What are you playing now?

Darque

Just finished playing Mr. Robot. My next indie title will be Eschalon: Book I. Some screens from the game:

So what did you think of the game? I've yet to be able to convince any of my friends to give it a shot. :dancing:

It's a nice little(well, depending on your playing style) game. Some pros and cons that come to my mind:

+ Good story. It has a better story than most of the multi-million budget craps out there. And this alone makes the game a title that worth buying for me.

+ Nice puzzles.

+ Great support for user modules.

+ Great production values for an indie title.

- It's a breeze. Granted, I played it on the medium difficulty but battles are too easy. I doubt it's different on the hard. Really, there is no point in progressing your character.

- Battle system. It lacks some of the features that Japanese RPG developers have been implementing for years, like auto battle. And in general battles are too shallow.

- It would be better, if the game has less but harder rooms. Except one or two rooms, I didn't even stop and say "Well. What am I gonna do now". I just did what I had to do without even thinking.

- Fixed camera angle.

4 pros and 4 cons. But really, it's easy to ignore some of those faults. Most importantly, it's a fun game to play and it's all that matters.

centinexx.png

I want to play all of these games BIOSHOCK, Crysis, Unreal T 3, and Quake Enemy Territory, but i want to play it with a better graphic card. Ill just wait patiently.

I just beat an adventure game called Runaway, it was terrible. now im playing Syberia. Next semester Ill be to busy to play anything between working fulltime and classes. :dancing:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

How odd. Runaway is one of my favourite adventure games.

Which one? There is a newer one and an older one. I just played the older one, i think its called a A Road Adventure. many of the main characters lines made me cringe. It was a solid adventure, i just didn't fancy the characters lines very much.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

It's a nice little(well, depending on your playing style) game. Some pros and cons that come to my mind:

+ Good story. It has a better story than most of the multi-million budget craps out there. And this alone makes the game a title that worth buying for me.

+ Nice puzzles.

+ Great support for user modules.

+ Great production values for an indie title.

- It's a breeze. Granted, I played it on the medium difficulty but battles are too easy. I doubt it's different on the hard. Really, there is no point in progressing your character.

- Battle system. It lacks some of the features that Japanese RPG developers have been implementing for years, like auto battle. And in general battles are too shallow.

- It would be better, if the game has less but harder rooms. Except one or two rooms, I didn't even stop and say "Well. What am I gonna do now". I just did what I had to do without even thinking.

- Fixed camera angle.

4 pros and 4 cons. But really, it's easy to ignore some of those faults. Most importantly, it's a fun game to play and it's all that matters.

Auto-battle was something that I believe they were talking about implementing at some point. On the fewer but harder rooms, have you tried any of the user modules yet? Some of those are pretty hard! What would you like to see fixed about the camera angle?

Auto-battle was something that I believe they were talking about implementing at some point.
I'm glad to hear that. This could make battles much more bearable.

On the fewer but harder rooms, have you tried any of the user modules yet? Some of those are pretty hard!
My version of Mr.Robot is the Gamersgate version. It was cheaper($15), so buying it instead of the 'original' one is no brainer. So I bought it. But unfortunately, Gamersgate version doesn't support some fetures like leaderboard, user modules and etc. and there wasn't any warning or something on the site. But this taught me a lesson: If you want to buy a game, always buy it from the developer's site.

Gamersgate

What would you like to see fixed about the camera angle?

When I said 'fixed' I meant, well, fixed. Unchangable.

centinexx.png

On the fewer but harder rooms, have you tried any of the user modules yet? Some of those are pretty hard!
My version of Mr.Robot is the Gamersgate version. It was cheaper($15), so buying it instead of the 'original' one is no brainer. So I bought it. But unfortunately, Gamersgate version doesn't support some fetures like leaderboard, user modules and etc. and there wasn't any warning or something on the site. But this taught me a lesson: If you want to buy a game, always buy it from the developer's site.

Gamersgate

:o

What would you like to see fixed about the camera angle?

When I said 'fixed' I meant, well, fixed. Unchangable.

What was so bad about the way it is that you want it locked in place? :)

No, It was on my cons list, so I don't want it to be locked. But, it's already fixed, isn't it? Or am I missing something? I couldn't find a way to change the camera angle during my playthrough. Being able to see the scene from four different angles(NSWE) would be cool if you ask me.

centinexx.png

No, It was on my cons list, so I don't want it to be locked. But, it's already fixed, isn't it? Or am I missing something? I couldn't find a way to change the camera angle during my playthrough. Being able to see the scene from four different angles(NSWE) would be cool if you ask me.

Oh! I understand what you mean now. It is locked to one angle, but it does move a little side to side and up and down in the bigger rooms.

Tragedy in Tragidor

I don't see why this module is popular or even, well... liked. It's horribly balanced and is too easy to get stuck in. At no point does it give you a clue that you will absolutely require cold iron weaponry for you and all your companions until it's too late to go back to get some. And even then, playing through the game at the nwvault description (the game has no in-game module browser description) prescribed level for EASY DIFFICULTY, I find myself getting reamed by enemies to the point I have to use dm_god.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After finishing Tragedy of Tragidor, I have to say I can see why people like it. It's pretty good, maybe better than okay, but those flaws in it grate on me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Grabbed Sim City Societies on release day.

After 3 or 4 hours of "hmm, not sure", by hour 6 I came to the conclusion that it's an entertaining city-building game. Perhaps a tad too easy if you're familiar with such games already - I switched to the harder difficulty, for instance, which made making cash somewhat more challenging. It is true, however, that if you're into micro-managing every detail of city-managment for hours on end, that you'd likely think it's boring/no point - but still, it's fun and somewhat addicting, so good enough for my dollar in my book. There's some subtley to the game in terms of goals and managing the societial-values, that make up the different city-type themes you can fiddle with, that give it more depth than might seem at first glance.

I feel pretty bad for Tilted Mill, actually - all the SimCity nuts screaming at them and EA for daring to try something different w/the franchise, when all they were trying to do is broaden the audience away from a core gaming group. Well ... can't please everyone. I'm having fun, anyway. Wish I could still play 8 hours at a time. Hahaha. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had no idea Lance "I have the best voice in the world" Henriksen, was in it. Yay!

Alan Rickman cried himself to sleep last night because of you. Is that what you wanted, huh?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lance could never beat Alan Rickman in a Monkey Island sword fight.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Everyone wants to play WoW. I haven't had much time to play other games. I have, however, finished all the advanced maps on Portal. Some of them were a pain, but the puzzles aren't all that hard. I never felt compelled to ask around about how to defeat any of them, at least. I've finished episodes one and two. Portal gives me the creeps. The turrets talking in a sweet female voice saying things like, "no hard feelings," and "I don't blame you," make me think the game designers really ARE trying to screw with our heads. Anyhow, having finished Episode 2, I'm all about putting a few slugs into Aperature Science.

I'm almost done with a new game of HL2. I accidently set it on easy, which makes the game almost surreal. It's like playing on God mode. However, if you slip on one of the beams and fall a few hundred yards, you're still going to die. :Cant's wry grin icon:

Other than that, I've done enough battlegrounds for my hunter in WoW to earn some neat stuff, including several blues and an epic.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

NotPron, sixth room

I'm so ****ing daft.

"ascii is an alternative"

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Scouring the Vault for good NWN1 mods I haven't played yet. Unfortunately I think I've pretty much exhausted the ones I would enjoy.

Might replay another mod (just finished replaying Almraiven, brilliant), but I'm not sure which one to choose.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

at the moment, nothing

still waiting for my new gfx card to show up, so no computer for me :yucky:

haven't had too much time for gaming lately anyways

planning on checking out Bioshock and Stalker when i get my bitz though

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!