NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

Come on, they sound almost exactly the same. The exact same whiny delivery. The exact same smart alec responses. Face it Imoen :"> and Neeshka are one and the same.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Come on, they sound almost exactly the same. The exact same whiny delivery. The exact same smart alec responses. Face it Imoen and Neeshka are one and the same."

Nope. Not even close. I never found Imoen annoying or whiny. I never found Neeshak 'smart alecky' either. Imoen was cute. Neeshka was just a bunch of bad names I'm not allowed to post on these boards.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hmm... found a strange party AI bug. Annoying until I found out that it was reproducable and therefore could be worked around.

Is there an official bug submission form anywhere? Screaming, yelling and ranting at forums doesn't count :)

My partymembers would leave their brains back in the Inn when you change party members in the wilderness, during some of the scripted encounters/party members. If you remove a member and add a new one, they will insist on acting as if in puppet mode. No toggling of puppet mode will change that until you go back to the city :p

Happened for me in both scripted out of town encounters that I've run across so far. Anybody else noticed that, or are my party members just homesick for cheap beer and bad tavern music? :p"

Edit: The workaround is not to change your party composition.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Come on, they sound almost exactly the same.  The exact same whiny delivery.  The exact same smart alec responses.  Face it Imoen  :">  and Neeshka are one and the same.

Imoen was never whiney though.

Had a barbed wit, that's for sure, but not whiney. :lol:

Yes that is right. Plus Imoen had humor where Neeshka doesn't appear to have.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just made it to the children by the ruins and am loving the game. Couple of things have made me go "Hmmmm" though. With growing dread Ive realized that Im (the human player) the weak link in the combat. Everyone is way more efficient in combat if Im not controlling them. If I could, I would rename my guy (warlock) to "Street Sweeper" because he just kicks ridiculous amounts of butt. He rips off Eldrith Spears / Chains like a machine gun. I dont even have to do anything except control the rogue, open the door, and let the dwarf and warlock lay waste.

A more menacing issue though is the fact I just got an in game message that my warlock is about to not be able to be a warlock anymore if my alignment shifts any more toward lawful. WTF!? Im getting lawful shifts left and right for the more mundane things. "What, you saved the kids outside the ruins?" - lawful shift. "You talk to people like a normal shmoe?" - lawful shift. Ive tried being Chaotic by always pimping for extra loot from people and for christ sake, I even jacked the refugee's for a reward. What kind of bastage jacks homless refugee's for loot? Ill tell you who, a person that doesnt get a Chaotic shift for it.

So, I beseech you big brain modders for help. I just dont have it in me to start over right now and try to be more Chaotic. Can someone please help me, and by "help me" I mean "hold my hand", through the process of opening whatever file I need to open to edit my Warlocks alignment back down a few notches?

Played a little more this past weekend. A few more impressions:

The camera didn't bother me until I went to clear out the back alley in the docks. When there are obstructions that tall and close together, they really need to 'go transparent' like the trees do.

Some sort of indication of spell range would be nice. I'd really like to know whether my spellcaster will be able to hit the target from where he's standing, or if he's going to have to charge ahead to do so.

Nitpick: It would be nice if NPCs in conversation looked down at my Halfling PC when they were talking to him (and vice versa). I had a chat with the druid where my character was staring at her crotch, and she just was staring off into space. The overall impression was odd, to say the least.

Got finally into Neverwinter. I love this game. :lol:

Can't understand whining about camera, it is okay for me. Not best ever but clearly above average. Also I'm getting used to new combat animations. I still want more of them, but I don't find fighting ugly anymore. It's pretty fun actually :) New musics are nice, my only whining about voices is that there is too much NWN1's music. Oh, and Neeshka is terrible (although her dialogue when my party arrived to Neverwinter was funny :devil: ). Or to be more accurate damn annoying.

another noob question: How can I take characters off my party. I want to leave my party members into that inn and explore around only with my PC :)

edit: Never mind, figured it out. I feel stupid right now :">

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Come on, they sound almost exactly the same.  The exact same whiny delivery.  The exact same smart alec responses.  Face it Imoen  :">  and Neeshka are one and the same.

Imoen was never whiney though.

Had a barbed wit, that's for sure, but not whiney. :(

Yes that is right. Plus Imoen had humor where Neeshka doesn't appear to have.

Neeshka has sarcasm, which is almost as good as humor, but not quite.

Imoen > Neeshka, but Neeshka still rocks. :D

Nitpick:  It would be nice if NPCs in conversation looked down at my Halfling PC when they were talking to him (and vice versa).  I had a chat with the druid where my character was staring at her crotch, and she just was staring off into space.  The overall impression was odd, to say the least.

In NWN characters actually looked up/down at our main character, dunno why that was disabled/removed for NWN2. :(

Elanee > all other female party NPCs :p

Gifted, I get chaotic all the time. I managed to stay CG for the entire game last time, now I'm CN and I mi ght even become CE. :(

I seem to remember that chaotic actions are nearly always sarcastic, wry, crazy ones. They are also rude or dismissive without being the outright "I KILL YOU" ones. I think if you intend to talk like a "normal shmoe", as in how normal people talk in real life, you're always going to be lawful (mainly because most of us *are* "lawful").

That said, I think I"ll stay CN because apparently if you can't bring yourself to kill babies and eat dead children, you're going to get Goodie points.

And I've finished NWN2. The King Of Shadows was pitifully easy, mostly because the guy almost couldn't touch Khelgar.

Also, who the hell picked the guy who narrated ending? It was bloody awful.

Anyway, I loved the game, and it's easily the best PC RPG to have come out since the Infinity engine era. Still, it's nothing too brilliant, and I'm sure Obsidian can do much better. I'm already waiting for Obsidian's next game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Let's not do another Jorian Derail, shall we? Check your PM box.

Now, has anyone noticed that in some cases you will havea a [Diplomacy] checkbox or whatnot, but you would always fail? It seems that way because the [success] / [Failure] boxes are not visible in the answer to these ones. For example, if you are with Moire and you try to bribe the guards in front of

Fihelis' house

, then you fail, but there is no [success]/[Failure] box. I think this means that you will always fail because those guards are much too honourable, but can't be sure unitl i can use the toolset to check.

If this is true, then I think it's great - sometimes you can't persuade people like that no matter your skill, and it 'baits' the users because after a while we get used to thinking "anything with a skill check in front = good".

Gifted, I get chaotic all the time. I managed to stay CG for the entire game last time, now I'm CN and I mi ght even become CE. :sorcerer:

I seem to remember that chaotic actions are nearly always sarcastic, wry, crazy ones. They are also rude or dismissive without being the outright "I KILL YOU" ones. I think if you intend to talk like a "normal shmoe", as in how normal people talk in real life, you're always going to be lawful (mainly because most of us *are* "lawful").

That said, I think I"ll stay CN because apparently if you can't bring yourself to kill babies and eat dead children, you're going to get Goodie points.

Yeah, I figured it out last night.

Quick question for all you D&D brains, why is a Warlocks powers dependant on him staying Chaotic? His powers arent spells nor divine grants, they are abilities born into the person. AFAIK, Sorcerers share this trait too and arent restricted to an alignment so why Warlocks?

Quick question for all you D&D brains, why is a Warlocks powers dependant on him staying Chaotic? His powers arent spells nor divine grants, they are abilities born into the person. AFAIK, Sorcerers share this trait too and arent restricted to an alignment so why Warlocks?

Balance reasons. That's pretty much it. Warlock abilities are too powerful to not have some restrictions, and alignment is one of the major balancing factors of 3.x (Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, and Paladin all have restrictions).

After playing quite a bit more of this, I have to say this time Sawyer better not downplay his achievement. I swear to goodness, if he ridicules his efforts on this one, I'm going to hunt him down and punch in the snot box. ...And he's younger and stonger than me, so that's no small doing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Gifted, I get chaotic all the time. I managed to stay CG for the entire game last time, now I'm CN and I mi ght even become CE. :thumbsup:

Warlock power I believe is derived from pacts with demons and such. Hence the requirement to be evil or chaotic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Gifted, I get chaotic all the time. I managed to stay CG for the entire game last time, now I'm CN and I mi ght even become CE. :thumbsup:

Warlocks drain their power from Limbo (I hope you understand what I mean)

IB1OsQq.png

I just hate some of the options that give you evil points. Its stupid. Like

"I want you to go down into this horrible undead filled crypt to see if someone is there"

"Uh, ok... do I get paid for this?"

"WHAT!? You horrible evil bastard!"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg