Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Little Miss Sunshine

I found this movie a little overrated, TBH.  What's so great about it?  I liked the whole 'Superfreak' routine but aside from that I thought it was kinda meh.

:shrugs smiley:

Agree. Average movie at best. I did like Alan Arkin's character, he did a great job, and the movie went down hill after he was no longer in it.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Breaker! Breaker!: Your typical Chuck Norris movie. Fun action movie with some heart. The villains here make it more than worthwhile while Chuck is Chuck. If you like him; you'll like this movie.

Man of the Year: John Ritter's last movie that was released after his death. One word descritpion of it is weird due to the off beat camera work used. That said it was an okayish but ultimately dissapointing movie with a non surprising movie that was telegraphed from the get go. Movie is saved by all around solid performances led by Ritter.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I watched Bon Cop, Bad Cop last night. You can tell that all the French speaking actors are from Quebec, because they all speak so damn fast. My limited knowledge of French so I had to turn on the subtitles and even then it was a challenge.

Anyway, the basic plot of the movie is that a cop from Ontario and a cop from Quebec have to work together to solve the murder of some guy who was (quite literally) killed on the border between the two provinces. Lots of stuff related to hockey that makes me thing the regulars in the NHL thread would get a kick out of it. The league commissioner in the movie is this little dweeb who is no more than 3 feet tall and curiously enough is named Buttman. He gets stuffed into the trunk of a car at the end. :cool:

Death To Smoochy

Good fun. Not half as bad as everyone says it is, although the script is a bit too flimsy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Because of Win-Dixie.

I must have been in a mushy mood because I actually sort of liked it. :"> Although, whenever they give animals CGI smiling capabilities, it's always a bit creepy. At least the film kept it to a minimum.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Death To Smoochy

Good fun. Not half as bad as everyone says it is, although the script is a bit too flimsy.

IM RAINBOW FUKIN RANDOLF!!! :thumbsup:

Edit: awesome movie btw

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Queen.

Very interesting film.

Too much about Dianna though.

Fantastic actors!

That was a useful device to explore the relationship of the UK with their Queen, and how it has changed from the time of her coronation to her Golden Jubilee. Diana's death was a critical and significant event in the British zeitgeist (much as Watergate was for the USA, for example), and is therefore an important touchstone for the (British) audience. It also serves to help compare and contrast the Queen (who has always enjoyed enormous popularity) and Diana (who is one of the only people to ever gain more popularity, if only briefly).

I just saw Venus.

The film was excellent. The acting superb: Peter O'Toole (I thought he was dead!), Leslie Phillips, Richard Griffiths and Vanessa Redgrave are all in top form, emoting with an economy of words (Redgrave is on screen for seconds and is superlative). The writing and direction are perfect, too. I was laughing out loud for the first half of the film and I was completely entranced with the fate of the characters.

I particularly like the way that mature life takes place at a vastly slower pace than that of the young, as people age and (hopefully) gain wisdom they act like chess masters as each action contains a wealth of context, so manuœuvres (for all contributors) can and do require a depth of thought instead of bursts of speed. The film demonstrates this facet of life eloquently, without even making the audience aware: sublime.

It's a character-based film, though, so if you prefer mindless action this won't be of interest.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's not out yet, but I am quite excited about Aqua Teen Hunger Force colon Movie Film for Theaters.

TRAILER

They're blowing up Boston, you know.

The nonsensical, inane hipsters are rising up to crush their fascist bourgeoisie parents! Death to allowances! No more grounding! Freedom for expensive black hairstyles! Long live Panic! At the Disco!