What are you playing now?

Gorth

I beat wanted:weapons of fate in 3 hours...

It's good while it lasts but there isn't enough manipulation of adrenalin and so on.

They give you awards and their hype was around "you can bend bullets and hit two people with the same bullet!" and I was only able to pull that off very early on because the targets keep moving. If there was a way to engage bullet time AND the bending mechanic it'd make more sense.

The story and characters are even stupider than in the movie... but not such ___holes as in the comic. but the gunplay and cover system are fun. (if they gave gears the cover mechanic in Wanted it'd be dreamy)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In DDO I joined a guild called th epermadeath Society. They have a few rules to make the game more exciting, namely you can't respawn after death.

So a wizard and me were exploring a sewer system, and he noticed a chest up high in a corner. We climbed a few ledges to get there. When he made it, he said he had to go afk a bit. I decided to explore the area, avoiding the chest. Then suddenly a huge ball of gas blew up and an arcane skeleton attacked. The skellie whooped on me hard, knocking me down to almost no hitpoints. I backpedaled straight off the ledge and crumpled to the ground unconscious. The skeleton then killed my wizard compadre.

I ended up stabilizing and recovering enough to hightail it out of there, but I felt terrible about getting the wizard killed!

The sad part is I'm a rogue!

Baldur's Gate. Testing my mod before releasing it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I also think Invisible War is one of the best games I ever played. I guess I'm just not part of the RPG elite.

Have you ever played Deus Ex 1? Or System Shock 1 and 2? Or Terra Nova? Or Thief 1 and 2?

Thinking Invisible War is a "best" game is totally cool, if you haven't played other similar games.

It's like people who think Bioshock is awesome, but have never played System Shock 2.

Now if you have plyaed Deus Ex and yet think Invisible war is a superior game then I go: :)

DX is one of the old games I couldn't get into. I got into the Statue of Liberty but was too bored to continue. Not saying it's a bad game or IW is better, just didn't hold my interest long enough to find out.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

DX is one of the old games I couldn't get into. I got into the Statue of Liberty but was too bored to continue. Not saying it's a bad game or IW is better, just didn't hold my interest long enough to find out.

I don't like you.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

In DDO I joined a guild called th epermadeath Society. They have a few rules to make the game more exciting, namely you can't respawn after death.

So if you die your supposed to abandon your character?

Yep, that's why it's called death, I believe.

Although you could just leave the guild, if you are too attached. It's really just about creating a different way to play an MMO. I think the hardest part is the lack of varied content, meaning I can't picture myself going through the starter area another 5-10 times.

I don't like you.

To be fair, I actually found it pretty jarring to start off as well, and stalled out on Liberty Island on my first play through. The second time it took off though, and I played to completion.

Considering the number of high level characters in an MMO that should have access to raise dead, what is this death thing you speak of? It's kind of like sleeping right? Just a temporary affliction until the end of combat? :)

Considering the number of high level characters in an MMO that should have access to raise dead, what is this death thing you speak of? It's kind of like sleeping right? Just a temporary affliction until the end of combat? :thumbsup:

Well, this is a D&D game, so you need a level 9 cleric around to raise dead. Getting to level 9 is the tough part, DDO has a different leveling curve compared to MMO's. Plus, if you are in a dungeon, and you die with no level 9 cleric, you are dead. Or if the cleric dies, then everyone is dead. Basically it is a ruleset created by players to make the game more difficult. You also have to run the instanced quests on the highest difficulty available.

I think the highest level in the guild was 7 or 8, but I might be wrong. When I joined, there was a bunch of guys who had just re-rolled after a bad night, so I got to go through the intro with them.

They are up to 20 at this point.

I probably won't go with the permadeath idea forever. I might play this character and maybe another under the permadeath rules, but to be honest, I'm not sure if I will subscribe to this game long term. It is very group-centric, which is a drawback for my schedule.

I have two characters in WoW I'm trying to keep alive as long as possible. I have a level 24 rogue and a level 21 shammy who haven't died. I don't play them a lot because I'm stuck doing other stuff when I play, but I do enjoy playing them and I find I'm a lot more deliberate when I do quests now. I don't just run into the quests to do them. I'm careful and plan a lot better.

I just finished FEAR Project Origin on hard. Big Whoop. You get an award and no different ending. Hey, at least Painkiller gave you a new area and a special ending if you finished on the hardest setting! I don't mind. I'll probably replay the game on easy just to get the last bits of intel I've missed and the final two powerups I have somehow overlooked.

Fallout 2 - Currently in The Den. *****ing thieving kids. What a great game.

You're doing WHAT?!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hurlshot, if you're into this permadeath crap, you might want to look into Shiren for the DS. Turn-based roguelike. You die, you start over at the initial town at lvl 1 with all items/xp/gp you carry lost forever. However, as you play through the game multiple times, things start to change around the world. Maybe you'll meet one character in multiple scenarios, and they'll eventually join you. Maybe you'll open a caravan route that allows you to just jump to one of the towns further in the story. You also have very limited inventory space, so you have to make sure that everything you carry with you is important (and making sure you *use* all those items with finite charges, otherwise you just lose them anyway if you die), but you get to keep them in storage areas in towns (though that means not using them for that specific playthrough). Probably dirtcheap by now.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

sigh... i got bored with my umpteenth time through the BG saga. M&MIV gets kinda dull at the tomb of varn (big pyramid toward the end of the game - next to last dungeon i think). tedious is a better word - even john got tired of helping me with it, he normally runs the mouse, and left in the middle of our last session. in fact, looking back, i'm not sure i ever finished that damned game due to this particular dungeon. yawn. i got tired of the witcher, too, and SoZ was meh after a while.

i guess i've got MoW to look forward to. DA in the fall. i hate to say this, but maybe it's time to... exercise? aaaaahhhhhh!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Okay, now I beat the dragon. Off to the Grand Staff!

That's just a breather, a similarly difficult fight awaits at the entrance of the Grand Staff.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Okay, now I beat the dragon. Off to the Grand Staff!

That's just a breather, a similarly difficult fight awaits at the entrance of the Grand Staff.

Yes I know what you mean - that gigantic worm!

Yeez... I tried everything! But there's no way I can bring that bugger down. First kill is easy, but when he resurrects, he already uses a full charge immediately. That's just unfair. No matter what tactics I use, there's always that little bit too much that brings my party down.

I'm no further wasting time on that game.

Fallout 2 - Currently in The Den. *****ing thieving kids. What a great game.

You should be playing with the Restoration Mod. They restore a quest that resolves those %$#@# stealing kids... peacefully. Though it does have a minor consequence, for a certain NPC. That or well entering combat and sneaking buy them works too. But that is TOTALLY cheating. *cough*

I Highly recommend this mod. It is excellent.