BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE FALLOUT 3 TRAILER

Llyranor

The trailer is actually ok, but nothing mesmezing really.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pretty, but insubstantial. That's why it's a "teaser", I guess...

It looks like FO1/2 atmosphere from the trailer...actually looks like a dead-on copy of the original FO lead-in video. Tells us absolutely zilch about the game, though.
Supposedly, the merit is that it's done entirely with in-game assets.

[quote name='H

I have to admit it looks good, but with the camera angles and real time gameplay it just doesn't look Fallout enough, though it looks far more Fallouty than FOPOS. Of course that doesn't take too much. It might be a good game, but the question remains... Will it be a good Fallout game?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have to admit it looks good, but with the camera angles and real time gameplay it just doesn't look Fallout enough, though it looks far more Fallouty than FOPOS. Of course that doesn't take too much. It might be a good game, but the question remains... Will it be a good Fallout game?
PROTIP: watch the trailer up to the point where the caption "FALLOUT 3" appears on screen, to find out the answer to that question. Edited by random n00b

Just because it has Fallout on the title screen does not make it a good and proper Fallout game. If I call a pile of crap a rose it will still be a pile of crap and smell just as bad.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Just because it has Fallout on the title screen does not make it a good and proper Fallout game. If I call a pile of crap a rose it will still be a pile of crap and smell just as bad.

And just because you think(emphasis lol) it's not a Fallout game it won't suddenly unmake the title. Bethesda has the grip on the license and it's still a freaking Fallout game.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That really depends on what you define as 'Fallout' then.

My definition of Fallout is Fallout 1 and 2. :thumbsup:

Muso, at first I was adamant that Fallout 3 was going to be a bad Fallout game, along the lines of FOPOS, but now seeing some more material of the game I am not so sure. I will remain skeptical of it until I play the game myself.

Thing is then, purely on gameplay, it isn't a fallout game, any more than Halo Wars is a Halo game (for example). But if it manages to actually capture the atmosphere of the original games (which is possible), as well as the roleplaying elements (which is not) then it is a worthy fallout game, so I get what you are saying.

Problem is that even if it's IN NAME ONLY! It's still got that name, and Beth are going to keep on trying to push their innane conversation minigames on it.

Which is a pity since, ultimately, the RP/talking elements were one of the things that made Fallout good (combat? graphics? music? hahahahahah).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Muso, at first I was adamant that Fallout 3 was going to be a bad Fallout game, along the lines of FOPOS, but now seeing some more material of the game I am not so sure. I will remain skeptical of it until I play the game myself.

At first, I was admant that FO3 would be a fun game, along the lines of STALKER, but now, as the game gets closer to release I am less and less convinced that it wil be worth playing at all.

Funnny, ha ha?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Stalker is a FPS, not a CRPG. Fallout 3 is suppose to be a CRPG. I also agree with you Nick, the RP/talking aspects of Fallout were damn good and are more important than anything else when it comes to make a good Fallout game, but I still like the old turn base combat more than the real time elements they are putting.