Ever fired guns?

Bokishi

gun poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Have u ever fired real guns?

• Yes
    • No

I own...let's just say over 50 firearms.

You somehow remind me of Burt from Tremors =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I own...let's just say over 50 firearms.

You somehow remind me of Burt from Tremors =]

Got to love it when that worm thing bursts in and finds itself face first in a firing range. ;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I grew up around guns. I own a 12 gauge pump action shot gun, but shot quite a few others in my life.

I think one of my favorite guns for playing around is a .22 / 410 over / under. It's a really fun little gun.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

22 pistol and rifle

12 guage full length and sawed off

derringer

44 cap and ball

30-06

4-10

ak-47

38 special

and several other antique guns I can't recall by name ... my brother - in - law collects 'em

but it's been many years since that I've even held a gun of any type

Have u ever fired real guns?

Yeah

have to say which gun too :blink:

Yeah.

12 gauge pump

30-06 rifle I own those.

10 Gauge shotgun, my grand dad's. That thing has some kick and hurts like a son of a bitch. I couldn't move my arm for a while.

7 MM Magnum rifle

22 cal

458 Winchester Magnum

A muzzle loader, don't know what caliber. I fired that once in my early teens and never again after. Its my dad's gun. I was on both of my knees aiming at a target and I fired it. The damned thing knocked me right on the ground. Dad must have really primed it with powder, the smart ass.

44 Magnum Desert Eagle and a revolver.

357 Magnum

38 Special

9 MM

45 Cal

A German sniper rifle from WW2. I don't know what brand or caliber, it was my grandfathers.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

lolwut, seriously.

What the hell kinda forum am I in? I mean, just about the most weapon-involving thing I've ever done(besides shooting once in a range and a couple of times with a sports bow) was beating a guy with a chair. And that's only if office chairs count as lethal implements. I'd have to ask the guy, but he hasn't talked to me since the swelling stopped. Besides that...well, fistfightin? A lot of fistfighting? I know, I try to come up with weapon related stuff, but I guess it's living in a different culture.

Well, I bet going to the army in two years time will change that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

well, fistfightin? A lot of fistfighting? ...living in a different culture.

I thoguht you drunken finns always used knives? :sorcerer:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Most likely, yeah. A friend of mine turned into a real gun-nut and collector. He now stores all his guns in a huge vault at his home with a computer that registers every time the vault-door is opened, along with an automatic camera taking pictures as well. I think that he pretty much owns enough to mobilize a private army.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

well, fistfightin? A lot of fistfighting? ...living in a different culture.

I thoguht you drunken finns always used knives? :sorcerer:

That's for more ceremonial purposes. Weddings, funerals, baptisms and so on :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...but I guess it's living in a different culture.

You do realize that you're living in one of the most weapon dense countries in the world, right?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Most likely, yeah. A friend of mine turned into a real gun-nut and collector. He now stores all his guns in a huge vault at his home with a computer that registers every time the vault-door is opened, along with an automatic camera taking pictures as well. I think that he pretty much owns enough to mobilize a private army.

I know a few people like that as well, although I doubt they have that many guns... Although I have not seen all of their collections. :*

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...but I guess it's living in a different culture.

You do realize that you're living in one of the most weapon dense countries in the world, right?

Yeah, but there's difference between owning/having fired an assault weapon and a hunting rifle.

And that density really doesn't show, I wouldn't actually be aware of it without reading about it from the Internet, since the odd hunting rifle or range pistol is never on show. Guns are not a culture here, even the laws are very strict despite guns being plentiful and gun-related crime on low.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, but there's difference between owning/having fired an assault weapon and a hunting rifle.
Again, when said "hunting rifle" could be used to shoot down aircraft, the difference becomes less and less substantial.

And that density really doesn't show, I wouldn't actually be aware of it without reading about it from the Internet, since the odd hunting rifle or range pistol is never on show. Guns are not a culture here, even the laws are very strict despite guns being plentiful and gun-related crime on low.
Aside from gun fairs in the US, doesn't that comment apply just as well to American gun culture? I wouldn't know since I've not lived there, but from what folks say, it's not as rampant as us Euro Commies (have been led to) believe.

Actually, it is a culture in Finland too. At least in the northern parts of Finland, you have the exact same hunting culture that's common in the northern parts of Sweden. Every hunter has at least one shotgun, one 30-06 (moose hunting rifle) and a low calibre weapon for target practice. Lots of hunters have several shotguns, several high calibre weapons and a few low calibre weapons.

Handguns, on the other hand, are very rare in both Sweden and Finland. They are absolutely worthless for hunting so they have no value to the common hunting population.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ya, well. Sharp wit just don't cut it sometimes.

it's gonna have to for me. i just don't care to use guns and there's no way i can hunt. air rifles are fun, however. a friend of mine just got back from a dove hunting trip in bolivia. he fired his gun over 10000 times just in 4 days.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I forgot to mention the supersoakers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A better question would be have you fired an M1911A1, because until you have you haven't really been shooting.

Until you fired a Desert Eagle 44, you haven't really been shooting. And yes I have fired the old M1911A1 45 Cal.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.