Pictures of your games...

Darque

I tried the Vanguard beta for a day. It was sooo boring I couldn't believe my eyes. It had none of the charm that made World of Warcract so attractive, even for someone like me who isn't really interested in MMORPG's.

Obviously you never played a Psionicist. Being able to run around shouting "I'LL DESTROY YOUR PITIFUL MIND!" is all the charm you really need.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Been playing Oblivion with hi-res texture mods. I suggest everyone get texture mods :)

My computer would throw up, die, then throw up again.

Those screenies look fab though. What do you use to power your computer? A nuclear reactor?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Oblivion was the first game I've played where I could see a clear distinction between ATI and Nvidia GPU's. Oh, and those high-res texture packs were around at the time I played through the game, so.. been there, done that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think the term would be "crispness". I got Oblivion when I had a Radeon 9800 Pro and it worked great, but I couldn't turn on all the effects as I wanted to. So in the middle of the game I bought a Geforce 7800 and continued the game. So for 50 hours I played with a ATI Radeon and for 50 hours I played with a Geforce. The difference was that the image was somehow crisper on the Radeon, while it looked smoother, more muddled on the Geforce. No matter what I did with the settings, I just couldn't get back the same type of image I had with the Radeon. Unless my monitor somehow crapped up in between the two GPU's, I blame the difference on the two brands.

I'm not saying ATI has a better image quality (although force of habit makes me prefer it) and I could probably not pick out the ATI from a bunch of different screen shots, but it really felt like I was playing the game with a really dusty monitor for the first few hours after the vide card change. It was weird.

I think the term would be "crispness". I got Oblivion when I had a Radeon 9800 Pro and it worked great, but I couldn't turn on all the effects as I wanted to. So in the middle of the game I bought a Geforce 7800 and continued the game. So for 50 hours I played with a ATI Radeon and for 50 hours I played with a Geforce. The difference was that the image was somehow crisper on the Radeon, while it looked smoother, more muddled on the Geforce. No matter what I did with the settings, I just couldn't get back the same type of image I had with the Radeon. Unless my monitor somehow crapped up in between the two GPU's, I blame the difference on the two brands.

I'm not saying ATI has a better image quality (although force of habit makes me prefer it) and I could probably not pick out the ATI from a bunch of different screen shots, but it really felt like I was playing the game with a really dusty monitor for the first few hours after the vide card change. It was weird.

I definitely have to agree with this, when I first bought the game, I had a 9800 XT which played the game quite well, but then after playing through a few times, I needed to upgrade my card because it was starting to die out after 3 years of service, so I upgraded to Nvidia's 7600 GT, and the crispness of the game went away. Not that it looked terrible, but the edges suddenly became a little more rounder, if that sound right. But even the textures of the game weren't as clear. Again, it wasn't anything terrible, just dramatically different where you could tell between the two video cards.

I like ATI. Not a huge fan of Nvidia.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Been playing Oblivion with hi-res texture mods. I suggest everyone get texture mods :-

post-1750-1168909148_thumb.jpg

Just the 36fps in that one, then, Bok?

Time for 8800 SLi ... (or are you waiting for the 8850GX2 two-(laptop)-GPUs-on-a-single-PCI-e-daughter-card-upgrade-of-the=7950GX2, which is rumoured about to be released?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just a small tip for anyone playing Silent Storm: WHen you find a grenade called RPG-41, pick it up! It ROCKS! Check out my example:

th_SilentStormSS11.jpg

I found this locked door and booby trapped it to blow it up, using the RPG-41.

th_SilentStormSS12.jpg

This is the result! The damn thing took down half the building!

Am still having a blast. Found a weapon I'd never seen before last night: Seadevil (I think it was called), a very powerful sniper rifle with great range. It was just a random battleground, but the gun was placed on the mantlepiece in one of the houses in the map. There was a huge (and difficult) battle preceding it, so I had a feeling the random encounter was a bit special..

Been playing Oblivion with hi-res texture mods. I suggest everyone get texture mods :p

post-1750-1168909148_thumb.jpg

Just the 36fps in that one, then, Bok?

Time for 8800 SLi ... (or are you waiting for the 8850GX2 two-(laptop)-GPUs-on-a-single-PCI-e-daughter-card-upgrade-of-the=7950GX2, which is rumoured about to be released?)

Yes, time for SLi indeed.

I am waiting for the next gen ATI card.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

One of the harder encounters in a mod I made a few years ago.

post-1458-1169076061_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My pig familiar and overlooking a lizardling corpse.

post-17979-1169134864_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1169134888_thumb.jpg