NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

You've got to look at it from their perspective. The perspective of fey humanoids with big, feathery wings.

It's ****in' D&D, what do you want.

It's AVARIEL, and they are elven, not fey. (feys are not related to elves in FR)

Pssst that was directed at people who consider such **** a flaw in the FR universe.

Banshee are elven ghosts. Snow elves I'm not aware of, but there are elves (and dwarves) for just about every clime, excepting perhaps deserts, so I don't see why not.

It's AVARIEL, and they are elven, not fey. (feys are not related to elves in FR)

I'm sorry, I didn't know the correct elven for whiny beach.

:)

"excepting perhaps deserts"

Deset dwarves exist in the Realms. They are in Maztica. The fake idela that dwarves only live in mountains, hills, or caves has long been broken by D&D.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nooo, we've gone from the game to FR canon! haha

Seriously, though, the devs managed to include a ton of race, class, and gender related material. Some more than others.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah, but it's ****.

Seriously, though, the devs managed to include a ton of race, class, and gender related material. Some more than others.

Felt pretty light to me :'( You had plenty of choice, but the RP aspects of those choices were only slightly better implemented than in, say, Oblivion (with the exception of gender & romance, in which case NWN2 is waaaay ahead, but still paltry by CRPG standards). I've played through the NW portion of my second game, and I've yet to see my aasimar heritage or my ladies' man trait come up. You'd think Neeshka would get spooked or something :)

Edited by Pop

Deset dwarves exist in the Realms. They are in Maztica. The fake idela that dwarves only live in mountains, hills, or caves has long been broken by D&D.

Nah can't be. Everyone know that dwarves are noly found in mountains and lurking below the surface.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Then explain Jungle Dwarves, Sundered dwarves, and Cold dwarves (and whatever their long gibberish name is). I'ms ure there ar eothers; but can't remember them all.

R00fles! :ermm:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nah can't be. Everyone know that dwarves are noly found in mountains and lurking below the surface.

Are you talking about Derro, Gold Dwarves, and Duergar?

if not then you're wrong.

IB1OsQq.png

Nooo, we've gone from the game to FR canon!  haha

Seriously, though, the devs managed to include a ton of race, class, and gender related material.  Some more than others.

That was one of the things I really liked about IWD2, and when I saw them back in NWN2, I was delighted.

Though it conflicts my module a little bit, because I was just expecting standard NWN class selections.

Though my world isn't a FR (nor even a D&D world), so I may put some restrictions on classes and races. Especially seeing as I'm planning on adding flavour based upon your classes and races. I certainly didn't account for Assimars or Tieflings.

The more options they put into a game, the less content they can include for each. I mean, fifty million different classes? I think the core classes and races could have been the basis for meaningful interaction.

EDIT: Of course, Alan is right. Those options are grounds for meaningful interactions in custom content.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The more options they put into a game, the less content they can include for each.  I mean, fifty million different classes?  I think the core classes and races could have been the basis for meaningful interaction.

EDIT:  Of course, Alan is right.  Those options are grounds for meaningful interactions in custom content.

It can work, most of the hungarian RPG-s have 5-10 classes only for some races (seperatedly 5-10), and have a handfull (5-:ermm: classess what all races can have.

IB1OsQq.png

How much content did they put in exclusively for the prestige classes, anyway? I didn't get any for my warpriest. Besides the Warlock, the core classes are preserved.

I would have been happy had they just altered content for the races, only a few of whom (particularly the underdark varieties) warrant much special content. Moon elves and Gold Elves don't require a hell of a lot of distinction, but drow do, because they're so wildly different than the other subraces.

How much content did they put in exclusively for the prestige classes, anyway? I didn't get any for my warpriest. Besides the Warlock, the core classes are preserved.

I would have been happy had they just altered content for the races, only a few of whom (particularly the underdark varieties) warrant much special content. Moon elves and Gold Elves don't require a hell of a lot of distinction, but drow do, because they're so wildly different than the other subraces.

Actually moon and sun elves do differ from eachother, but that's not worked out better sadly.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png