What you did today

Gorth

@Harry Potter:

"Harry lived with his Aunt and Uncle, the Sackville Bagginses, who tormented him by calling him Cinderella. Harry dearly wanted to know more about his father, but his Uncle refused to let him join his friends until after the next harvest. Fortunately, a strange old hermit, who lived out beyond the Dune Sea, and was known as Hagrid, showed Harry his true path. he did this by giving him his father's magic wand, which his father would have wanted when he was old enough, but his uncle wouldn't allow it. Harry vowed revenge on the dark lord of the Sith who had killed his father, but was flung sideways into Tom Brown's schooldays."

Is how I read the first book.

So harry is Luke with a little bit of emo and puberty thrown in.

anyway, found this when on a 90's hitch in youtube. And noticed them making fun of all the old "well known" dances (YMCA and Elvis/Michael Jackson for example)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

He's Luke with a bit of hobbit thrown in. I nearly forgot the being invisible occasionally.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, surprise! Archie lives still.

You're back!

@Harry Potter:

"Harry lived with his Aunt and Uncle, the Sackville Bagginses, who tormented him by calling him Cinderella. Harry dearly wanted to know more about his father, but his Uncle refused to let him join his friends until after the next harvest. Fortunately, a strange old hermit, who lived out beyond the Dune Sea, and was known as Hagrid, showed Harry his true path. he did this by giving him his father's magic wand, which his father would have wanted when he was old enough, but his uncle wouldn't allow it. Harry vowed revenge on the dark lord of the Sith who had killed his father, but was flung sideways into Tom Brown's schooldays."

Is how I read the first book.

:sorcerer::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Hmm, I think Dumbledore fits the Old Ben Kenobi role better than Hagrid, but I won't spoil why for sluggo. Ron Weasely is no Harrison Ford!

Hurlshot. I've traveled these internets for quite some time. To even suspect I don't know that

snape kills dumbledore

is an affront to my very character. You've shamed me today, I hope you know that.

Edit: Hi archy. I never forgot about you. <3

Have you begun breaking dudes necks with your martial arts?

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I may be misremembering, but my memories have him painted as a whiny little emo jerk in that book that needed someone to come along a backhand him a couple times till he got a grip and stopped being so damn unlikeable. Unfortunately that never happened. One of these days I might go back and finish the series.

If I remember correctly he finally stopped being a blubbering **** in

the half blood prince.

Other than that, Enoch, you really need to protect yourself man. You're just asking for trouble, the wrong kind of trouble. The kind of trouble that will break a man into a soulless being, bound to the earth in nothing but a golem of flesh. No soul and no spirit, emotionless as you stare blankly into the sky. Tears running down cheeks, your mind broken, you amount to no more than a potato.

So, you're saying... Switch to briefs??

I went to a CLE class (Continuing Legal Education-- a set number of credits are required annually to maintain my license) after work today. It was held from 5:30-8:45 in the evening so that the attendees wouldn't have to skip work. I walked out to find several voicemails on my mobile phone from relatives, inquiring as to whether I had been hurt or killed in this evening's Metro collision. (I was not, as I was late and my commute doesn't even take me along that track.)

Naw, you need to understand, slug, Harry Potter is too emo for stone col' killahs like the folks around here. Man, they need somethin' hard, like they are. Ya know?

Seriously, I had the first Harry Potter book in a dentist's office once and he asked what I was reading. I said Harry Potter and he responded with a comment about how reading had gone downhill over the years. I said it had served very well to draw a lot of children into the world of literature. When he was done, I handed the book to him and asked him to read a bit. It was an Attic Greek translation. Never went to that dentist again. :lol:

I don't know what it is, but I've had doctors and dentists comment on the books I read a lot. Not always rude. It's probably just a way to chat with a patient, I guess. I was reading a John Adams biography a while back and the doctor talked with me for so long about the book, I had to call back with the ISBN for the McCullough biography. It's one of the more readable works and it's only one book as opposed to a set of volumes.

Had really weird couple of days. I think the prospect of making some money has made me giddy. Trouble sleeping, or doing anything besides work. Really starting to dread my 'stage debut' singing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Really starting to dread my 'stage debut' singing.
Wha-?

Is there anything you don't do or haven't done? What are you, a hundred? Hyperactive? Both? >_<

BTW: genre?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

@213374U - your avatar makes me nauseous if I look at it for very long. :(

Today (and yesterday, and maybe tomorrow) I'm in a good mood, but also rather manic. Which means I'm either really charming/fun or really childishly annoying, depending on one's perspective. :closed:

Our garden is coming along nicely, my camera is getting a lot of use lately, we can still pay all the bills, and I am younger than Brad Pitt. Life is good.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Past few days I had off from work, it's really boring in the summer. :lol: Makes me wish autumn would roll around, college is calling to meh. One more year till I go away.

Edited by Syraxis

Hey, put that camera to use and take a pic of your garden, LC. We wants to see the pretty flowers.

Did you ever play Fallout, leet person? Walsh has been dipped and so he'll outlive us all. Mad as a hatter, but his singing voice has deepened.

Hi. Thought I would drop by for a moment see whats going on. I'm using a friends computer so I won't be back again for a while.

What am I doing today? Sweating my ass off thats what. Bloody 80 degrees out with 90% humidity.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I raged at the epic fail and generally ****-ery of EA. They need to go away. They suclk. I hate EA. They need to stop existing. I hate EA. I hate EA.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

@213374U - your avatar makes me nauseous if I look at it for very long. ;)
It's intended to cause epileptic seizures, not merely nausea, dammit! I had hoped to take out one moderator or two with it, as part of my revenge. But now the cat's out of the bag... :(

Did you ever play Fallout, leet person? Walsh has been dipped and so he'll outlive us all. Mad as a hatter, but his singing voice has deepened.
Hmm. Could use some of the green stuff myself, then. Booze and smokes just aren't my thing...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

@Aristes - It's a vegie garden, not a flower garden. ;)

I bought a cheap (supposedly TFT...) LG Flatron monitor at Best Buy to see if I could stand it. I like the size (23") and the resolution (1920x1080) but that's all I've tried so far. Now to fiddle with the settings/color/brightness. Default is way too bright but the color is at least ok/moderately acceptable. It might work for a while.

But so far, I still like the old CRT monitor for clarity (image and text) better. The ones we have just weren't working anymore for fine color adjustments of photos tho. :(

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

been chatting to my mother on msn

she's getting some time off and coming down to visit me next week for my birthday

no idea what the hell we're gonna do - i'll probably just take her out for lunch or something in town

oh, and she wants to meet my girlfriend - which is worrying :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The workout room at my apartments is open again with all new equipment. I popped in after work, spent 30 minutes on the ecliptical, and fifteen lifting wieghts. Absolutely soaked my t-shirt dripped sweat into my eyes. Must remember to bring towel next time.

The workout room has been closed since the first of the year while they remodeled and I'm out of shape.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.