Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Red Faction Guerrilla. Yes I know it's on 360 already, but once I know a game is going to be on PC, I wait for that version.

*high five*

Destructible terrain ftw!

Ok. You seem to play every game ever released. How many of them do you actually pay for?

Feel free to enclose a picture of your assumable huge game library.

:sorcerer:

Bit of a leap. For some people, money isn't an issue.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Red Faction Guerrilla. Yes I know it's on 360 already, but once I know a game is going to be on PC, I wait for that version.

*high five*

Destructible terrain ftw!

Ok. You seem to play every game ever released. How many of them do you actually pay for?

Feel free to enclose a picture of your assumable huge game library.

The only game I got in the last ~2 months was Wolfenstein and I'm looking forward to Red Faction: Guerrilla.

And yes, you're going to have to take my word for it.

Diablo 3

I am looking for a NEW single player RPG. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Not without knowing what you already played and which ones you liked/didn't like.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

lol. Or you can just throw Boo's list at people!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Without getting too far off topic, could someone give me a quick rundown on Gothic III. Player's perspective.

It's an open-ended RPG like Oblivion, with a huge sprawling world... but with terribly unbalanced combat that enables simple woodland creatures to easily kill you by means of a "stun lock" while the big bad guys in the game (Orcs) are ridiculously easy to beat. The game also has terrible performance compared to Oblivion, but those issues are solved by a community patch - so d/l this if you're planning to play.

For a "new" single-player RPG, I'd recommend Drakensang: the Dark Eye. This game combines the party-based combat of NWN 2 with a unique, highly detailed fantasy setting (Aventuria) comparable to Tamriel of Elder Scrolls (but even more detailed, judging from the many lore books that have been released).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

For a "new" single-player RPG, I'd recommend Drakensang: the Dark Eye. This game combines the party-based combat of NWN 2 with a unique, highly detailed fantasy setting (Aventuria) comparable to Tamriel of Elder Scrolls (but even more detailed, judging from the many lore books that have been released).

Available on Steam

Not really. This guy comments on every game. Ever. In every thread. So either he has the biggest game library ever or he's a pirate. And naturally he doesn't own a camera to show this impressive game library.. Hugely unexpected. Not.

And money is an issue if you're from Estonia. This is why it irks me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not really. This guy comments on every game. Ever. In every thread. So either he has the biggest game library ever or he's a pirate. And naturally he doesn't own a camera to show this impressive game library.. Hugely unexpected. Not.

And money is an issue if you're from Estonia. This is why it irks me.

Shockingly I comment on games that I don't own, impressions from demos, playing at other peoples' places and hearing/reading about stuff.

And way to come off as a douche, obviously we're all living in clay huts and eating mud over here in Estonia.

Edited by Purkake

Shockingly I comment on games that don't own, impressions from demos, playing at other peoples' places and hearing/reading about stuff.

And way to come off as a douche, we're all living in dirt huts here and eating mud.

Of course you do.

Well.. you're behind Slovakia, but a bit better than Hungary!

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY...62009-BP-EN.PDF

By the way, how does that mud taste?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It feels very much like a PnP game directly translated to the computer. The skill balance is bizarre and it

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It feels very much like a PnP game directly translated to the computer. The skill balance is bizarre and it

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The only game I got in the last ~2 months was Wolfenstein and I'm looking forward to Red Faction: Guerrilla.

And yes, you're going to have to take my word for it.

The only game I've got in the last 2 months was GTA IV from the bargain bin. And I regret every minute I spent on it somewhat more than the twentysomething euros I wasted on it.

...Unless that Monkey Island 'remaster' came out in the last two months, that I got my money's worth out of.

Current games-to-buy list basically consists of Alpha Protocol; I've got MW2 and DAO on the look-see list, but I don't do online gaming so full-price for MW2 seems just like money badly spent, and well, I'm teetering between the watered-down console DAO or just not getting it until later. I used to have a really long list of games I was going to get this year, but it's shriveled pretty fast (Wolfenstein and Ghost Busters were on it, and now I can't summon enough energy to give a toss about either of them) :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know if we;ll see any advance reviews for alpha protocol, or do we need to wait till it's out?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.