Bioware/EA's KotOR Online leaked

Jaesun

As long as LA doesn't abandon a KotOR III, I wont then have to gather an angry horde and yell "rabble rabble" outside their offices.

Well, so far, no one has presented any logical reason why it would make sense for KotoR 3 to not be developed.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

As long as LA doesn't abandon a KotOR III, I wont then have to gather an angry horde and yell "rabble rabble" outside their offices.

Well, so far, no one has presented any logical reason why it would make sense for KotoR 3 to not be developed.

Call it a hunch, but kind of along the same line in that we will NOT see a WOW RTS (Say Warcraft 4) game for probably a LONG time from now. Or hopefully I am wrong. I hope so. I love my KotOR. ;_;

ky1e said: So KotOR is coming back as an MMO

The Ron Man 07: Wait

The Ron Man 07: What?!

The Ron Man 07: Is this another one of those April fools in July things?

ky1e said: Yes, it's true.

ky1e said: Pretty sweet

ky1e said: Make a thread about this conversation

The Ron Man 07: Haha what?

The Ron Man 07: I can't right now

The Ron Man 07: I'm going to try and get Batman Tickets. I think I might be able to get them!

ky1e said: Me either, but the MMO looks like a bad idea. I'd rather them continue the story

That's right people, I might be seeing Batman tonight!

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

awesome :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't want some damned MMO. I want K3.

If they plan on charging for online fees I certainly won't get it. They can stick those fees up their ass. I never pay to play. Bad enough you have to spend $50 on the damn thing in the first place.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Damn, I was hoping Obs would develop K3.

Oh well, I'll see how this goes. I don't generally like MMORPGs because they always seemed more like a job than a game. I guess if they have somekind of strong narrative in the game, I would play it.

NOOOOOOO.

No no no no no no no no. This is all wrong, what the hell are you doing?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Seriously, though, A New Hope pretty much summed up Star Wars so they should never have made Empire

:shifty:

Although they should have actually followed the original storyline developed in Star Wars (ANH for you youngsters) when they made Empire.

http://www.secrethistoryofstarwars.com/

As far as a KotOR MMO

Not a bit interested, I would like to see KotOR 3.

Weird, Jaesun asks me for a source and then supplies one of his own that proves my point.

Turbine has never released official subscription numbers, so who knows how many people they have, but they've made enough money to continue making new games, supporting old ones, and even buying their original property from Microsoft. They've stated LotR Online issecond overall in subscriptions, but I've no clue if Age of Conan has surpassed them.

SOE has also managed to be fairly successful, at least enough to keep building EQ2. They were even confident enough to buy Vanguard, which might be considered a competitor for EQ2, and put that on their Station Pass program.

So you have Blizzard, Turbine, SOE, Funcom, and NCSoft all doing fairly well with their MMO strategy. Sure, SOE has lost the crown and taken some lumps, but they don't look to be folding. So this seems like a fairly reasonable business decision for Bioware and EA.

As for a single player KotOR, I can see where folks are disappointed. I think they should at least make it an even trilogy before entering MMO territory. But hey, I'm stoked, I love MMO's.

If 100,000 is enough users to make money then there is more room in the MMORPG marketplace than I thought. I was expecting profits for these things to require a million or so users consistently over time.

If this were the case, long running 'successful' MMOs like EVE (and pretty much every MMO not named WoW) would have gone out of business years ago.

Heck, the original EQ is still running to this day and it's not pulling anything remotely close to a million subs.

That's so disappointing. :p The KotOR franchise's greatest asset was its storytelling, and now they're making a game in a genre that can't have proper stories. Unless they think they can have proper stories in an MMO?

It's just not possible. Soon enough it will be just a race to get to the OMG EPIC L00TZ.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

That's so disappointing. :( The KotOR franchise's greatest asset was its storytelling, and now they're making a game in a genre that can't have proper stories. Unless they think they can have proper stories in an MMO?

It's just not possible. Soon enough it will be just a race to get to the OMG EPIC L00TZ.

oooohhhhh... violet lightsaber crystals with + 12 agi & int!

SWEET!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Meh, if it's good I will play it.

Don't you have any principles what so ever? Would you by wine by the "Pedophiles for underage sodomy"-group just because it was good? Would you buy a rock album composed by Charles Manson, just because it sounded good? Would you buy tomatoes from Hezbollah because they just were good? Would you buy a painting made by Kim Jong Ill because it looked good?

Would YOU? What would you say to your precious children? Think of the children, won't SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN?!

[/nerdrage]

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yes to all those things!!!

But, but, but...... :x

:lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy