Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

SupCom was an interesting large-scale strategy game with some nice new features(at the time) such as being able to zoom in to your cursors location instead of having to drag the screen around. It also had the potential for some actual large-scale strategy that games like Starcraft could only do in small scale.

I guess it managed to sucessfully shift the focus from micro-management to macro-management. The graphics, level design and the diversity of units suffered somewhat. Each faction was unique enough, but the individual units weren't particularly noteworthy.

That said, I don't have a clue about SupCom 2.

It should be ok, I don't like the change to the economy where you have to have the resources before you can start to build something, makes it like every other RTS as opposed to just managing rate in vs rate out like in TA and SC.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SupCom was one of the few macro games available. the map was so big you saw the curvature of the planets when you were backed all the way out.

It had the same basic resource structure as Total Annihilation.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But it's not Total Annihilation 2, so it has to suck.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was an extremely functional RTS which had the cool feature of using dual displays (practically a must). For those who like RTS gameplay but can handle thrice the demands of the usual RTS (in volume, not in complexity), SC is the way to go.

Me being one of the crazy people who only plays RTS games when the story or flavor hooks me in - I didn't like SC. Its a bland, generic sci fi deal with no characters or interesting twists - only polished gameplay.

Hence I'm waiting for SCII and CnC 4.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There were also some nice touches with large-area shield generators, cloak generators, long range artillery and tactical missiles that add so much more to a large-scale strategy game where the enemy's units don't constantly stumble on your units because there are only 2 ways from their base to yours.

The Titans were pretty stupid, but at least they required a ridiculous amount of resources and a ton of time to build, so it kind of balanced out.

Edited by Purkake

Square Enix got it's furry pawns on it, so expect the worst.

They are just publishers, don't scare me like that. For a minute I thought you meant SE bought Gas Powered Games. The thought of a thousand gender benders vs a thousand lolitas appeared and almost broke my fragile mind.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

They are just publishers, don't scare me like that. For a minute I thought you meant SE bought Gas Powered Games. The thought of a thousand gender benders vs a thousand lolitas appeared and almost broke my fragile mind.

Let's see what they do to Deus Ex 3. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haha, sorry didn't mean to give you nightmares :lol:

Atleast I haven't seen any Galactic Anime Schoolgirls in any of the gameplay videos, so there's still hope.

You guys could try to tone down the bigotry towards a Japanise company a bit, it's smelling a bit colonial here...

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :lol:

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :)

I used to. Now I can't stand 'em

It's called growing up :lol:

Edit: You did mean the anime part, not the companies?

Edited by Slinky

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :lol:

Look, that's exactly it. Did Medieval 2 have blue hedgehogs hopping around once SEGA took over? It's just your prejudice showing, that's all. Having Squenix as a publisher/co-developer doesn't magically introduce or increase animeish content in a game. Game design isn't a cover-up for foreign ethnicity. That's just the bigoted part of you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds