Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Alpha Protocol. And that seems to be it. :)

Keeping an eye on the DAO dlc/expansion scene, but so far not too impressed. Wondering if they could put out stuff like Bring Down the Sky for ME2 (or is it going to be of the Warden's Keep variety?)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Deus Ex 3:

Unless the cutscenes are filled with spike-haired teenagers, the sky is the limit. If it tries to be more like the first game than the sequel, I probably like it.

Half-Life 2 Episode 3:

It takes it's time alright, looks like the episode system didn't exactly work as valve thought. But if it provides even better stuff than EP2, I will be more than happy.

Mafia 2:

The gameplay movies looks good, I just hope the story will rock like in the first game.

Supreme Commander 2:

The only modern RTS I like is SupCom, so I might check this one too.

And what ever first person RPG Arkane Studios is making, the two previous ones has been pure gold in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and Witcher 2 too!

Edited by Slinky

Supreme Commander was so... empty

I kinda have to agree with that, but I still liked it. The expansion Forged Alliance kicks major arse though.

Every time I played SupCom I had some awesome grand strategy thought out(secret secondary bases, coordinated flanking attacks from three sides, multi-stage assaults), but I always ended up just building a lot of bombers/nukes/whatever and rushing the poor enemy.

Maybe I'm just not good and big-scale strategy.

Or the game doesn't expect the player to have a copy of The Art of War next to him :thumbsup:

That's what I like in SupCom. Big explosions and lots of units shooting the hell out of each other.

I just saw some pics for Diablo 3 at Kotaku.

Compared to Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Alpha Protocol, and Dragon Age they aren't all that impressive. I am surprised that Blizzard even thinks such lackluster offering is going to be accepted.

I am anticipating Alpha Protocol and the Dragon Age expansion.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Diablo might be colourful, but Diablo shouldn't look as "soft" or cartoony as Diablo 3 does right now.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm not saying the edits by fans were any better - frankly they were terrible. But Diablo 3 does NOT look like a nextgen game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sigh. Company of Heroes 2: The Ardennes or North Africa.

But no. However, I might try out the groovy looking Eastern Front mod.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Mass Effect 3.

Probably going to be a MMORPG :wacko:

I ****ing well hope not... MMOPOSes are... well... POSes...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Mass Effect 3.

Probably going to be a MMORPG >_<

I ****ing well hope not... MMOPOSes are... well... POSes...

I got that impression from your nick/sig.

For the record, I agree. I went through that page during the text era of the 90s. I wouldn't touch a MMORPG with a 10' pole.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif