What are you playing now?

Darque

Nethack 3.4.3

I had almost forgotten how fun this game is :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

C&C Tiberian Sun. Excellent game.

I saw Gothic 3 for $29.99, I wonder if its worth buying at that price or wait until its in the bargain bin.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Still playing World of Warcraft, on several PvP servers.

99% of em are rogues. Specializing in low lvl super-twinks for Contested zone PvP ( lvl 8, lvl 12, lvl 22-23 mostly).

I have a QUESTION tho, about NWN2:

I bought the game many months ago, but couldn't play it due to it not working. Also I didn't have room for the 10 gb patch. My questions are 1) Do the NWN2 games on the store shelves right now need that patch too, or are they shipped already upgraded? 2) If NwN2 still shipped with original "defect", is there a way I can download the patch in a series of smaller pieces?

Edited by Ross_Witchen

The patches don't add 10GB to the game installation, at worst they uncompress temporarily into a larger area on the harddrive.

I have the latest patch installed, and my NwN2 folder takes up 5.46 GB (5,871,087,994 bytes) on disk.

I'm not sure why you are having such trouble with the download, unless you have less than a workable amount of space on your main harddrive (notionally C:\), i.e. less than a couple of GB, which will impede Windows from working properly.

The game will be shipped as version 1.0, and the online update process will patch the game to the latest version.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My Civ 4 Pitboss game is intense, I just lost 6 knights trying to take Mecca away from Saladin. I'm sending in a troop of riflemen to hopefully finish it off.

I'm also playing through the playoffs in NHL 07. My Sharks have a 32 series lead against the Blackhawks. I have no clue how they made the playoffs, but the Blues are in as well.

I also went through my first real major dungeon in Vanguard. It was pretty hectic. I didn't die, but I crashed badly once and had a few slideshow moments. Still, it was pretty awesome watching 2 other groups battle and trying to avoid the trouble they got themselves into. Speas well for the no instance world.

Blood Money is truly classic. One of the best games I've played in a long time. I loved it. The ending was a bit hard, and there was one mission on a riverboat on which I never managed to get the highest rating at highest difficulty.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Blood Money is a decent game I agree.

Damned with faint praise. I guess the sun is warm.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Blood Money is truly classic. One of the best games I've played in a long time. I loved it. The ending was a bit hard, and there was one mission on a riverboat on which I never managed to get the highest rating at highest difficulty.

I never got through that one with a good rating, either. There was always a point at which I had to go Rambo. If I could just find a way through that dining room without alerting the guards...

Which would you recommend? Hitman or Max Pane?

Depends, really. Max Payne is a straight-up noir satire / action game. It's funny and entertaining. But it might not hold up as well as it did when I first got it. It was the first game I ever played that had bullet time, and the novelty of it was enough to get me through most of the game without being bored by the kinda samey combat throughout. The style and story of the game, however, are generally superb.

As for Hitman, it's a lot more varied in its approach. You can run through and shoot everything, or you can isolate and assassinate your targets quietly, or you can find the "trick" methods of murder: falling chandeliers, rigged pyrotechnics, poisoned drinks, whatever. The story, or at least the stories of the missions that relate to each other, are mildly interesting. but nothing to get excited over.

So I'd recommend them both. It just depends on what kind of experience you're looking for in your game.

With all of this talk about the Fallout games, I decided to start up a game of Fallout 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Stopped playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for a while, because I kept restarting the game to see if I could do this or that differently.

So now, I'm playing Civ IV.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm at an impasse. I'm very tempted to play LotR Online. It's a very solid game with great production values and minimal bugs. It runs well on my PC, and the quests are very engaging. But the game world is very small and it's missing stuff like housing and horses. On the other hand, I have a subscription to Vanguard. The game is epic, with houses, ships, flying mounts, and a huge world to explore. I've got a character up to level 19 and I'm pretty proud of that. But the game is buggy as hell, outright broken in a few parts, barely runs on my PC, and has way less engaging quests. So I just can't figure out which one to devote my time to.