Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

Knocked Up. Quite awesome. I love Judd Apatow. The minor characters in his movies are always nailed so perfectly. Here it was the Asian doctor, the producer(Firefly's Tudyk), and the producer's assistant. They cracked me up.

Also, I want Freaks And Geeks back.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Recently saw part of the first LOTR.

I must have watched them too much, since I'm almost bored to sleep when watching them. I think I know most of the movie by heart.. even though I've barely seen it 4 times...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

28 Weeks Later - Not nearly as good as the original. I was pretty baffled by the military decisions in the movie. It was basically one odd decision after another. Did they even have an evacuation plan? Why are choppers shooting at cars if the infected can't drive? Why put a huge crowd of unaffected people in a room with flimsy doors and then leave almost no guards at those doors? Why were all the doors so easy to break down? Why leave someone you've tied down with restraints completely alone when obviously they should be closely guarded?

Eh, it was just odd all around.

Planet Terror

I stopped it 1/2 way through, i guess im not a zombie fan.

Fantastic 4: Rise of The Silver Surfer

Big fan of Silver Surfer, had a ton of his comics growing up, including the infinity Gauntlet series and prequels. But i didn't like this movie much. The humor was a turn off most of the time. Alba is Hot but the blonde hair looks odd. The Military guy and his attitude rubbed me the wrong way. I guess the only thing i liked about it were the scenes with the silver surfer, that and the shadow of Galactus.

Can't wait to see Iron Man the movie!!!

Transformers was great! I wish they focused more on just the story and less action, but who cares, it was awesome! :(

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Had a ton of free time this week and spent most of it watching movies.

Braveheart (1995)

Excalibur (1981)

Final Destination 2 (2003)

Lord of War (2005)

National Treasure (2004)

Space Cowboys (2000)

Transformers (2007)

We Are Marshall (2006)

EuroTrip (2004) -

"Scotty doesn't know" :(

Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me

Do it in my van every Sunday.

She tells him she's in church but she doesn't go

Still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know!

Oh Scotty doesn't know!

So Don't Tell Scotty!

Scotty doesn't know!

Scotty doesn't know!

So Don't Tell Scotty!

Fiona says she's out shopping,

But she's under me and I'm not stopping...

Because Scotty doesn't know!

Scotty doesn't know! (X3)

So don't tell Scooty!

Scotty doesn't know!

I can't believe he's so trusting,

While I'm right behind you thrusting.

Fiona's got him on the phone,

And she's trying not to moan.

It's a three-way call and he knows nothing!

Scotty doesn't know!(X3)

So don't tell Scotty!

Scotty doesn't know!(X3)

We'll put on a show!

Everyone will go!

Scotty doesn't know!

Scotty doesn't know!

The parking lot?

Why not? It's so cool when you're on top!

His front yard, in the snow

Not that it's hard, cause Scotty doesn't know!

I did her on his birthday...

Scotty doesn't know!(X4)

Scotty doesn't know!

Scotty won't know!

Scotty doesn't know!

Scotty's gotta know!

Gotta tell Scotty!

Gotta tell him myself!

Scotty doesn't know! (X10)

[Chant] Scotty doesn't know! (x7)

[Chant] Scotty's gotta go!

Eurotrip is awesome. One of my all time favourite comedies. Bought the DVD on recommendations from a friend, never regretted it for a second.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Watched a bunch of movies on my friend's LCD:

Transformers, the Bay one.

This was actually pretty decent. I mean, sure enough Bay can't direct his way out of a closet, but the bots were a hoot to watch and the start with the lone bot blasting the army base to smithereens with what looked like plasma lances was like a wet mecha dream. The teenage romance was ok, but it was also the point where the movie turned from watchable to stupid. Fortunately the last hour of the movie was almost non-stop city fight between steel hulks. Definetly a renter there.

Sunshine, Boyle's new flick

I was expecting some entirely different, more of a Supernova-like story. Instead it ended up having the philosophic vestiges of Solaris, the glorious direction of 28 Days, the cast of all of Boyle's previous movies and the art to die for. It was funny to watch how what began as a Apollo 13-variant turned into a space slasher with mystical undertows. Of humanity's reliance to sun and of cabin fever in space. Not Boyle's best, but a very good movie in any case. I was totally hooked.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Daywatch. I thought Nightwatch was a decent flick. This is more of the same, except with a bigger effects budget. It's not stellar or anything, but a decent rental.

My only real beef was that the Russian chicks all look kinda scraggy.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched the whole Star Wars series. Prequels and originals.

I gotta say, I still don't understand this backlash against the prequels. The only one that's substantionally better in the original trilogy is The Empire Strikes Back. Not only that, but the worst movie in the Star Wars series is STILL Return of the Jedi. Personally, from good to bad, I would rate them: The Empire Strikes Back -> Revenge of the Sith -> A New Hope (would be above Revenge of the Sith if it wasn't so very, very dated) -> The Phantom Menace -> Attack of the Clones -> Return of the Jedi.

Although many people will probably disagree with me most on me putting The Phantom Menace above Attack of the Clones. This is probably because I don't hate Jar Jar. I mean, he's not funny, but I'm not annoyed by him either, unlike many other people. At least he's no Ewoks. Plus, "annoying sidekick" is also, to me, less bad than "completely uncompelling narrative". I don't care how many battle-robots and recognizable elements the climax throws at me to try and make up for the boring stretches and excruciating courting.

Recently saw part of the first LOTR.

I must have watched them too much, since I'm almost bored to sleep when watching them. I think I know most of the movie by heart.. even though I've barely seen it 4 times...

Yeah, I have this too now. It's like these movies get worse with age... The good scenes are less interesting and the bad scenes are more glaring. When they came out I was a HUGE fan, but now... not so much.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Huh, I love Return of the Jedi and it still keeps my attention when I come across it today. The whole Jabba battle is second only to Hoth for me. But I was young when they came out and enjoyed the Ewoks.

But I do agree folks are overly critical about the prequels. The problem seems to lie more in the acting. There just isn't a Harrison Ford in the prequels, and that's a bad thing.

Labyrinth: 8/10

The effects are a bit dated but it's so imaginative and interesting that its flaws are easily bypassed by the fun factor.

Conan The Barbarian: 8/10

This is still an awesome movie. Long, gory, very decent performances even from Ahnold. The making of doc was also very well made. Not a promo vid.

Conan the Destroyer: 4/10

In the Making of Conan the Barbarian the producers and Oliver Stone wanted to make either a trilogy or a series of 12 like James Bond, Arnie coming back every year to do one. Destroyer is so bad it probably killed all dem purdy dreams. ;)

Took down my Serenity DVD from the shelf and gave it another spin. Not quite living up to the potential of the series, but still good entertainment ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Conan The Barbarian: 8/10

This is still an awesome movie. Long, gory, very decent performances even from Ahnold. The making of doc was also very well made. Not a promo vid.

Conan the Destroyer: 4/10

In the Making of Conan the Barbarian the producers and Oliver Stone wanted to make either a trilogy or a series of 12 like James Bond, Arnie coming back every year to do one. Destroyer is so bad it probably killed all dem purdy dreams. :(

I still want either a Phoenix in the Sword miniseries or a Red Nails movie. :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Took down my Serenity DVD from the shelf and gave it another spin. Not quite living up to the potential of the series, but still good entertainment :blink:

So by living up to the series, do you mean it should have just ended suddenly about an hour in?

I kid, I just love both Serenity nd Firefly, and I hope we see something out of that universe again.

Dances with Wolves (1990) - At 236 minutes it is long but hell that's how epics on this scale should be, a beautiful film and one of my all time favorites. Bash away if you wish.

GoldenEye (1995) - The best Bronson Bond film, that's about all the credit I can give it. The only real highlight was the relationship between Bond and Alec Trevelyan, oh and Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova :*

couldn't sleep, so I watched donnie darko. it was the first time i saw it... it left a strange impression of sadness an truth, and i'm a bit worried for my girlfried who is at a vampire larp right now... hope she's fine... it's about four o'clock am and i should get some sleep. g'night...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Bram Stoker's Dracula. I enjoyed this movie when it first came out, despite Keanu Reeves. Now I have the feeling I should have left the rose-coloured nostalgic memories alone... although Gary Oldman saves it.

Also just beginning my new "definitive gold box edition" of Twin Peaks. I don't care for alot of David Lynch's stuff, and don't remember seeing anything since "Lost Highway" (which I wish I could forget. Bill Pullman should never have been allowed to act.), but I loved Twin Peaks, and still do. The box set contains all 29 episodes, and both the US and International versions of the Pilot. The International version was meant to be a stand-alone "movie" and wraps up the mystery of who killed Laura Palmer at the end, by splicing bits of other episodes together. It was kinda lame... but oh well, still nice to have a complete set. Also have the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me movie for when I'm done with the tv show.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

1408. What a piece of trash. John Cu(SAC)k put on a pretty lame performance. Director must have down syndrome because he shot Cusack with such newbage he looked retarded half the time. Premise of the story was bad, and executed even worse. Don't even know why Jackson was in it, played such a minor role and the effects belong in movies a decade ago. Horrible film, horrible.

5/10 no mercy

Live Free or Die Hard. Now this is an action movie I can actually respect. While there is plenty of over the top craziness that sometimes is just a little too much it's freakin Bruce Willis and he's awesome. The concept of the movie wasn't exactly my cup of tea and there were a few things that kind of rubbed me the wrong way but over all the movie kept my interest and I was able to watch it all the way through. Nothing amazing or anything but:

7.9/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

When Harry Met Sally (1989) - Funny movie with a ton of classic lines. Some say it's a chick flick, but Billy Crystal is hilarious.

Jess: Marriages don't break up on account of infidelity. It's just a symptom that something else is wrong.

Harry Burns: Oh really? Well, that "symptom" is ****ing my wife.

Insomnia (2002) - Not bad, I think I like Robin Williams better as a villain.

Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) - Did not think it was possible to make a movie as bad as the first FF, but they succeeded with this piece of ****, what a joke. Could the character be anymore different than there literary counterparts? The few moments that the surfer appears on the screen are the only redeeming moments this movie has. WTF was up with Doom and Galactus?????????????

Invincible (2006) - Based on the story of Vince Papale, a 30-year-old bartender from South Philadelphia who overcame long odds to play for the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles in 1976. Not bad, I liked it.