What are you playing now?

Gorth

Am I really the only person with an XFire issue in NWN2? Nobody else comments on it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing through the tiresome NWN2 OC just to transfer the same character to MotB is a total waste of time. Better start MotB from scratch and level him/her up!

I started a new OC character when I got MotB, because I never got around to finishing the OC when I first played it. So, I've had MotB installed for several weeks, but haven't played it at all. The character I started (a good-aligned, human female Rogue/Wizard/Eldrich Knight) is currently towards the end of Chapter 2, preparing to go off to the Haven.

I'm starting to worry that I'll be sick of NWN-style gameplay and the various idiocies of the D&D ruleset by the time I get to the new content.

I am playing through a game called Darkness Within. It's some kind of horror point and click adventure.

What's the voice acting like? I've heard people say it's bad to the point of putting them off the game entirely... :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm playing The Shivah. It's a point&click adventure game with a seriously high old-school feeling. It has a nice feature: combining clues(like using something with something) leads you new clues which help you to solve puzzles you face.

sh1hz5.th.jpg

centinexx.png

Near the end of Witcher. Getting closer. Have some nice badarse armor, badarse swords, and am tearing the enemies to shreds. Except that last unique monster who nearly reamed me like I was a hooker and it was jack the ripper, but I found a way.

I am playing through a game called Darkness Within. It's some kind of horror point and click adventure.

What's the voice acting like? I've heard people say it's bad to the point of putting them off the game entirely... :aiee:

It's bad enough for me to pay attention to that fact (and I don't usually mind about voice acting quality at all), though up to the point where I am, the protagonist rarely meets any characters or speaks to them, so, I guess, one can play it without putting them off.

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

I'm playing Jak & Daxter. The graphics are surprisingly bad, even Daxter on the PSP is world's better. The gameplay reminds me significantly of Crash Bandicoot. The setting and characters are absolutely wonderful. Fun and hilarious. And I've only just started.

I'm surprised by how mature the game is. It may be cartoony and silly, but everyone seems to be a bit of a jerk.

Edited by Tale

I'm attempting to play Bioshock with the SM2.0 "fan patch" thing. It works, but everything is a little dark.

What changes does that patch make? Gameplay changes? Or just bug fixes?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm attempting to play Bioshock with the SM2.0 "fan patch" thing. It works, but everything is a little dark.

What changes does that patch make? Gameplay changes? Or just bug fixes?

It forces the game to use Shader Model 2.0 instead of 3.0 so that it will run on older hardware (Back to Radeon 9x00 series). Unfortunately it appears that my computer is just too slow to play the game well. Got into a fight with some splicers near the beginning and because it was chugging so much I couldn't target them properly so I quickly died. Load times >5 minutes (side effect of the SM2.0 patch) are a little meh, but if the actual game ran well enough I could put up with it. This one will have to wait a little longer it seems. :)

It's been ages since I played Diablo 2, I may break out the CD and give it a try.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My character's just finished the OC and is starting MotB now. I find I spend more time with crafting in the OC now that you can carry some equipment through to MotB.

Not weapons, though. :sad:

What equipment does carry over? (I'd ask on the spoiler sub-forum, but I don't want to accidentially read any plot spoilers.)

Well it appears that the PvP action has its hooks in me deep. I can no longer be bothered running instances or helping guildies for my single minded devotion is focused on obtaining the Gladiator's War Staff. (where do you get the two upgrades to it?) So....close....now....

What equipment does carry over? (I'd ask on the spoiler sub-forum, but I don't want to accidentially read any plot spoilers.)

Non-plot spoiler:

Everything you have equipped, including shields, but excluding weapons (and ammo, I guess, though I've never checked this). Most +5 armour and +8 items that you can craft in the OC are better than you'll find until the very end of MotB.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What equipment does carry over?

All equipped non-weapons.

Honestly, if the absolute first event in the entire game constitutes a spoiler, I don't know what to say. Hey guys, it's titled

Mask of the Betrayer

. Did you know

it uses the D&D ruleset

?

Edited by Tale

I might be imagining this, but why was my post deleted? It did contain a spoiler about a side quest location in the Witcher, but c'mon...it's not even in the spoiler thread now. What gives?

Also, thanks to that, I managed to spoil myself by reading the first couple of lines in the initial spoiler thread post when I was looking for the possibly-transported post of mine.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds