BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE FALLOUT 3 TRAILER

Llyranor

Let us summarize how well Betheda has captured the "heart" of the Fallout series shall we?

1. You can shoot people with teddy bears.

2. You can play Barbie's Post-Apocalyptic house dress-up.

3. A FPS with Pause (cue up actions).

4. Level scaling. (Though a *bit* different than Oblivions).

5. You can fire a Nuclear missile at people 5 feet away from you and suffer no radiation/damage.

6. Shooting at people with patriotic music in the background is "funny".

7. You can wear hats.

8. You can use targeted shots.... with grenades.

9. People that think they are Vampires.

10. No one can ever leave Vault 101... except for only your Farther and you, of course.

11. Sputnik satellite things that hover above the ground spreading the word of the Enclave.

12. There is Jet in the game. Yes the same drug made only in New Reno by Myron.

13. The Enclave, the new government is ruled by President John Henry Eden (voiced by Malcolm McDowell) and its laws are enforced by the powerful Brotherhood of Steel. WAT?

Yes, Bethesda has done an astounding job.

Let us summarize how well Betheda has captured the "heart" of the Fallout series shall we?

1. You can shoot people with teddy bears.

2. You can play Barbie's Post-Apocalyptic house dress-up.

3. A FPS with Pause (cue up actions).

4. Level scaling. (Though a *bit* different than Oblivions).

5. You can fire a Nuclear missile at people 5 feet away from you and suffer no radiation/damage.

6. Shooting at people with patriotic music in the background is "funny".

7. You can wear hats.

8. You can use targeted shots.... with grenades.

9. People that think they are Vampires.

10. No one can ever leave Vault 101... except for only your Farther and you, of course.

11. Sputnik satellite things that hover above the ground spreading the word of the Enclave.

12. There is Jet in the game. Yes the same drug made only in New Reno by Myron.

13. The Enclave, the new government is ruled by President John Henry Eden (voiced by Malcolm McDowell) and its laws are enforced by the powerful Brotherhood of Steel. WAT?

Yes, Bethesda has done an astounding job.

Nice Summery, not very bias list at all :ermm:

Fighting with the old patriotic music in the background in the destroyed capital of the US is a bit ironic which is kinda funny.

I don't see how wearing hats is a strike against the game.

You can target the body of someone with the grenade not specific parts of them.

People wanting to be vampires is really so much odder then Yakuza fighting Gangsters in New Reno, i believe even Chris Avalone criticized New Reno.

Well drugs can easily spread, the idea that over 30 years people who use drugs could spread across the country is hardly too surprising.

Where does it say that the Brotherhood of Steel serves the Enclave? They are two totally separate groups

You forgot to mention being able to solve quest in multiple ways using your skills and not just violence The fact that the reviewer was able to convince the "Family" to not only stop their attacks on the town but to provide protection means something.

Plus the fact that the player worked hard to not only save the town but to provide future protection then butchered the entire town captures the feeling of Fallout very well.

If someone played an hour of Fallout 1 and gave a preview of it, i am sure that it wouldn't even come close to doing the game justice, i think we need to wait until we know more before condemning the game.

Nice Summery, not very bias list at all :lol:

Nope. Not at all. :ermm:

Where does it say that the Brotherhood of Steel serves the Enclave? They are two totally separate groups

That was an actual quote from GameSpy, but they were incorrect (and removed it from the article, I just checked). That is my bad, sorry.

and talking radscorpions!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yea. Remember all the vampires in Fallout 1 and 2? Oh wait... What's next, talking Raccoons?

Or flowers.

With master-level chess skills.

The scorpion that could pick locks were way cooler.

Edit: Damn you Xard! *shakes fist*

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

As I looted the blasted-apart remains of the raiders in the store, I found a note from my old pal Mr. Burke - it seems he wants me dead for my actions in Megaton
from the gamesradar hands-on preview p. 3 --- http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/fallout-3/pre...51320531089/p-3

Now, there's a consequence I didn't expect. Nice to that your actions do have consequences, also on a large

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Melee VATS doesn

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Apparently the French mirror my feelings on Fallout 3:

If it's too soon to give a final judgement about this game, one has to admit that our first hour with the game at the E3 made us rather think of a somewhat clever Fallout mod for Oblivion than a real sequel of the Black Isle series.

I find it kind of sad that the journalist mentions at the end that the reason why he pans the game is mostly that he can't get over the fact that black isle is dead and gone. :biggrin:

But then again, they are french. [\Euroweenie 'everyone hates the french' type joke]

It is also somewhat sad that I had to read until the 7th post to find someone pointing out that lack of negativity!=dishonesty.

However, among fanatics of the "good era", it seems rather unlikely that Fallout 3 could manage to make them forget what could have been if Black Isle did not fall at the end of 2003."

:biggrin:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Think it's mostly a reaction to the wave of slobbering previews that makes these feel kind of fresh (even if they go to far the other way perhaps). I don't mind if people like this game, I'm sure there are plenty of things to like about it and it obviously hit home with some people. However, I don't believe for 1 second that these people can't find anything to provide criticism on.

While I don't think I'll like the game. The previews in the past (before we saw any gameplay) that did have a level-headed feel, and pointed out some flaws and didn't drool all over VATS or whatever actually served to get me much more excited about the game whereas I would usually just dismiss the all-glowing ones.

But what that french preview seems to point out are feelings that I personally feel will echo mine about the game.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Think it's mostly a reaction to the wave of slobbering previews that makes these feel kind of fresh (even if they go to far the other way perhaps).

I know, the problem is that some NMAers doesn't seem to realise why it seems fresh. :p I swear, some of those people would try to walk on the ceiling if someone didn't tell them which way was up.

That article does point out what could be a huge flaw, namely the slow-mo VATS thingy. It seems to me that Bethesda should have integrated it with the pip-boy and allow people to watch their five most recent VATS in slow-mo if they wanted to. This way they could even have done some net 2.0 share cool VATS with people easily on youtube a la Spore. Currently it could just ruin the game as the article points out that it could possibly be needed and as such grating on the nerves.

"However, among fanatics of the "good era", it seems rather unlikely that Fallout 3 could manage to make them forget what could have been if Black Isle did not fall at the end of 2003."

And there you have it. Something that never was, and of which very little is known, is better than something that *is*. Yeah, I think I'll let this guy do my thinking for me.

Lol gaming "journalism"

"However, among fanatics of the "good era", it seems rather unlikely that Fallout 3 could manage to make them forget what could have been if Black Isle did not fall at the end of 2003."

And there you have it. Something that never was, and of which very little is known, is better than something that *is*. Yeah, I think I'll let this guy do my thinking for me.

I wonder when it became acceptable to them that they are fanatics, something which is actually a negative word. I'm mindboggled.

Not sure what's with the NMA references, as I'm reading right now, over there:

Let's not start with all this "negative = honest" nonsense. But it is nice to see another angle at times.

Which is fair enough.

But that's the thing isn't it? Are those masses of American reviewers dishonest in their uncontrolled enthusiasm for their game, or is the problem that they really are that enthusiastic and positive? When Adam Sessler (that's his name right) makes an orgasmic cry every time Todd shoots someone with Bloody Mess - maybe he's actually excited? Maybe he really could play that for a hundred hours?

I don't really find that a far-fetched suggestion. I think many such journalists really did think Oblivion was a fantastic and sophisticated role-playing experience (albeit with flaws), and don't shudder upon hearing 'Oblivion with Guns'.

If Adam Sessler is the guy from G4, I'd say yeah, he's probably sincere. Those guys are, well, you heard the other guy seriously suggest that PC gaming is not even merely dying but actively dead. Todd probably could've just jingled his keys and gotten some oohs and aahs.

Not sure what's with the NMA references, as I'm reading right now, over there:

Let's not start with all this "negative = honest" nonsense. But it is nice to see another angle at times.

Which is fair enough.

But that's the thing isn't it? Are those masses of American reviewers dishonest in their uncontrolled enthusiasm for their game, or is the problem that they really are that enthusiastic and positive? When Adam Sessler (that's his name right) makes an orgasmic cry every time Todd shoots someone with Bloody Mess - maybe he's actually excited? Maybe he really could play that for a hundred hours?

I don't really find that a far-fetched suggestion. I think many such journalists really did think Oblivion was a fantastic and sophisticated role-playing experience (albeit with flaws), and don't shudder upon hearing 'Oblivion with Guns'.

Ever read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7070201743.html

Bloody Mes should be gory. :sorcerer:

Flaming dancing death is a must.

No groin shots that sucks. :down: Groin shots is a must, with witty remarks.

Not that I support Oblivion with Guns. Since they are making it, make it right.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That Washington Post article is an interesting read. But despite the wild events, reviewers aren't biased, they just have their own opinions. That's just life. Find a reviewer that shares your opinions, if it's so important to you. Reviewers don't really make much money either, the events are one perk in a relatively low paying job.

The consensus is that Fallout 3 will be good. That's not surprising, the consensus was that Oblivion was good and so was Morrowind. So I don't know why anyone is surprised by the positive hype.