I can type without looking at the keyboard

Gorgon

No really, I was talking about this with a guy from work the other day, how years of overexposure had led to reflex memory, and blind writing as it were, now, this is not the secret of the pyramids, not profound in any manner, but I just discovered I could do the same. Without thinking I had just stopped looking at the keyboard. Creepy.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah if you take a middle school typing class you can do the same like me or anyone else.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah, so thatis pretty funny to some of us because most of us young enough in the states had to take typing classes in middle school. Of course, I didn't really do anything in that class, so I have to look at the keyboard when I type.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest The Architect

They teach you touch typing and not look at keyboard typing stuff in high school computer classes over here. That was one of the things I did do in class, but playing cricket using paper balls, a bin, chairs and a lackey banded A3 piece of paper took up most of my time. It's not a compulsory subject though. I chose to do it in Year 9 and Year 12. I don't type their way and still have to look at the keyboard when I type, but it was useful in finding out where the keys are.

i learned to touch type here at work

sort of out of necessity really

talking to someone on the phone while frantically trying to type down all the details

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I dont have to look at the keyboard but I still dont type properly, i kind of use my index fingers mostly. despite being raisd with a keyboard since I was but a neonate :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I neither need to look at the screen or the keyboard. In fact, usually, I can recognize when I'm making a typo by how my fingers move and correct accordingly.

This entire post has been typed with my eyes closed. I would like to do something longer, but I lack inspiration.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I neither need to look at the screen or the keyboard. In fact, usually, I can recognize when I'm making a typo by how my fingers move and correct accordingly.

This entire post has been typed with my eyes closed. I would like to do something longer, but I lack inspiration.

I do the same thing. Half of my posts here are written while watching the TV behind me, like this one here for example.

i took typing in high school. 2 semesters, actually. looking at the keyboard actually slows me down, now. of course, i discovered the other day that i can no longer write legibly... it's actually becoming difficult to write since i do so much typing.

my uncle can type 120 wpm or so on a manual typewriter from what i have heard. i've watched him before, and he really flies, though i've apparently never seen him truly in stride. my dad once told me the typewriter would bounce when my uncle was typing at full speed. i can't use a manual at all...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Self-teaching isn't so hard. My only formal typing education comes from a semester of middle school typing that I blatantly ignored so I could play with QBasic.

Once competency sets in, education becomes pointless. 120 wpm is impressive, but it'd be impressive from anyone.

Edit: WAIT A SECOND?! A bloody TYPEWRITER? Jeremy Christmas. Okay, I'm impressed. 120 wpm untaught on a keyboard is one thing, on a typewriter is a whole other ballpark.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I do the same thing. Half of my posts here are written while watching the TV behind me, like this one here for example.

Nw rii.

Crap, that didnt work at all.

I haven't really looked at the keyboard in years.... I certainly ain't touch typing, I have a very gimped style...I cover qweasdzxc with my leff and Usually shift, the rest I do with my right hand... so it jumps around alot.... but heck I taught myself from the age of 4 or 5 so it's no surprise to me that it's an odd inefficient style.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Except for the special signs that are at shift+number, I pretty much type without checking, and using all ten fingers as taught in the first two weeks of my "IT" course at age of thirteen or something. Often, when someone talks to me while I was typing something, I can focus on the person while finishing the sentence without concentrating or looking at the screen. However, I often have to edit my postings, but mostly English is the reason, not typos. That typing becomes automatical while my handwriting had really become unintellegible, even by me, got me thinking. Nowadays, I often take notes by hand, and write letters with my fountain pen (?), so by now it's become a bit easier to decode what I scribble on paper :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I barely look at the keyboard anymore, only a glance from time to time because I wrote something wrong.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't touch type and I found myself not having to look at the keyboard when I type either. Sometimes it means I hit two keys at once though. Its probably not the most efficient method of typing, but what works works I spose.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

When typing I use the three middle fingers of my left hand and the pointer and the middle from my right hand. The strange thing is that I never use my left thumb, even though it's effectively resting on the space bar the whole time I type. Also, I only look at the screen to correct typos, which may happen during the writing (if I notice the typos right after making them), or only after the writing. I'm very fast with the fingers I do use, I just don't use that many fingers in typing.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: