Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Film I saw yesterday though was Pan's Labyrinth

Really good, really moving, really brutal at points.  Very well made.

It only plays in selected theaters here(ONE!!!).

Do you know if it will get a wider release soon?

It's already moved to a wider release. It was released in Toronto earlier in the month and moved into a wider release on the 19th. We only have one theatre here and it's not showing it. At least you have one theatre that is. :ermm:

Yeah its in wide® release now in the US. Which meant, naturally, the local theater didn't get it so I had to drive a bit to see it.

Still it was worth it, IMO.

Pity it (and Children of Men) got their wide releases so messed up.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched The Libertine last night. I thought Johnny Depp was wonderful as the Earl of Rochester (well, as wonderful as you can be when playing a syphillitic cynic).

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Haven

Hmm, what to say about this. TBH, Im not sure I know WTF happened.

So, apparently you can get accused of rape AND gun a person down in front of a crowd and never once get questioned by the police?

What was the banker that betrayed Bill Paxtons character going to do with the money he was trying to swipe? Give it to the Fed's? Was the Fed dirty? Why did he give him a new identity, for turning Paxton's character in? WTF is going on?

Saw Monster House.. pretty funny actually - it's a good family film because it so full of horror references (and many other kinds of cult fiction) so adults will have a good laugh.. and I bet kids will have a good scare (but feel relieved by the envitable happy end - even if it's not quite what you'd expected).. and the animations are really good - facial expressions are done extremely well, so characters really come to life..

overall = :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Igby Goes Down

Kind of a modern cinematic Catcher in the Rye, sorta. Got a Culkin in it. Pretty good, Goldblum does a really convincing job. The Pullman flashbacks are really the only thing I can say are definitively bad in this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280760/

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, its kindof brutal from the kids perspective

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Due to horrible bad-back issues I've watched a lot of TV lately - especially since we got a nice shiney 50" plasma and digital/HD cable.

Recently, "Duel" was on and I watched that. Haven't seen it in a while - it ages pretty well; it's still a classic for it's simplicity...or something.

I'm annoyed they felt they had to re-make "The Hitcher" - if they ever remake "Duel" I'll have a stroke. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Me, Myself, & I

Its funny how something so innocent as watching a movie in the of the day can turn into something sinster when a girl gets involved. I have to admitt to paying close attention to this movie at first, I spent most of it wondering if the plot centered around Rachel Griffith's character being a transsexual. After learning that she wasn't and that the movie was a Brigett Jones type comedy I spent the rest of the day shunning my guest.

A Scanner Darkly

Without the Barris cahracter, it would have been all for naught, but with him the movie was actually worht watching. I expect to read the novel eventually and suddenly go "ahaa, that's what happened" storywise.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I watched John Q today, and I cried during it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Descent. I was expecting something more like the suspense/horror of Aliens, and instead got more of a Night of the Living Dead horror. Bleh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw Explorers last night.

(w00t)

I couldn't help but think this needs a remake.

Lots of fun, feelgood stuff.

Horrible idea, they actually managed to get pretty competent child acting in the first.

Back to the Future

I'd like to see a 4th one before we lose Michael J. Fox.

Is he healthy enough to do one? I haven't seen him in anything in a long time...not that I've been on the lookout much or anything.

Miller's Crossing

The Sting

Dark Star

All today. And I'm considering watching another even though it's already 1 AM here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You Were Never Lovelier

Rita Hayworth could really dance!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Little Miss Sunshine

I found this movie a little overrated, TBH. What's so great about it? I liked the whole 'Superfreak' routine but aside from that I thought it was kinda meh.

:shrugs smiley:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.