Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Not a new game (at all), but Diablo2 is actually going to gain a new patch...partly to stick it onto the new version of bnet, I assume, but also some gameplay things.

I haven't played D2 in ages...if the patch changes seem interesting, I might pull it out again while waiting for D3, so I'm "looking forward" to seeing what they are...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't wait until someone makes an open world game with Mirror's Edge platforming. Should be fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Now that Brutal Legend is out and Alpha Protocol is delayed, what the **** am I supposed to look forward to? :sorcerer:
DA?

I want to get excited about it, but its marketing campaign makes me nauseous :x

Then I've no idea.

Now that Brutal Legend is out and Alpha Protocol is delayed, what the **** am I supposed to look forward to? :sorcerer:
DA?

I want to get excited about it, but its marketing campaign makes me nauseous :x

Come on man! It's the new ****, Marylin Manson said so.

marilynmanson012.jpg

I can't wait until someone makes an open world game with Mirror's Edge platforming. Should be fun.

Assassin's Creed kind of did that, too bad the rest of the game sucked...

i can only speak for myself, but i LOVED the swordfighting in AC. It could be challenging, but when you were in the groove it made you feel like a real badass master sworsdsman laying waste to packs of redshirts.

the repetetive missions however were a joke. find all the flags..... psshh YOU find all the flags, jerk game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Assassin's Creed kind of did that, too bad the rest of the game sucked...

Yeah, but the setting's not really the same, there's no kung-fu and there are no guys with guns to disarm. Also not first person.

Assassin's Creed is pretty far from what I'd expect, come to think of it. :blink:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The fighting would have been great if you actually had to fight people on regular basis. Just beating up a bunch of guards served no purpose, running away was faster and easier.

if you just play the game doing ONLY the bare minimum, (ie just the assassinations and the couple jobs needed to unlock each) there is actually a fair amount of combat, and its well balanced in between the parkour parts of the game. especially the last few assassinations, there are some brutal battles there.

if you havent tried doing that, i recommend it, its much more fun than if you spend time dilly dallying with the awful side missions.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Look forward to Borderlands! I know I am.

We seem to have fairly similar tastes in regards to games. What do you know about Borderlands that I don't know?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.