Your Top 10 party members

All I'm saying is Halflings are trash and should be murdered whenever encountered. They have it coming.

Gnomes are pretty cool. Unless they're Halfling disguised as Gnomes to escape the culling.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Overlord showed the truth about halflings. You deniers must be blind, BLIND!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It seems almost everyone here picks pretty much the same people from the same games. That either says that Black Isle / Obsidian / Bioware makes the best NPCs, or that those are the only games people here have played (RPG-wise).

But, in continuing with tradition, I might as well pick the same ones as everyone else.

8. Xan (Our quest is vaaain)

7. Ajax (from Age of Mythology. Hes sort of part of a party, in the campaign)

6. Black Whirlwind (from Jade Empire, psycho badass with two axes)

5. Xzar (from BG1)

4. Jolee Bindo

3. Zhuge Liang (Destiny of an Emperor (old NES) game. Best strategist in the game.)

2. Dak'kon (I have paid for your life with mine. The debt is settled)

1. HK-47 (Master, you are like a delightful random cruelty generator)

I could easily stick someone in for 9 and 10, but inserting an "Ajantis" or "Khalid" or even a "Canderous" would serve no purpose. As for NWN2, the only NPC I could consistently like was Sand.

Edited by MERLANCE

All I'm saying is Halflings are trash and should be murdered whenever encountered. They have it coming.

Gnomes are pretty cool. Unless they're Halfling disguised as Gnomes to escape the culling.

I think you got your gnomes and halflings mixed up.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Tale definately has his halflings and gnomes mixed up. Gnomes are pure evil. Anyone who's played Arcanum will know this.

Also, why is it always the cool ones that end up turning on you? :sad:

This is proof I don't have them mixed up. Gnomes are pure evil, but that shows a level of intelligence Halflings aren't capable of. They're too stupid to be evil.

Now now, gentleman, let's agree that all the little people suck, halfling and gnome alike.

I guess Sung Chiang would be one of my favorite NPCs if he were only an NPC.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Four pages and no Jan Jansen?

I guess I'm not surprised... what with all this gnomish hatred. Still, it's a colossal snub for one of the best NPCs out there.

When I get some more time, I'll put together a list. But you'd best believe he'd be on it!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Jan Jansen probably would have made my top 15 list. His dialogues with Minsc were great. Almost great enough to make me want to play BG2 again. Almost.

But since it's a top ten list, there's no room for the little people. Except Boo.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Stfu u racists kenders are kewlz

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't see much posting that deal with top ten party members. :shifty:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Jolee Bindo - KOTOR

Edwin - BG/BG2

HK-47 - KOTOR

Atton Rand -TSL

Kreia - TSL

D'akkon - PST

Morte - PST

Minsc and Boo - BG/BG2

Bastila Shan - KOTOR

Steroid Gontarski - JA2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Here's my list. I just realized that I haven't played very many games featuring developer-created NPCs.

Mariah - Ultima IV, V, VI, VII, and IX - my first full-blown magic user party member with a name I've always liked

<monster> - Bard's Tale series - any monster/creature that joined the party to help in the fight. Always enjoyed these guys, even if they didn't last long. Loved it when dragons joined the party and would breathe on the enemy.

Imoen - BG/2 - excellent thief, pretty funny gal, and a loyal friend

Aerie - BG2 - more spells than I could shake a stick at, and I really enjoyed her personality after the counseling was over. (Her initial whining didn't bother me that much. I tried to put myself in her shoes and that helped a lot.)

Minsc - BG/2 - not much to say; he's hilarious, especially when interacting with Boo and other characters

Lilarcor - BG2 - his timing can be perfect sometimes; great source of laughs for the brief time that I use him

Mazzy - BG2 - her in-game avatar doesn't do her justice; I really like her personality and the way she carries herself

Nathyrra - NWN:HotU - more realistic romance that ends with the admission "I love you" rather than a night in the sack. She's drow, and she's my all-time favorite henchman. (I solo NWN, SoU, and HotU until she arrives.)

Elanee - NWN2 - beautiful, good-aligned, level-headed, and somewhat firey, she's like an improved Jaheira. My only complaint is the sudden admission of feelings and subsequent romp in the sack at the conclusion of the friendship dialogs.

Khelgar - NWN2 - somewhat thick at times, but generally good for laughs and a decent warrior, regardless of which training path he takes.

Edited by Wistrik

Imoen - BG2

Deekin - NWN

Minsc - BG2

Lilarcor and Enserric - BG2/NWN

Nathyrra - NWN

Neeshka - NWN2

Viconia - BG2

Atton Rand - KotOR2

Dogmeat - Fallout

Jolee Bindo - KotOR

Broadening the criteria:

Floyd the Robot - Ah, the death of Floyd. He came back in the end, though. [Planetfall]

Dupre - First person with his name I'd met until that time. [ultima IV]

Glottis - I thought of him as a sort of loyal talking dog. [Grim Fandango]

Young Boy - The kid was more help than any of the other dead losers. [Dark Fall]

The Nemesis - I never trusted those dead folks [Zork Nemesis]

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

10? maybe not quite 10... and these is in no particular order.

jolee

kreia

keldorn- gets a place 'cause he is pretty much indispensables to Gromnir when making a bg2 party

edwin- bg2... not bg1, 'cause all bg1 joinables were no more than a character record sheet and a catchphrase or two

morte

nordom- some funny lines and nice range o' upgrade options via dialogue

korax- the only bg1 joinable we liked

boarderliners:

dak'kon- would be better if written a little less maudlin... young writer syndrome: trys too hard to be deep/profound

annah- shenna easton doing vo. pretty transparent and shallow as far as reasons go for putting her on a "top 10" list, but so what. is our list and if we likes annah more 'cause of lucky charms vo, then so be it... and to hell with you all for questioning our motives.

imoen

jan

is some others that maybe get consideration, but those is the ones that jump to mind.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No one's mentioned Anachronox' Democratus yet? :lol:

Never played it, but have the machinima. He's an awesome concept.

I guess I'm not surprised... what with all this gnomish hatred. Still, it's a colossal snub for one of the best NPCs out there.

When I get some more time, I'll put together a list. But you'd best believe he'd be on it!

Even though I hate gnomes with an undying vengeance, Jan Jansen's probably their saving grace. I kinda felt sorry for the guy given his story. What's up with BG2 d00ds not being able to keep their woman?

manthing2.jpg

Even though I hate gnomes with an undying vengeance, Jan Jansen's probably their saving grace. I kinda felt sorry for the guy given his story. What's up with BG2 d00ds not being able to keep their woman?

Art imitates reality?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

1. Jolee (KOTOR1) - He reminded me of my grandfather. A somewhat bitter old man, with little patience - but some funny stories and a good heart.

2. Khelgar (NWN2) - Monk? A dwaren monk? - The first dwarf I've ever kept in my company for more than 2 minutes - funny, spiteful and good in a fight.

3. Edwin (BG2) - The Nether Scroll "incident" was one of the funniest times I've ever had playing. Especially if you pay a visit to the Copper Coronet.

4. Kreia (KOTOR2) - She could've been my favorite character if the game had had all the cut content I think - She made me view SW in a very different way.

5. Imoen (BG1-2) - A very deep character who fleshed out the BG universe and your own PC, it wouldn't have been the same game without her.

6. HK-47 (KOTOR1-2) - If I could only have kept that Pacifier Module in him! His definition of love still cracks me up though.

7. Bastilla Shan (KOTOR1) - Mostly because she was so well voice acted, but she gave the game alot of it's feel.

8. Saverok (BG2 TOB) - It was very interesting to get to join forces with your former nemesis.

9. Minsc and Boo (BG1-2) - I've never used him much, but I still remember fondly how much I laughed at his strange comments in both games - not to mention his companion and everyones favorite miniature giant space hamster.

10. I really didn't know who to place here - since there are alot of characters I liked enough for them to get this ranking, but none of them really stood out. Honourable mentions would be Ammon Jerro and Sand (NWN2) Jaheira and Yoshimo (BG2) and Canderous (KOTOR)

Fortune favors the bald.

Your most hated party Members:

999. Boo

1000. Minsc

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds