Ever fired guns?

Bokishi

gun poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Have u ever fired real guns?

• Yes
    • No

Does a .22 count? :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Not unless you count water cannons...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmm, I've fired way too many different guns to be able to remember them or count them here..

But in the army I fired:

AK-5 (standard Swedish 5,56mm army rifle)

M-16 (standard American 5,56mm army rifle)

AK-M "Kalashnikov" (standard Russian 7,62x39mm army rifle)

PSG-90 (Swedish 7,62x51mm sniper rifle)

KSP-58 (old Swedish version of a 7,62mm American medium machinegun)

My fathers guns that are noteworthy enough to mention:

A Glock 17 handgun (9mm). Much lighter than I ever imagined it would be.

My "own" (my fathers, but I considered it mine) semi-automatic .22 rifle. I had so much fun with that gun (it was illegal at the time).

A rifle using calibre .50! Just to illustrate what that means, I'm linking this picture:

s_ehv_ammo.jpg

.50 is the same as 12,7mm.. My father got a license for it to hunt moose! The ammunition is ridiculously huge (and expensive).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did some shotgun hunting when I was a teenager. Mostly, I did it as a grandfather-father-son bonding experience. I haven't gone back since I went away to college.

Bird hunting was fun-- you're always out moving around, there are dogs, and shooting the bird as it's flying off is a nice challenge. When you get one, it gets thrown in a satchel and you can clean it when you're done. Plus, pheasants are good eats.

Deer hunting, on the other hand, was not my style. You're out in the woods before dawn, in the fall/winter, trying to stand very still and not make a sound. (I.e., freezing your arse off.) And then, the animal you're trying to shoot is beautiful, graceful, rather large, apt to bleed a lot, and needs to be gutted in the field (which is disgusting) and dragged back to your vehicle. There is a visceral thrill you get that lasts from when you first sight the animal until when you take your shot (heart pounding in your chest and all that), but it's just not worth all that other stuff.

I guess I'll post a few...

---------------------------

12-gauge shotgun

20-gauge shotgun

AR-15

AK-47

M-16

.75 calibre "Brown Bess" musket

Remington 700

K31

M1917 Enfield

M1 Garand

Spencer repeating rifle

Colt Single Action Army

M1911 pistol

---------------------------

And a few more that I'm forgetting... :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have fired a .22, 9mm, and a .45.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I fired the M-16 in the Marines... a lot. A whole heck of a lot. I was the Platoon M-60 gunner in MCT (infantry school that comes after boot camp). I also qualified with the Beretta 9mm, and got time on the M-2 .50, the M249 SAW, fired a dummy rocket from an AT4, and like every Marine who has ever done guard duty, the 12 GA shotgun.

I own a Ruger P90 .45, a Winchester .300, and a 20 GA shotgun. I take the rifle to the range frequently, the .45 not so much. The shotgun is strictly for home defense and it has not been fired in years. But it is ready to go if the need ever arises. I hope it is never fired again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Being the son of an ex-marine recon vietnam vet/Game Warden, there really isn't too many guns I haven't fired, from standard issue military and law enforcement stock to target/range rifles and handguns. My father was certified expert marksman in the corp. and still to this day qualifies Game Warden. I have a beretta 9mm I use when I shoot left handed and .40 that I use righty

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hahaha, most people here seem to have fired many more different guns than me - and I was in a SO outfit receiving training for some time. :shakehead:

Anyhow:

CETME

G36E

MG3

C90

L65 (2-man, short 60 mm mortar)

Most of those fired during the SO course. If I had completed training, I'd have been trained for use (and maintenance) of the USP and MP5SD5 as well.

I've actually fired surprisingly few, considering how many I've been around. My main ones would be SA80 (new and old), a .22 recalibration of a Short Magazine Lee-Enfield, and dinky silenced .22 carbine which was ancient and broke down into parts in a little case like something from a movie. Other than that a bunch of pistols and a shotgun. I dislike automatics intensely, and much prefer revolvers.

The new SA80 is quite a good beast, in my limited experience. Although it is aboslutely shocking how long it took to get all the blindingly obvious problems sorted.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some sort of pump action shotgun with birdshot for ammo. Got a couple of kills, if I recall correctly.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes.

In the army only, but the following:

STG 7.62mm Assault Rifle

valmet_95_762.jpg

I used that one, A LOT. But could handle any type of weather condition and climate. Sand, ice, water and mud, you name it, the damn thing never jammed.

MG3

mg3_pak.jpg

Heavy and difficult to target with, was clearly made for moving down groups of people. Atleast you looked cool when carrying one like Rambo in "Rambo II" :p

M72 LAW

Law_ftbenning_1960_04.jpg

Was fun as hell, but i was only allowed to fire twice with real ammunition :rolleyes:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

mkreku, do you realize that the 12,7mm calibre rifle used for "moose-hunting" qualifies as a anti-aircraft weapon in some countries? :rolleyes:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

mkreku, do you realize that the 12,7mm calibre rifle used for "moose-hunting" qualifies as a anti-aircraft weapon in some countries? :rolleyes:

That should take care of those pesky flying moose...

flyingmooseou2.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, I do! In the Swedish army that calibre is used for material destruction. Meaning, you blow apart engines of moving vehicles, shoot through armoured vehicles, concrete walls, at electric stations, locomotives, you name it.

He doesn't really use it for hunting, it's just the license that says so. Sweden is a land of hunters, we love our guns. We also love to regulate who and what for people should own guns. You're not allowed to own a gun purely for recreation or "home defence"..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Some sort of rifle, I think it was, on a navy practice range. This was when my secondary school was trying to diversify what it offered for PE. We had six two-hour lessons and that was that. I didn't enjoy it much. I switched to ice-skating the following term and fell on my arm - couldn't move it for weeks.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

M72 LAW

Law_ftbenning_1960_04.jpg

Was fun as hell, but i was only allowed to fire twice with real ammunition :)

Sergeant was telling us how he was firing one and it fizzled. He had to sit motionless waiting for the rocket motor to finally ignite. Best part of a half hour. He laughed about how quicky everyone moved gently away from him.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh wow, lets see I have quite a list here.

Semi auto colt .45

Semi auto glock 9mm

.35 calibur revolver

12 gauge shot gun - semi auto and pump

ar-15 assault rifle

various hunting rifles

lot of different .22s

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.