Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Just saw Pan's Labyrinth. Great movie.

I've been curious about that movie for awhile and need something to tide me over until 300 comes out in March. Please elaborate if you could.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Grendel

A SciFi original movie starring Chris Bruno, Ben Cross and Marina Sirtis.

I'll say 3 things about this:

1- Ben Cross is a good actor, just (very) unlucky.

2- Marina Sirtis has not aged very well.

3- This "film" was  :-

A bad SciFi original movie? Surely you jest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Grendel

A SciFi original movie starring Chris Bruno, Ben Cross and Marina Sirtis.

I'll say 3 things about this:

1- Ben Cross is a good actor, just (very) unlucky.

2- Marina Sirtis has not aged very well.

3- This "film" was  :-

A bad SciFi original movie? Surely you jest.

Since the source material is supposed to be rich I was expecting better but yeah, I see your point. :">

But is it as good as this Labyrinth?

Oh god, not that movie. I hate that movie so much. :shifty:

What. The. Hell?

How can you hate the greatest fantasy movie of the 80's, if not all time ?? Starring the ever hawt Jennifer Connelly; featuring the best pre-CG fantasy creatures - thanks to Jim Henson (RIP)... and of course who could forget the menacing yet oh-so-camp villainy of David Bowieeee as the Goblin King?

Within you

Sing along...

Now you've turned my world, you precious thing,

You starve and near exhaust me

Ev'rything I've done I've done for you.

I move the stars for no one.

You've run so long, you've run so far,

Your eyes can be so cruel,

Just as I can be so cruel,

Though I do believe in you,

Yes, I do,

Live without your sunlight,

Love without your heartbeat

I, I can't live within you

I, I can't live within you

I, can't live within you.

Edited by Surreptishus

GREAT link, Surr!

I read that Bowie, Sting and Michael Jackson were the three stars considered for the part of the Goblin King. Could you imagine Jacko in that part? Although I think Sting might be worse, Mr. Tantric is just so bland. Ugh...

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I suppose in '86 he was on top of the world. That reminds me, I was playing MJ's Moonwalker the other day on a Genesis emulator -- because I rock -- and I love how they start the game with the scene from the "Smooth Criminal" video where he flips the quarter into the jukebox from across the room.

Anyway, I might watch Beautiful Girls this week. A co-worker loaned it to me, and I'm looking forward to it.

Jennifer Connelly is indeed hawt, but making sure David Bowie's codpiece made it into every scene kind of scared me off from that movie.

Its like in the Dark Crystal when they rip the feathers off that one vulture creature. I got it in my head as a kid they were raping him and have been scared ever since.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

But is it as good as this Labyrinth?

Oh god, not that movie. I hate that movie so much. ;)

What. The. Hell?

How can you hate the greatest fantasy movie of the 80's, if not all time ?? Starring the ever hawt Jennifer Connelly; featuring the best pre-CG fantasy creatures - thanks to Jim Henson (RIP)... and of course who could forget the menacing yet oh-so-camp villainy of David Bowieeee as the Goblin King?

Possibly because my first exposure to it was when I was around 3 years old and at that point in time the movie just seemed to really creep me out? I remember that it used to give me nightmares. :lol:

I watched The Strange Door (1951), with Charles Laughton and Boris Karloff in an adaption of "The Sire de Mal

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been curious about that movie for awhile and need something to tide me over until 300 comes out in March. Please elaborate if you could.

The story is about a little girl who's mother marries a violent Spanish army captain who is hunting geurilla fighters in Franco's Spain. Her mother is pregnant and they travel to the mountains so the baby can be born near the father. There the girl meets the Faun who tells her she is the reincarnation of a fantasy world princess and must complete 3 tasks before the full moon to open the portal to her kingdom and escape the horrible mortal world.

Its a pretty dark movie, the acting is excellent, and the makeup effects are some of the best in any movie. If it was a north american film I could see it picking up several oscars.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Superman Returns - Ok movie. Superman actor was ok, the new 'Lois' while a fan actor simply doesn't come off as Lois sadly. Loved the new version of Lex Luthor. I think the movie coulda gone a little darker; but meh.

POTC 2 - Very good movie. Not quite as reaching the heights of 1; but still very good. I LOVED the ending and the returnee. Totally sweet! The tongue in cheek humour was over done at times, and what exactly the point of having those two dofusses return and somehow become members on the 'good side'. That's just crap.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Superman Returns - Ok movie. Superman actor was ok, the new 'Lois' while a fan actor simply doesn't come off as Lois sadly. Loved the new version of Lex Luthor. I think the movie coulda gone a little darker; but meh.

POTC 2 - Very good movie. Not quite as reaching the heights of 1; but still very good. I LOVED the ending and the returnee. Totally sweet! The tongue in cheek humour was over done at times, and what exactly the point of having those two dofusses return and somehow become members on the 'good side'. That's just crap.

I thought Kate Bosworth was miscast. She looked ok as Lois, but didn't really sell me on it. I personally think if they wanted to go with a young Lois, Rachel McAdams would be a more convincing Lois.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fight Club - I rewatch it every few months or so. Always one of my favs. Edward Norton is like beyond one of the best actors besides Kevin Spacey, not to mention brad pit is in it.

Oldboy - Korean film which is basically a modern day count of Monte Cristo and its by far one of the most bad ass movies I have ever seen. Excellent music and stories. Not to mention its foreign!!

Green Street Hooligans - Elijah Wood isn't a wussy gnome this time, he's actually almost a bad ass. Basically Elijah Wood is less than a year away from completing college when his roommate screws him big time. He decides to go to the UK to live with his sister to try to maybe do something with his life. While there he gets involved with a Hooligan "gang" and from there it has a nice bit of fighting and pumping yourself up, unless your gay or something....Good characters, story, and the one dude has some tight abs.

The Usual Suspects - Kevin Spacey and a bunch of other people. One of the funniest movies iv ever watched, good plot and awesome characters. Not much in the way of like crazy deep story but keeps you guessing.

The Shawshank Redemption - Awesome prison movie. Good characters and story, one of my favorites.

Snatch - Cool English movie, that ties in a bunch of different peoples stories into one. Underground fighting, pigs eating people, giant diamond, English black people, awesome movie.

The Quiet - Basically about a deaf girl and her living with her new family. Oddly enough I actually liked this movie quite a bit. It lacked real action, suspense, story, and themes but for some reason it had me from begining to end. Not to mention it had awesome piano which is single handley the greatest instrument ever created.

A scanner darkly - Kind of animated with a weird art style. It has a large emphasis on drug abuse and a police state that has complete surveillance of everything and the corruption of big business. It's a pretty good/decent movie.

Death To Smoochie - Edward Norton again but this is a comedy. Basically about this perfectly moral barney type character who is a nobody that replaces the corrupt Rainbow randolf on the biggest childrens tv show. You see the darkest depths of children tv and such and its an awesome movie. Robin Williams, Edward Norton, and Catherine Keener. It also features Jon Stewart and Danny DeVito.

And yes I have watched all these movies and a few others recently. With no school for over a month I've had to much time on my hands. :(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Death To Smoochie - Edward Norton again but this is a comedy.  Basically about this perfectly moral barney type character who is a nobody that replaces the corrupt Rainbow randolf on the biggest childrens tv show.  You see the darkest depths of children tv and such and its an awesome movie.  Robin Williams, Edward Norton, and Catherine Keener. It also features Jon Stewart and Danny DeVito.

Oh man, I forgot about that one. It's an unheralded classic!

"I'm Rainbow ****ing Randolph!"

Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night, thought it was actually pretty decent - I didn't expect it to be that great.

The other night I watched A Scanner Darkly which I really enjoyed.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein