Dragon Age

It wouldn't be a Bioware game without it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They ran out of buttons, so didn't put a pause on the controllers. Problem solved ;)

The trailer won't work in the office, and from what I've read I dont' really want to see the completely retarded sex stuff anyway, but tell me - apparently there was a bit where you can jump on the dragon and attack it or from underneath? Is that kind of interaction actually shown?

It's going to be really interesting just how much divergence there will be between this idiotic PR campaign and the actual playing experience - are they going somewhere out there hand in hand, or is the PR doing something on its own?

The fight had more interaction than expected (NWN2), but not enough interaction that one would hope (Diablo III).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The dragon was like a turret kicking things and shooting fireballs. It's like BG2 where the poor dragons were confined to their little lairs.

I can't really think of a good way to do it, though. You either go all-out with some God of War/Shadow of the Colossus style climb and stab action or just make them big and awkward versions of normal enemies.

Some optional natural traps could be put in areas with dragons too.

And have dragons fly a bit.

I mean even BG dragons had wing buffet that threw you away from them.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Some optional natural traps could be put in areas with dragons too.

And have dragons fly a bit.

I mean even BG dragons had wing buffet that threw you away from them.

I would love to see real flying dragons, but I think that it would be very hard to do with the current system.

The wing buffet was a great idea, but also one the most annoying thing in the whole game.

The wing buffet (mmm... all-you-can-eat wings!) was a little tough to notice because the knocked-back characters hit the invisible wall the prevents them from walking into the swamp.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/10...ins/#more-12708

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=20

Insofar as the RPS article goes, I'll admit I find it a bit distressing to read this sort of stuff. It is what it is, but I don't think it's indicative of the game as a whole-- something even the writer pointed out, considering the game is so large and what we can show at any given time being such a small slice.

I don't know what the presentation itself looked like, but it probably needed to be stressed more that this was a story element shown out of context (whether or not that is a good idea to do being an entirely different discussion). Prior to getting to that point, the player would have had to spend a lot of time developing the romances for both Morrigan and Leliana-- and I'll stress that, myself: Morrigan does not sleep with you just because you gave her a book. The book is a quest item that, in this case, happened to push her approval into the point where she would make a sexual advance in camp.

It should also be pointed out that Leliana isn't reacting to the fact that you slept with Morrigan. She doesn't, in fact, even know that's what you did. She's responding to the fact that your romance with Morrigan has reached a point where she objects. It sounds like the writer of the article expected her to be more angry, and perhaps that's where the comments on the acting comes from, I don't know. It's too bad -- Leliana is, in my opinion, one of the better voices of the game. Perhaps the French accent threw him off? I'm not sure. Chances are he wasn't inclined to be charitable by that point.

Even so, I can't really blame some of the perceptions of these events if this is the order in which they were shown. Personally showing the latter part of a romance plot isn't likely to be of much interest to anyone who hasn't bought into it already and been through all the lead up. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, the romances are pretty complex and it's a mistake to write them off as superficial -- for the people who like romance plots, they'll be in for a treat.

And it seems like we have a task ahead of us showing that this is so. I hope we can. I still believe this is a game worth the time of the RPG fan, very much so.

ROFLASKGJASKGASKGHASKJGHASKGAHS

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Actually, I wouldn't mind any of that if the actual romance scenes (dialogue, music, sequencing, camerawork) were up to snuff, or at least something you don't need to be embarrassed and disgusted over. The hasty lead-up or the book catalyst only look stupid because the main dish they accompany has this strange putrid smell about it.

"It should also be pointed out that Leliana isn't reacting to the fact that you slept with Morrigan. She doesn't, in fact, even know that's what you did. She's responding to the fact that your romance with Morrigan has reached a point where she objects."

I don't get this. Are the women clairvoyant?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It should also be pointed out that Leliana isn't reacting to the fact that you slept with Morrigan. She doesn't, in fact, even know that's what you did. She's responding to the fact that your romance with Morrigan has reached a point where she objects.

The fact they used this as a defense against the RPS article, makes Bioware's writers and designers seem not very bright. Or at least, just Gaider.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It should also be pointed out that Leliana isn't reacting to the fact that you slept with Morrigan. She doesn't, in fact, even know that's what you did. She's responding to the fact that your romance with Morrigan has reached a point where she objects.

The fact they used this as a defense against the RPS article, makes Bioware's writers and designers seem not very bright. Or at least, just Gaider.

RPS article?

RPS article?

The preview thingie where the author slags off Dragon Age.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You don't get it, man. French chick isn't angry because you slept with Book chick, she's angry because your relationship with Book chick has progressed past a certain point where you went and slept with her.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You don't get it, man. French chick isn't angry because you slept with Book chick, she's angry because your relationship with Book chick has progressed past a certain point where you went and slept with her.

Well put.

:)

I am actually looking forward to the game a lot, but your response is just awesome! :o