What are you playing now?

Gorth

The game even lets you know that you didn't actually need to yell and that if you were smart you'd have just clapped your hands.

Fun game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

IMy issues with the game were the Citadel and side missions. The Citadel was too empty and I felt could have been exploited better. Whenever I would rather use the speedy transit system right from the get go, I consider that to be a flaw in the level. The side missions were boring and exceptionally repetitive. Too much asset reuse (as numbers man stated), and the only ones I really cared for were the ones that were unique to my character backgrounds. Aside from that, I stopped doing them when I realized it was just a slog for more XP.
Yes, well, the Citadel and the UCW were the only ones where you could do any exploration and side quests, so not really like KOTOR.

If you're going to be a ****ing baiting/trolling moron about it, you're about to get in way over your head.

IMy issues with the game were the Citadel and side missions. The Citadel was too empty and I felt could have been exploited better. Whenever I would rather use the speedy transit system right from the get go, I consider that to be a flaw in the level. The side missions were boring and exceptionally repetitive. Too much asset reuse (as numbers man stated), and the only ones I really cared for were the ones that were unique to my character backgrounds. Aside from that, I stopped doing them when I realized it was just a slog for more XP.
Yes, well, the Citadel and the UCW were the only ones where you could do any exploration and side quests, so not really like KOTOR.

Ya-no... There were sidequests on the two first plot planets, you just had to look for em.

Dagon, you should really stop thumping your chest about Kotor... nothing ever good comes out of it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ya-no... There were sidequests on the two first plot planets, you just had to look for em.

Dagon, you should really stop thumping your chest about Kotor... nothing ever good comes out of it.

Just pointing out the obvious, that's all.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Just pointing out the obvious, that's all.

Yet drew the most absurd and ridiculous conclusion ever....and it wasn't even a correct one as Calax pointed out. Maybe it wasn't as obvious as you thought?

My comparisons of the game to KOTOR have little to do with your piss ant opinion of either game and were firmly established the moment I played Mass Effect (actually I had heard the comparisons long before I played the game). It has nothing to do with your opinion that the games differ significantly.

It's quite clear our opinions of both games differ significantly, and looking on starting **** by commenting on side quests (which are just a part of the game, not the entire game, just figured I'd point out the obvious in that regard) isn't going to make you look any more credible. But hey, your only rebuttal for disputing my perceived similarities of the game was a weak point like that, so cheers mate.

Edited by alanschu

I honestly think it's in vogue to hate on Bioware because they are a big company...arguably the biggest Western style RPG maker in the world from what I can tell.

For the record I did not pick up Sonic Chronicles because, even though it was made by Bioware, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be the game experience I was hoping for.

Finally got there and back again in Dead Space. Got outside the big asteroid, placed the stuff there that I was supposed to place there and rushed back inside. Simply "running" and dodging necromorphs instead of messing around with them. Just to be ganged up upon when back inside and killed by a mob that had superior numbers of heads, limbs and tentacles on their side.

Where is my save anywhere feature dammit? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally got there and back again in Dead Space. Got outside the big asteroid, placed the stuff there that I was supposed to place there and rushed back inside. Simply "running" and dodging necromorphs instead of messing around with them. Just to be ganged up upon when back inside and killed by a mob that had superior numbers of heads, limbs and tentacles on their side.

Where is my save anywhere feature dammit? ;)

It's called stasis, use it!

I honestly think it's in vogue to hate on Bioware because they are a big company...arguably the biggest Western style RPG maker in the world from what I can tell.

Ehm... there is no company named Bioware, it's just a label/division of EA, nothing more nothing less... you should know it ;)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ehm... there is no company named Bioware, it's just a label of EA, nothing more nothing less... you should know it ;)

Wrong. Bioware wasn't absorbed into EA. Why does this myth persist years after the deal was made?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I might be wrong, but it seems you missed these two sentences ;)

Today, EA sealed the deal and acquired Pandemic Studios and BioWare.

Actually, EA has acquired VG Holding Group, which included the aforementioned studios.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

People are still confusing the old EA with the "new" EA, which is unfortunate, since I think the company improved in the last few years.

And Bio will always be Bio. Just because they continue to evolve (for better or worse), doesn't mean they turn into Borg.

Activision is the new "evil" EA!

Edited by Morgoth

EA is probably the best big publisher out there right now. That's what makes the weird new marketing direction for Dragon Age even more confusing, because I would have thought EA and Bioware would both be smarter than that.

It almost seems like it's from Bioware going "Well, now we're trying to sell a hardcore BG clone on consoles, we need to make sure those idiots will buy it even though the gameplay is wayyy over their puny heads"

I completely don't think console players are dumb or couldn't handle something like baldur's gate, but I think a lot of old PC Devs making the switch DO seem to think that and market/redesign their games accordingly.

Edited by bhlaab

I think they just didn't know how to market a generic fantasy RPG. They can't rely on the D&D logo, so they have to make it appear..."distinguished". Not sure whether they succeeded on that though.

They could've tried something similar to their Star Wars MMO: a CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the game but blows everyone away, for instance a LOTR-like Helm's Deep or Pelennor Fields battle on Wagner music. *shrug*

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Or imagine this: showed off a bunch of cool gameplay elements instead of lame music videos of orcs being beheaded, showed off some cool large scale combat scenarios and pointing out how all the different classes have strengths and must work together instead of a single dragon boss battle where everyone just hacks away at it until it dies, and showed off how characters interact and grow over the course of a long narrative instead of just showing us "give a book-- sex" and begging us to believe them when they say there's SO much more to it than that.

Or imagine this: showed off a bunch of cool gameplay elements instead of lame music videos of orcs being beheaded, showed off some cool large scale combat scenarios and pointing out how all the different classes have strengths and must work together instead of a single dragon boss battle where everyone just hacks away at it until it dies, and showed off how characters interact and grow over the course of a long narrative instead of just showing us "give a book-- sex" and begging us to believe them when they say there's SO much more to it than that.

...but that would have just bored the Xbox 360 Impulse buyer.

Let's face it: Bioware doesn't want to show too much of their game because they fear it might not get so glorious receptions. And if there's one thing Bio can't stand, then it's critique for their work.

...but that would have just bored the Xbox 360 Impulse buyer.

Like I said before, I don't think that Xbox 360 players are any "dumber" than pc players or require shallower games. And super casual impulse buyers aren't checking out E3 trailers, they just pick up whatever has the coolest box art or the game they heard from the brother's uncle's roomate is pretty good.

Let's face it: Bioware doesn't want to show too much of their game because they fear it might not get so glorious receptions. And if there's one thing Bio can't stand, then it's critique for their work.

Well that backfired on them since all they've been getting for DA since E3 is criticism.