Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Yeah well, X-Files was definition of great scifi show...then season 6 rolled in :p

But The Final was really great, they finally got their act together after 4 sucky seasons

And we learned the Truth :wacko:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm not sure I could handle the Truth.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

(Though I have to say that sex scene is quite bad)

What annoys me most about this movie is that it propably won't have ANYTHING to do with how they're going to deal with 2012... It is supposed to be just another Monster of the Week type episode made into movie plotwise.

Still, I feel like I should go to see it because A) it is X-Files after all B) if movie doesn't generate enough cash we won't see third movie which actually might and propably would deal with 2012 and C) it might still contain some clues to the Big Plot

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest The Architect

I don't remember anything about the happenings in the X-Files series, except for the all too well known theme music and who the two main characters were. But that's it. I only remember watching a handful of episodes, probably from the later seasons, since I don't ever remember enjoying the series. I'll wait for it on DVD.

Edited by The Architect

(Though I have to say that sex scene is quite bad)

What annoys me most about this movie is that it propably won't have ANYTHING to do with how they're going to deal with 2012... It is supposed to be just another Monster of the Week type episode made into movie plotwise.

True. It's not very much X-Files,

as there are no aliens, no government conspiracies, no supernatural monster, and no supernatural phenoma or people, unless you count one alleged psychic as such.

But frankly, given how this movie has been received, I'm now very skeptical that we'll ever to see the alleged invasion of 2012, which Carter has mentioned plans for doing - http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/chris-carter-wa.html

IGN did an article on the last few seasons of X-Files to remind fans of what happened (or blocked out) in preparation for the new movie.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/893/893502p1.html

Really reminds me of how much the show fell. Pre season six, for me, it was about 8-10 good-excellent episodes to every meh episode, but somewhere around seasons 6-7 the coin flipped and it became 8-10 meh episodes for every good episode. Can't really blame a change in writers or location for the bad episodes either, as many of the original writers were churning out horrendous episodes along with the new writers.

IGN also does a top 10 reasons the show rocked. Good reminder on why I loved the show so much seasons 1-5. :(

http://tv.ign.com/articles/891/891953p1.html

Oh yes, those were great

Into the Wild (2007)

Based on a true story - a top student and athlete, abandons everything and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Directed by Sean Penn who also wrote the screenplay, probably his best work. 148 min

IMDb 8.3

RT 83 %

JK 9/10

This movie had its problems, but I think its message is pretty important to consider. I liked it too, probably 7.5 or 8/10.

The Last King of Scotland

Forrester Whittaker earned his oscar, although I found it hard to empathise with his weaselly doctor. But a superb film for any young man to see before setting forth in life. The central lesson is worth knowing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stepbrothers. If you're not offended by the word ****, and fart jokes make you laugh, this show is great. I laughed uncontrollably for the first ten minutes, and had many good belly laughs throughout the rest of the show.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

... If you're not offended by the word ****...

Damnit, now I'll be wondering for the entire week! :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dark Knight

Scroll over for plot keywords:

FREAKING AWESOME

Praise for Heath Ledger and RIP. Finally a modernized rendition of my favorite comic villain, done in absolutely spell-binding and grim style. No one can top this, no one, which is why his death is such a deathblow. I seriously can't imagine the next movie living up to this, unless they go for a very different feel and can continue to reinvent this, which has now turned into a, series. But getting Penguin and Riddler after my two most favorite villains...eh, I guess I have to trust in Depp and Nolan.

Nevertheless, best comic book movie so far. Heartily recommended for everyone and anyone who likes Batman, with a word of warning - don't expect Romero and Nicholson.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dark Knight

Scroll over for plot keywords:

FREAKING AWESOME

Praise for Heath Ledger and RIP. Finally a modernized rendition of my favorite comic villain, done in absolutely spell-binding and grim style. No one can top this, no one, which is why his death is such a deathblow. I seriously can't imagine the next movie living up to this, unless they go for a very different feel and can continue to reinvent this, which has now turned into a, series. But getting Penguin and Riddler after my two most favorite villains...eh, I guess I have to trust in Depp and Nolan.

Nevertheless, best comic book movie so far. Heartily recommended for everyone and anyone who likes Batman, with a word of warning - don't expect Romero and Nicholson.

Yes! Heath was amazing as The Joker. (Better than Nicholson IMO) He was a little less...silly... and a little more creepy/psychotic! The movie was just awesome!

And Heaths lines were brilliant! I laughed so much!

And when he blows up the hospital in the nurse uniform I almost died laughing! I loved it!

Gosh...I gotta go see it again... I think it will end up doing better than Titanic...

it should be pointed out that titanic was released when movies cost about half as much as they do now, and titanic ended up with over $900 M globally.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I almost went to see the new Mummy. But it's getting massacred in reviews.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But getting Penguin and Riddler after my two most favorite villains...eh, I guess I have to trust in Depp and Nolan.

I think that was just a bull**** rumour some sites posted as fact. Nolan's on a break, he's not casting for a sequel yet. There's no guarantee he's even coming back.

I almost went to see the new Mummy. But it's getting massacred in reviews.

09% Rotten Tomatoes :lol:

5.8 IMDb

The other Mummy flicks did not rate so well either, but not this bad.

After what the critics did to Speed Racer, I'm not to inclined to pay any attention to what they say. However, the rotten tomatoes community rankings are pretty accurate usually and they're giving the mummy 40%... that's pretty dismal. In comparison, the community rankings gave SR 75% as compared to the critics 35%.

Still, I loved the first mummy movie, but mostly because Arnold Vosloo is hot... he's not in this one, though. o:)

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.