Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jaesun

I don't know why you wouldn't want MotB since it is better than NWN2. If you are going to buy the game, might as well get the expansions for it to complete the experience. Even if that experience is suckage. Of course some people might think that is slightly obsessive.

Hmmmm... Good thing I'm not a Sims player. :blink:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't know why you wouldn't want MotB since it is better than NWN2. If you are going to buy the game, might as well get the expansions for it to complete the experience. Even if that experience is suckage. Of course some people might think that is slightly obsessive.

Hmmmm... Good thing I'm not a Sims player. :blink:

but not if I have to drop and additional fiddy on MoTB that Ill never play.
Great game, not sure why you wouldn't play it, much better than the OC(although I enjoyed it)

I guess I just felt a little burned by NWN2. They can talk all day about zots and the BBEG (Atari) but that game was a POS when it was released and to this day seems riddled with game stopping bugs. You can go to the Bio boards at any time and still see a slew of threads about of scripts that didnt fire, crashes, corrupted saves, etc... Really, I just dont have the time or masochism to fiddle with the game or perform the always famous advise of "reinstall, durhur". I just dont understand how that passes as acceptable. /rant

Maybe Ill see if MoTB is in the cheapy bin by the time this is released. Most of you say it is outstanding so it may be worth another chance.

NWN2 OC was riddled with gamestopping bugs. But the vast majority of them were introduced with the first patch, amazingly enough. People who played through in the first few days did fine. But everyone of us who played through on week two were screwed. I used to help people out with scripting solutions to a lot of the recurring ones during that first patch over on the Bio boards. A number of scripts broke or unexpected behaviors popped up (critical NPCs dying due to friendly fire settings). Those problems should be fine now.

Nowadays, most bugs complained about are relegated to the common problems in dealing with PC games. Caused by various incompatabilities or cracked executeables. I only found one problem with Mask of the Betrayer that wasn't due to those things and it was related to a very specific dialogue choice that called a character I didn't have in my party. Hopefully that one is fixed now, too.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NWN2 OC was riddled with gamestopping bugs. But the vast majority of them were introduced with the first patch, amazingly enough.
Hmm bought the first day it was released, the only problem I had was about 3 weeks ago when it would crash in Port Llast and I lost all my saves and had to start over again. I am am not referring to getting the rules right, which I could care less about.

NWN2 OC was riddled with gamestopping bugs. But the vast majority of them were introduced with the first patch, amazingly enough.
Hmm bought the first day it was released, the only problem I had was about 3 weeks ago when it would crash in Port Llast and I lost all my saves and had to start over again. I am am not referring to getting the rules right, which I could care less about.

The first patch didn't come day one and you may have skipped it. Further, you may have simply not met the conditions that applied to causing the problem to appear. As an example, when trying to get the Lizards as allies, the NPC lizard who would rush in and initiate a dialogue after the fight with Batha would die during the fight (meaning he couldn't initiate dialogue afterwards and thus, the game would not progress, and you'd be stuck in that little area) if you had a difficulty setting where PvP rules came into play. Because Batha might accidentally kill him. Then again, if you're lucky, he might not.

Another of the time occurs only if you took the thieves line earlier in the game and it's to clean up Moire during the same act as getting allies. To get access to her hideout you had to deal with some henchman. For some reason, I can't recall the specifics, the guy who was supposed to activate the script enabling you to access the hideout would not activate as he should. I don't remember if he died too early or if combat somehow prevented him initiating dialogue or what. I don't remember what the specific deal was there.

There were other things like this, I don't remember what they all were. They largely depend on you meeting some conditions and only seemed to occur if you installed the first patch with the Druid stuff that came out several days after launch. And likely were fixed with the patch following it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You would only need to have NWN2 to play any adon, surely.

The OC was miles behind Mask of The Betrayer, which felt a lot more like a complete game. Odd that, but it's worth getting just for Mask. Assuming it's somewhat cheaper now.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I never liked creating more than one character. Playing with multiple own made characters is kinda like playing multiple solitaires at the same time.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I like the name.. but wouldn't it have sounded better with "Storm Over Zehir" instead?

I always wonder how these names are born..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

because they're usually so awful that they just seem like wasted development time. Giving you Bastila as a romance option but, no means to skewer her just reeks of bad design, for instance.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't understand why all the hatred against romances. Nobody is forced to participate in them anyway, so why all the hate?

Because they are tragic. Just knowing that a romance script exists offends my sensibilities.

In other news...

while modders will be able to take advantage of the power and flexibility of the Overland Map and Trading System features along with other world-building enhancements.

Wahey! :o

sonsofgygax.JPG