Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Bad Company 2. <3

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Transformers: War for Cybertron

The developer has one of the worst track records I have seen in recent years. This could actually be worse than the movie-based game.

Also, transformers suck

It better not suck. Transformers needs a decent game, and this one at least looks promising.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Am I sorely mistaken or are the only non action, non MMO RPG's that we can look forward to in the following year: Mass Effect 2, DA expansions, Alpha Protocol and Fallout:New Vegas? I've been looking through IGN and Gamespot and I can't find anything else...

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There's also whatever RPGs you can find here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Since Pidesco provided that convenient list I'll just draw up one of my own from the games provided there:

-Starcraft II

-JA3 (god it looks like crap)

-C&C 4 (to see the end!)

-Guild Wars 2 (perhaps)

-Drakensang: The River of Time

-North Star (wtf, is the likely reaction but the game has some serious pedigree)

-Broken Hourglass (indie with good potential)

-Dropship (ex troika guys!)

-Gray Matter (Jane Jensen!)

-Infinity: The Quest for Earth & Jumpgate Evolution & Black Prophecy (been looking for a space flight sim MMO that features real time combat for a while)

-Subversion (from the makers of Darwinia, Defcon etc.!)

-Mafia II

-Deus Ex3

-Alien vs Predator

-Max Payne 3 (though I think its gonna be a faliure)

-Bioshock 2

-Alpha Protocol/ME2/Fallout NV

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Since Pidesco provided that convenient list I'll just draw up one of my own from the games provided there:

-Starcraft II

-JA3 (god it looks like crap)

-C&C 4 (to see the end!)

-Guild Wars 2 (perhaps)

-Drakensang: The River of Time

-North Star (wtf, is the likely reaction but the game has some serious pedigree)

-Broken Hourglass (indie with good potential)

-Dropship (ex troika guys!)

-Gray Matter (Jane Jensen!)

-Infinity: The Quest for Earth & Jumpgate Evolution & Black Prophecy (been looking for a space flight sim MMO that features real time combat for a while)

-Subversion (from the makers of Darwinia, Defcon etc.!)

-Mafia II

-Deus Ex3

-Alien vs Predator

-Max Payne 3 (though I think its gonna be a faliure)

-Bioshock 2

Eh? JA3 is still in development? I thought that had been cancelled for the 3rd time.

What about Witcher 2? Still more than a year away?

STALKER: CoP is a smallish game, but its going to be a good one. I hope. Out in a couple weeks.

New Thief is in development.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, I just followed the info yarn to wikipedia, and It's state of development seems to currently be in an unconfirmable limbo.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Games I'm looking forward to coming in 2010 (or atleast I hope they make it in 2010)

-Alpha Protocol

-Fallout: New Vegas: I HOPE it makes it this year... but I'm not holding my breath

-Mass Effect 2

-Alien vs Predator: A new trailer out featuring the brutal kills out. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uk-kill-aliens-vs/60913

-Red Dead Redemption: My most anticipated

-Max Payne 3

-Resident Evil 5 DLC

-Brink

There are some others I'm interested in, especially some I missed from '09 like Arkham Asylum, but the above listed have me the most excited.

Alpha Protocol: Genuinely looks great.

Fallout New Vegas: FO3's visuals and Obsidian's story/writing should do it for me.

Thief 4: Depends on what happens to it.

DA Awakening: More smash & loot? Why not.

Diablo 3: Grand fun.

Age of Decadence: Good demo.

-Deus Ex3

:woot:

SquareEnix is making the cutscenes, I'm half expecting it to be filled with lolitas.

WHAT! Your not Boo. Begone.

There are no other RPG's to play (in like the entire first half of 2010) and I need mah fix...

Eh? JA3 is still in development? I thought that had been cancelled for the 3rd time.

What about Witcher 2? Still more than a year away?

Dunno about JA3, I just saw it on the list.

I think its more than a year away, yes.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

A year ago (approximately) I was looking forward to a trio of games that I thought looked promising and way below the common radar: White Gold, The Precursors and Dead Island. Well, White Gold was released in Russia and it turned out to be an unplayable mess and has no chance of ever getting an English release (it seems). Dead Island has had that "Under construction" sign on the official webpage for over a year now and not a single sign of life (except some July 2009 interview with Techland who assures us the game is still in development).

But The Precursors was recently released in Russia and it doesn't seem half bad! There have been popping up some gameplay videos on Youtube:

Precursors gameplay part 1:

Precursors gameplay part 2:

It's looking good! If only I understood what they said.. Anyhow, my interest in the game is renewed!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A year ago (approximately) I was looking forward to a trio of games that I thought looked promising and way below the common radar: White Gold, The Precursors and Dead Island. Well, White Gold was released in Russia and it turned out to be an unplayable mess and has no chance of ever getting an English release (it seems). Dead Island has had that "Under construction" sign on the official webpage for over a year now and not a single sign of life (except some July 2009 interview with Techland who assures us the game is still in development).

But The Precursors was recently released in Russia and it doesn't seem half bad! There have been popping up some gameplay videos on Youtube:

Precursors gameplay part 1:

Precursors gameplay part 2:

It's looking good! If only I understood what they said.. Anyhow, my interest in the game is renewed!

Yeah, it doesn't look half bad. Is it a straight shooter? Or are there some dialogue, character development, quest aspects to it?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Dunno about JA3, I just saw it on the list.

Unless it has been returned to development, which is always possible, Jag 3 is dead. IIRC, Strategy FIrst pulled the plug on the project due to problems with the developer. Or something. Frankly I wasn't paying much attention. The idea of a Jagged Alliance game without militia, mines, sectors, or a dynamic campaign wasn't the least bit interesting. Linear, mission-based combat games bore the crap out of me.

Yeah, it doesn't look half bad. Is it a straight shooter? Or are there some dialogue, character development, quest aspects to it?

It's basically Boiling Point in space.

Google-translated review here (8/10):

http://tinyurl.com/y8sawkp

Russian isn't easily translated as they use a lot of multi-word expressions in their language, but you'll get the gist of it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Russian isn't easily translated as they use a lot of multi-word expressions in their language, but you'll get the gist of it.

Cool. Thank you.

Graphics are no longer able to compete with today's market leaders, and small flaws, such as cutting sounds of firing in space, otorvut from the game's final score, a couple of balls.

What?

I'm still pretty bummed about no JA3. It sounded like it had a shot, with the Silent Storm engine and members form that team working on it. Sure, it was never going to be as good as JA2, but Silent Storm was a solid enough title to lend some hope.

Am I sorely mistaken or are the only non action, non MMO RPG's that we can look forward to in the following year: Mass Effect 2, DA expansions, Alpha Protocol and Fallout:New Vegas? I've been looking through IGN and Gamespot and I can't find anything else...

I dunno about everybody else, but that looks like the best year for CRPGs since, well, ever. :shifty:

Also, I'm very very interested in Deus Ex 3, even if its RPGness might be somewhat in question - as is its year of release...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I dunno about everybody else, but that looks like the best year for CRPGs since, well, ever. o:)

Too true. It seems like there are only 3 companies making western RPGs and it we are pretty lucky to be getting multiple games from two of them this year. Unless we get more delays this year... :shifty:

I do wish there was some new D&D game on the horizon NwN style...

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I do wish there was some new D&D game on the horizon NwN style...

To me.. I'm a touch scared of the potential of any new D&D games.. to go with the license they'd need to be based around the new 4th Edition system.. and that's.. well. Bloody awful.

To my eye, it's like they've made a pen and paper rpg using heavily simplified rules, adapted from the WoW game system... (if i was being purely cynical I'd say it's been done on purpose by WoTC in an effort to draw in the WoW gamers by making it "simple" and "easy" to get into.)

So any computer game adapted from it will be a touch... off. At least to my mind..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My most anticipated game so far is Drakensang: River of Time which is released in Germany in a month. I played the demo and was impressed.

Too true. It seems like there are only 3 companies making western RPGs and it we are pretty lucky to be getting multiple games from two of them this year. Unless we get more delays this year... :ermm

There's of course also Piranha Bytes, CD Projekt, Arkane Studios, Radon Labs, etc.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.