What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Has anyone felt compassion for any character in ANY game?

Nordom.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

There's a kid in Fallout 2, who has lost his teddybear. If you find it, you can rip it to peaces in front of the kid. I've done that only once, because it feels so damn bad to do that.

Willy Beamish's frog, I really wanted that guy to win the frog jumping race.

:brows:

I remember that one! Entertaining, but frustrating. As I recall, there were far too many ways you could screw up in ways that would not be obvious until much much later in the game, forcing huge-backtracking reloads or restarts.

Andrew Ryan, Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) and at some point Kreia.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hmmm, did anyone feel any compassion to any character in Mass Effect?

Sure.

I don't think of NPCs as walking XP or quest givers, so when I learn that the army is holding the corpse of a man's wife for study and all he wants is to give her a proper burial, I feel compassion. When I learn the life story of a woman who was taken by Batarian slavers at a young age, I also feel compassion.

I have. All the time.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I felt really bad initially upon seeing how Renegade FemShep handled that fanboy in the Citadel... but then I laughed. Same happened with executing the one Asari on Feros & the other one in Virmire.

The paragon option for the asari on Virmire made no sense. How is that woman supposed to outrun an explosion that's miles wide? And if she did survive the explosion, what is she going to do on an uninhabited world? She

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I felt really bad when Jock died in Deus Ex, partly as it was my screw up for not doing anything after seeing the Odd Mechanic, pft.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

hell yes.

several times. but the most poignant was my horse in Shadow of the Colossus. I seriously almost shed a tear when the horse saved my life at the end... you know what im talking about if you've played it.

one of the saddest moments in gaming in my opinion.

i actually get emotionally connected to the cast of final fantasy 8 too. and Vivi in FF 9.

dude, and otocan. when his sister bites the bullet and the parrot says his name and he starts freaking out and crying. oh man, i felt so sorry for him. maybe its cause im close with my little sister or something, but i definitely remember that moment as being sad as all hell. that was MGS 2 i think...

this is actually a good idea for a thread....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ugh FF8.

A new thread is not a bad idea...

i found it fun enough for a while, then they busted out the "OMG we all grew up at the same orphanage and the chick we tried to assassinate looked after us?!" :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i found it fun enough for a while, then they busted out the "OMG we all grew up at the same orphanage and the chick we tried to assassinate looked after us?!" :(

yeah for sure that part was wicked lame. so was ultimecia in general, adon would have been a better villain. BUT... by the time the game is over and im watching the final cinematic... i dunno, i feel a little heartbroken that its all over. plus holy crap, the scene where squall picks rinoa up and tries to carry her piggyback all the way to that wierd country. that was some tenderness that got to me too.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Makai Kingdom. I love this game. Lord Zetta is the greatest character in any game ever. NIS is my hero.

My Oblivion character. 300 hrs. will do that, I guess. Barring that, then not really.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

300 hours? Oblivion?

how did you not get bored as hell? :p

I had nothing better to do with my life. Besides, it was the only decent 360 game out then.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS