2008 is gonna be a lame year for games.

Bokishi

Starcraft 2.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

On the Wow expansion, I just don't think I can bring myself to grind from 58 to 68 in order to access the new areas. I wish they would build a well-rounded expansion, instead of just catering to the high level characters.

Well, you havent even been to Outland yet so just consider the 2nd expansion as a bonus.

Edited by Gfted1

On the Wow expansion, I just don't think I can bring myself to grind from 58 to 68 in order to access the new areas. I wish they would build a well-rounded expansion, instead of just catering to the high level characters.

Well, you havent even been to Outland yet so just consider the 2nd expansion as a bonus.

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't even care if 2008 is a cruddy year. With all the good games we got in 2007, I'll be busy for the entire year!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

2008 will not be a bad gam year, 2007 was the best ever, but we wil still have Empire:Total War in which Sweden is one of the main playable factions :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hmm.. I think I have quite a lot of games to look forward to in 2008.. But I keep forgetting them whenever I try to make a list! Hmph, I'll try again:

GTAIV

The Precursors

White Gold

Borderlands

Dead Island

Piranha Bytes next RPG (may slip to 2009..)

Fallout 3

..and so on.

Looks good enough for me!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Probably 2009, seeing as they're pretty slow when it comes to episodic content.

I think that, for many people, expectations for Fallout 3 are so low that the finished product will probably exceed them. I expect it to be rather like Oblivion (despite Bethesda's many protestations) - an average game with occasional above-average moments, neither a great pleasure nor a waste of money.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The Q4 of this year war freakin' awesome: MotB, Witcher, and ME. :)

Here's to hoping that next year's FO3 isn't a complete disappointment.

It will be, it will be.

I think that, for many people, expectations for Fallout 3 are so low that the finished product will probably exceed them. I expect it to be rather like Oblivion (despite Bethesda's many protestations) - an average game with occasional above-average moments, neither a great pleasure nor a waste of money.

What could be worse than solid sh1t? Diarrhea I suppose.

Here's to hoping FO3 isn't diarrhea. Xmaschai.gif

manthing2.jpg

I don't think Beth really cares what a few grumpy folks say anyway. We can look at what happened recently with Mass Effect. After Bioware released info on the game, grumpy hardcore RPG folks popped up and started mocking various aspects of the game (the EXTREME, let's go grab some collars attitude, among other things)... Bioware basically ignored them. Result: In three weeks, Mass Effect has sold more copies than FO1 and FO2 combined have in 9+ years.

The console market is much larger than the PC market, and as such Mass Effect's sales and FO1 & 2 sales aren't really comparable.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you take all console formats combined, then perhaps that is true. But so far of the "pc-equivalent" consoles capable of competing with the PC, only about 13 million Xbox 360's and 6 million PS3's have been sold worldwide. The PC market on the other hand is enourmously huge, but with much stiffer competition and supposedly higher piracy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you take all console formats combined, then perhaps that is true. But so far of the "pc-equivalent" consoles capable of competing with the PC, only about 13 million Xbox 360's and 6 million PS3's have been sold worldwide. The PC market on the other hand is enourmously huge, but with much stiffer competition and supposedly higher piracy.

I'm pretty sure if you compare PC game sales and you take out all the little casual games like Solitaire and Bridge, you are looking at a smaller games sold market when compared to all the consoles. But I'm sure we could find some sales numbers to solve the argument.

On the other hand, the game industry has grown tremendously overall since the days of Fallout, so it's tough to compare sales numbers.

The Q4 of this year war freakin' awesome: MotB, Witcher, and ME. :aiee:

Here's to hoping that next year's FO3 isn't a complete disappointment.

It will be, it will be.

What could be worse than solid sh1t? Diarrhea I suppose.

Here's to hoping FO3 is diarrhea. Xmaschai.gif

You said it brother! :blink:

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Sometimes Dark Raven's negativity makes me cry on the inside.

Dont do it! Because then she'll win!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."