Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

P.S. Zardoz stars a young and freckled Sara Kestelman (the voice of Kreia in KotOR2) in all her naked glory.  It also features a mind-bendingly gorgeous Charlotte Rampling (one of the most beautiful women who ever lived), but these beauties pale next to the blinding sun of Sean Connery's dayglo underwear.  Connery as a pistol-packin' neanderthal assassin prancin' around in in a bright orange thong? God, what's not to like?

This coupled with the absurdity of the picture in the subsequent post gave me a hard laugh this morning.

The thigh-high leather boots, ouch. :aiee:

I've recently seen 'eragon'. It was a great movie. I hope there are some sequels to it like LOR series.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

I saw The Illusionist today. Competent acting, great cinematography, and good score. The story is a little thin and lives only for the final plot twist.

It's fairly easy figure that there is a twist at end, but finding out what the twist is exactly is another matter entirely.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes, it was the ecstasy of gold. :D

I get it!

Did you know:

Metallica used to open their concerts with that playing over the PA as they took the stage. :sorcerer:

Can't say I've seen any flicks lately. I did catch about 20 minutes of A Charlie Brown Christmas the other day though.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I did, in fact I have S&M.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was always more of a fan of the Two Towers myself.

Exactly. 'cept I was in my sophomore year of high school back then, and had a Tolkien freak for an English teacher. So naturally we read the Two Towers and he got the class (and some people who wanted to ditch their other classes) tickets to see the movie a week before release. It was probably the greatest theater experience I've ever had. The march of the Ents and the anticipatory buildup to Helm's Deep were just insane.

I'm d/ling the first season of the Wire, presently.

Exactly. 'cept I was in my sophomore year of high school back then, and had a Tolkien freak for an English teacher. So naturally we read the Two Towers and he got the class (and some people who wanted to ditch their other classes) tickets to see the movie a week before release. It was probably the greatest theater experience I've ever had. The march of the Ents and the anticipatory buildup to Helm's Deep were just insane.

I'm d/ling the first season of the Wire, presently.

Oddly enough, my Grade 9 teacher did the same thing. Most of the grade went, so we had almsot 250 people there. We each had to pay our own way, but we got to get out of 3/4 of the school day for about $10 ^_^

"Apocalypto"

Wow, this is definitely a movie you HAVE to see in a theater to fully appreciate. Now let me preface by saying that I question a good deal of the history. This can often ruin movies for me, as I'm a stickler for accuracy. But the fact is this movie is told like an epic legend and, much like Braveheart, the history is forgivable in the name of story. This is a visually stunning movie that may be worth the price of admission based solely on that, but it's also a great action piece with a wonderful hero. I highly recommend this one.

I saw A History of Violence. I thought it was really good until it ended. The ending was not satisfying at all. It just made the movie seem really short.

I also saw Nacho Libre, which was ok. Beowulf, starring Christopher Lambert, which was actually very entertaining, I recommend it. Day of Wrath, starring Christopher Lambert (he's the best bad actor ever) which wasn't bad, but when the whole jewish conspiracy thing started to be revealed it turned out better. Though the ending baffled me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Tried to watch Miami Vice...

1st thought: "what idiot decided to put dark blue text credit titles against a dark blue ocean background?"

2nd thought: "what a dark movie, I can hardly see anything."

3rd thought: "they have the "no talking, all visual w/wild music down pretty well"

4th thought: "I can't follow the plot. Is there a plot?"

5th thought: "I'm going to bed."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I prefer the first one for a variety of reasons. The main reason being the fellowship is together.

I actually like the first one the best myself....partly because it is all about establishing the world....and a very mysterious world it is at that point.

still haven't seen the extendeds for any of them though.

I prefer the first one for a variety of reasons. The main reason being the fellowship is together.

I actually like the first one the best myself....partly because it is all about establishing the world....and a very mysterious world it is at that point.

still haven't seen the extendeds for any of them though.

First, rent the extended asap.

The first one is my favorite also.

I find it more magical, mysterious, fantastic(as in fantasy).

My favorite 2 scenes in the entire trilogy are in FotR: From the end of the history lesson to Frodo leaving the Shire and the Moria scenes.

Also, In my head, Gandalf is grey. I don't know why but that is the image I have of Gandalf, the wizard in rags with the pointy hat.

I don't like most of what happens after they reach Lothlorien though.

From the scribe behind Die Hard, Street Fighter, and Judge Dread: Blast!

Plot Outline: A terrorist, Michael Kittredge (Jones), posing as an environmentalist protester leads a team of highly-skilled mercenaries to take control of an oil rig off the coast of California, intending to detonate an electromagnetic bomb over the United States, striking a sort of "new Pearl Harbor" attack on behalf of enemies to the nation. What Kittredge didn't count on is a tugboat captain, Lamont Dixon (Griffin), who survives an attack on his ship, and is soon recruited by an FBI agent (Fox) to infiltrate the oil rig and procure information about their plans... and if possible, stop them. In the process, Dixon meets an eager computer expert (Meyer) aboard the oil rig who helps Dixon even as he gets on his nerves and Lamont suspects he can't really trust him.
Starring Eddie Griffin as Archetypical-hero-haunted-by-past-failings and Breckin Meyer as his bumbling, blundering, stumbling, floundering sidekick "Jamal". Who is, not unexpectedly, a caucasian tech nerd (wholly whitebred) - hilarity ensues.

Baddies: Vinnie Jones as Ruthless International Terrorist and Tommy 'Tiny' Lister as a bad ass mother.. (switch to boom!).

Vulvas: Vivica A. Fox as Dignified FBI Agent - who, naturally, falls for Griffin, even though she only sees him, like, once - and Nadine Velazquez as Evil Bitch With Machine Gun.

Highlights:

- Griffin directing a Grenade via overhead bicycle kick. "We used to play Soccer in the Hood". (Suck it, Ronnie - not you, Lou.)

- The glare, oh man, the glare - unfortunately, I've got no way of posting it, as I caught this gem on the telly, but man, the Griffin trademark stare, he used it in Undercover Brother for comedic effect, yet it's funnier here as the flick's pretty much a derivative 80s actioner in shiny new clothes (including ultra fast editing).

(Oh, I've also watched Our Man In Havana (Carol Reed|Graham Greene - you can't possibly fail) and Top Secret!).

Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.