very badly 50.000 year beacon made for a race different then it's own and found a small mention of a machine race in a Geth memory core yet she is suddenly a expert on galactic history. Though the reapers was real there was a chance the council was right and Saren was just using the Geth for for his own goals. But no, Shepard with the limited information around knows everything and keep pressing the council on and on about what the reapers are and what they intend to do and refuse to even consider that jumping to conclusions might not be the best thing to do at the moment.

For all we know at that point the repears and the beacon might have been the prothean version of a horror movie. That captain Andersson was just as annoying and kept pressing the issue as well everytime I managed to get Shepard to back down didn't help either. :p

Edited by zazei

This is awesome. I'm definitely going Vanguard the first time.

"Charge is a extremely tactical power"

pfffttttchh.jpg

Whoever wrote that stuff could have a promising career at shopping channel :lol:

"Though the reapers was real there was a chance the council was right and Saren was just using the Geth for for his own goals."

Except, Shepard knows thanks to an eyewitness, that Saren murdered Saren's supposed 'friend'. Yeah, yeah, the council dismisses the account; but that's because they are retarded to make excuses for the scumbucket due to their innate bigotry.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Though the reapers was real there was a chance the council was right and Saren was just using the Geth for for his own goals."

Except, Shepard knows thanks to an eyewitness, that Saren murdered Saren's supposed 'friend'. Yeah, yeah, the council dismisses the account; but that's because they are retarded to make excuses for the scumbucket due to their innate bigotry.

To be fair to the brain dead council members.. Look at it if you didn't know Saren was involved:

Saren - has a legendary, heroic reputation for the last x many decades. Is the Spectre called when it's a "it must be done" situation.

Bolshy humans turn up, first time they have a candidate try out for Spectre, Saren gives them a fail.

A couple of years later... a second human is given a chance.. the Spectre overseeing it ends up dead, and those pesky humans are saying Saren did it.. with absolutely no proof beyond their "word". And so far they're kind of known as being a bit pushy...

It would be kind of like some third-world country turning up to the USA and saying "hey, you know that dedicated soldier guy who's won the Medal of Honor more then once? He murdered someone. Oh. we don't have any proof. But we're telling you the truth guv'nor. Honest." :shifty:

Yeah, I would have liked the ME1 intro better if they hadn't shown the player the cutscene of Saren killing Other-Spectre-Dude. It would've made the discovery of OSD's body more memorable, and would've shifted the focus more to that Naptime Smuggler Witness. The player believes NSW because the player has seen the cutscene-- other than that, he doesn't seem all that trustworthy. (How many humans can actually tell two Turians apart, anyway?)

Then they don't believe you about Sovereign, hours after you proved to them that yes, Saren is indeed a traitor. I understand why they would want proof of this, but why make someone a SPECTER if you don't trust their word? Spec ops doesn't mean they always can provide evidence, and to boot, the last time they bought a witness, he was disregarded, without personal inquiry or anything.

BTW, two words: Asari joining (Hey Shepard, can I take a look at those visions of yours?). Salarian investigation. Truth serum. 10k years worth of technology.

Also, I didn't need the novels. Did Saren provide proof about half the mission failing 'cause of Anderson? No?

(How many humans can actually tell two Turians apart, anyway?)
Not that hard with facial paint and skin tone. Edited by Oner

Then they don't believe you about Sovereign, hours after you proved to them that yes, Saren is indeed a traitor. I understand why they would want proof of this, but why make someone a SPECTER if you don't trust their word? Spec ops doesn't mean they always can provide evidence, and to boot, the last time they bought a witness, he was disregarded, without personal inquiry or anything.

BTW, two words: Asari joining (Hey Shepard, can I take a look at those visions of yours?). Salarian investigation. Truth serum. 10k years worth of technology.

Also, I didn't need the novels. Did Saren provide proof about half the mission failing 'cause of Anderson? No?

(How many humans can actually tell two Turians apart, anyway?)
Not that hard with facial paint and skin tone.

Thing is even is even if they believe Shepard had the visions and the data recorded in the Geth is accurate there is no real reason to believe the reapers really are a threat at that point. We do find evidence for it later but at this stage all they have to go on is a 50.000 year old damaged machine made to suit a race other then human that might or might not been stored with something useful. There is a vision in it sure and Shepard can tell that it's of machines killing people but that could mean anything. As said for all we know it could have been the prothean version of a bad b-movie. How do Shepard know for sure that's really the reapers? From the movie they show us in the game it's very uncomplete compared to the one we get later in the game. Humanity also given quite a bad impression of the whole thing before with the way Anderson tried to present a vision that had nothing to do with Eden prime as evidence against Seran at the first meeting.

Also even if all that is true and the geth truely are trying to bring them back there is few reasons to believe they can or that it's necessary Saren's goals. There is a lot they have no idea about at that point and everyone but Shepard and Anderson can see that. Anderson is also heavily biased against Saren for their history and seems desperate to hold on to anything that could bring that bastard down. So I really don't get why we can't get a option to not press the issue about the reapers since the council already given Shepard everything she/he needs to bring Saren down on their own.

It would have made a lot more sense to make the strong argument for the reapers later after finding out and meeting Sovereign to me. Sadly at that point Shepard already acted like a lunatic quite a few times so while the council is useless and the turian is xenophobic I can't fully blame them for not trusting everything about the reapers from day one.

Edited by zazei