Psst...check out alphaprotocol.com

Hey, it has a home now ;)

Not much to say yet. Still too many "Coming Soon" buttons, but at least we can add a link to it in our browser favourites (those who are so inclined).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Hundreds of innocent passengers and crew are killed after a commercial airliner is shot down over Eastern Europe."

I don't like this. I don't like it at all. It sounds exactly like that "USA!! THE LIGHTHOUSE OF DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD!!" propaganda the US government has been spewing out the last couple of years. I really wish you could have come up with a story that did NOT refer to everyone outside the US being potential "terrorists" who kill innocents so the mighty world police gets another opportunity to send out their own Arian super humans to set things straight according to the moral values of religious right wing nuts.

We had this very same discussion a while back where someone was "But it will be like Syriana, it's very anti US!!". Yeah, right. Even if the main bad guy is some American corporate leader, it's still a hypocritical and narrow minded view of the world that's being portrayed. I do not want to go there again so I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, the rednecks in the US will probably love the story, but outside of those borders it rings a very tired and hated bell.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mold Thorton into the secret agent you want to become with lethal close-combat techniques

I suppose "painful and potentially incapacitating close-combat techniques" doesn't have the same ring to it.

While this may come off as sarcastic, congrats on squeezing another month out of SEGA.

Oh yeah, and it's cool that AP has a website too.

Yeah, the rednecks in the US will probably love the story, but outside of those borders it rings a very tired and hated bell.
We rednecks don't care what you foreigners think. Also since Thorton is forced to go rogue, I assume there are factions within the US government which are involved.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"Hundreds of innocent passengers and crew are killed after a commercial airliner is shot down over Eastern Europe."

I don't like this. I don't like it at all. It sounds exactly like that "USA!! THE LIGHTHOUSE OF DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD!!" propaganda the US government has been spewing out the last couple of years. I really wish you could have come up with a story that did NOT refer to everyone outside the US being potential "terrorists" who kill innocents so the mighty world police gets another opportunity to send out their own Arian super humans to set things straight according to the moral values of religious right wing nuts.

You do realize that terrorism does exist, and the United States does, in fact, kill terrorists in other countries?

Heck, it might not even be foreign terrorists that committed the act; after all, Thorton gets falsely thrown out really early on, and the missile is a US one.

Anyway, this really isn't "good information," Mr. Rorie. Almost everything that's on that website has been seen before.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

You do realize that terrorism does exist, and the United States does, in fact, kill terrorists in other countries?

It would be nice to ask the permission of said countries first though. :derail:

20795.jpg

So if we are in the Second Great Depression by March 09 and AP is set in 2009, will Obsidian have to shoehorn that into the plot somehow? It seems like it should at least find it's way into in-game tv footage or some such. Otherwise the setting will be, like, so 2008. :re-derail:

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Hmm, I suppose a passenger airline being shot down is a rather morally unambiguous plot hook, lending itself to a morally unambiguous plot. I give Obsidian full credit for being able to complicate matters though. There's no saying that some "evil mastermind" in the U.S. is responsible, or that we will spend the game searching the caves of Afghanistan for the culprit. As in real life, it could just as easily be negligence or something we did that "seemed like a good idea at the time."

I don't like this. I don't like it at all. It sounds exactly like that "USA!! THE LIGHTHOUSE OF DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD!!"

I know this might sound crazy, but a game about an American intelligence operative operating on foreign soil is probably going to involve a CIA agent and should arguably involve something important to the United States!

I don't like this. I don't like it at all. It sounds exactly like that "USA!! THE LIGHTHOUSE OF DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD!!"

I know this might sound crazy, but a game about an American intelligence operative operating on foreign soil is probably going to involve a CIA agent and should arguably involve something important to the United States!

fascists