What are you playing now?

Gorth

Played through Bad Company.

Surdar, the megalomaniac dictator, is hilarious. Yay for gold-plated russian helicopters with disco balls inside. Also, the sniping in this game is pretty cool, and the environements are fun to destroy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Started another game of Civilization. This time as the Romans. Go go Praetorians! I can't tell whether I expanded too quickly this time around or not. It's 745 AD and I've got 16 cities on the starting continent to work with. Only three or so of them are any good at the moment. I missed out on pretty much all of the early wonders, Stonehenge really comes in handy with that free monument in each city, but I was beaten to it by 3 turns. I did manage to snag the Great Lighthouse which is the only thing that kept me from dying a slow painful death with no money. 16 cities uses up a lot of money on maintenance when you don't have any economic buildings available yet. I've got about 14 workers running all over the place connecting up all my resources. I've got a crap load of spices and dyes with about 8 of each and half that in silks. I should start whoring them out for as much gold per turn as I can get.

I've still got space on the peninsula behind me for 3 more cities, one of which is only going to be good for farming the sea since half it's land spaces will be desert, but a lighthouse and harbour should allow it to make a decent amount of money. I need to really ramp up my Praetorian production and exploit my advantage while I still can. Justinian is my immediate neighbour to the right of me and he's one of the smallest nations with only 7 cities. That's 14 archers though. I'm pretty sure that even with my crappy cities I should be able to out produce him and take his tiny civilization over. He's got two barbarian cities to the north of him that are currently blocking his expansion in that direction, he's got an ocean to the east and south and I'm blocking off the west.

We'll have to see just what my Roman citizens can do. I'm currently leading in score with 480 while the next nearest is at 430. I have 14.49% of total world population while the next largest is 12% and I have 5.51% of the total land area to the next largest of 5%.

Just finished the new game on my recently reformatted system for COD4. I think that Valve needs to take a look at what Infinity Ward did to explain story and keep the action moving at the same time. From what I get out of it Infinity Ward took one of Valves major things (keeping the player always in control) and gave it one or two minor touches (where you look through the eyes of different characters but can't do anything) that really make it sparkle. I do agree with the Zero Punctuation that the ending is terrible (I also missed Major Ingram) it just comes out of nowhere and messes up everything you'd gotten used to through the entire game.

I hope they learn from the critics about the ending and change it for Modern Warfare 2 (slated for fall 2009)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just beat Rise of the Argonauts. Lousy PC port, likely better on console, except some of the boss battles are nigh impossible without a trainer. The art design was really good though, and the story wasn't terrible. Lacklustre ending though. Makes me want a big epic greek mythology RPG though. Something thats going to take more than 10-15 hours to beat, and isn't so linear. Worst part of the game was how if you progressed too far you couldn't finish some things. If there had been a story reason for not being able to go back and finish them, then it would have been fine, but you just plain couldn't. Definitely worth a rental though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Surdar, the megalomaniac dictator, is hilarious. Yay for gold-plated russian helicopters with disco balls inside. Also, the sniping in this game is pretty cool, and the environements are fun to destroy.

Its an awesome game, and completely nuts that they havent released it for PC yet. If they had, it might have become more than the infignificant dot in FPS history that it is now.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its an awesome game, and completely nuts that they havent released it for PC yet. If they had, it might have become more than the infignificant dot in FPS history that it is now.

Being a Battlefield game, there's no reason it shouldn't have come out for PC.

But its not what I'd call an awesome game. There isn't nearly enough humour in the game (they could have done so much more with Haggard and Surdar and the like), and the game has a terrible respawning system instead of actual deaths and reloading in the singleplayer campaign. And the graphics lack color, making it a pain to watch for more than a few hours.

What it needs is some more destructability, so when the house is on its last legs (literally wooden pegs), it can crumble and kill anyone inside. There is at least one unbreakable wall in every house now.

Short, sweet and enjoyable. Filled with more potential but not pushed enough and feels more like a good tech demo. I look forward to the sequel.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Good Lord! He's immune to bullets and love!"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Its one of the best FPS games of 2008, if not THE best. (GoW2 is TPS so it doesn count)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I heard Bad Company is a singleplayer entry to the BF series. Is it any good?

Lots of fun, and the story isn't too bad. It sounds pretty hilarious from the trailers, but I was pretty disapointed with that part of the game.

A shame it didn't get all that much praise.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I heard Bad Company is a singleplayer entry to the BF series. Is it any good?

Lots of fun, and the story isn't too bad. It sounds pretty hilarious from the trailers, but I was pretty disapointed with that part of the game.

A shame it didn't get all that much praise.

Lol looks like fun. I'm gonna try out the demo first though.

...jus' finished me annual romp through Planescape: Torment...an' she still be as fine as e'er... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Resistance 2. Really friggin' good. Getting drawn into GalCiv again.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Made level 80 with my mage on WoW. Booya! I havent had a lot of time to play with it but Im digging the new spell Mirror Image. It creates three exact clones (for a total of four of you) that last for 30 seconds, each of which are capable of casting spells. So far Ive only used it once, and that was against one target, and they only cast ice spells (hoping they cast other stuff) but its pretty cool.

Got mining to 450 at the same time and Toughness bumps up to rank 6 for a 500hp passive buff.

I like how the're just adding Warcraft 3 abilities to WoW. Or not. Its kinda cheap from Blizzard.

My hunter is level 80. Had to do it because he's my skinning/mining industry. I like the ranged freeze trap, but even the level 75 rogue ability, tricks of the trade, puts that freeze trap thing to shame. Of course, maybe it will mean that more hunters will be able to trap effectively now.

I think I'll take a cue from Sargallath and start a new game of Torment. I feel like being tormented.

Finished Fallout 3 a week and half ago. Entertaining overall, though melee, VATS, and stim use really disappointed me.

I restarted Mass Effect but am having trouble getting into it. I'm languishing in the citadel right now.

Saints Row 2 has the craziest character customization I've seen. The game ultimately feels like a less polished, more fun version of GTA4 that takes itself far less seriously.

Tomorrow I'm getting my NEW RIG components and I can start a proper SoZ campaign mixed with some more L4D campaigning. I also just picked up a Wii Classic Controller for Super Metroid.