What are you playing now?

Darque

Arcanum was good and well worth the money I paid for it.  It had some very cool ideas and an unique setting.  Someone should port Arcanum over to NWN 2.  :D

It was a decent game to play. I did not care much the the 2D characters, they looked bland.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I remember liking the Arcanum demo, buying the game, and disliking the final product. But I didn't very far into it...maybe if I'd stuck with it.

My husband is apparently bored (or unmotivated) and is installing Kotor1. It's the first game he's installed/played since trying Kotor2 last year. I'm amused.

Me, still Summoner.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just started playing Grim Fandango for the first time. :mellow:

I've tried playing it a few times, and the controls kill me.

I'm told you can map them, I don't think you can.

Erm... wasnt it just a (really awesome) point and click adventure?

Nope, it's all keyboard.

I just bought BG1 on Amazon for about eight bucks. The shipping cost almost as much as the game! It came to $14 and change, all told.

I figure I should probably play the original, as I've enjoyed the sequel so much.

I hear there's not as much NPC interaction in BG as in BG2. But, I believe one of the IE modders groups created a mod that added a good amount of banters with your fellow adventurers. I might have to install that along with Tutu when the game arrives on my doorstep.

I'm looking forward to beginning the adventure that I've completed ... I figure I'll use the NPCs I know from BG2 unless there's some exciting characters who jump out at me.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

..and then FFXII at the end of the month.

When you do, feel free to post your impressions on this board. I'm desperately looking for a new RPG to play on my Playstation 2. Problem is I've hated every cinematic jRPG I've played so far, but from what I've read this Final Fantasy is different. It's supposed to be open-ended and less cut-scene intensive. Also, it's gotten like 95% or more in every review I've seen! That must mean something.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just bought BG1 on Amazon for about eight bucks. The shipping cost almost as much as the game! It came to $14 and change, all told.

I figure I should probably play the original, as I've enjoyed the sequel so much.

I hear there's not as much NPC interaction in BG as in BG2. But, I believe one of the IE modders groups created a mod that added a good amount of banters with your fellow adventurers. I might have to install that along with Tutu when the game arrives on my doorstep.

I'm looking forward to beginning the adventure that I've completed ... I figure I'll use the NPCs I know from BG2 unless there's some exciting characters who jump out at me.

Uh, there's no NPC interaction in BG1, at least in comparison to BG2. They'll have little voiced interactions that don't stop the game. One character telling the other that they shouldn't be so evil, etc. Having also played BG2 first, it makes the game seem bare :- And there are plenty NPCs from the first game that never made it into the second one in a playable capacity, unfortunately. You accidentally murder Ajantis in the Windspear Hills, and Xan/Montaron are obviously killed by the Harpers. Quayle becomes Aerie's adopted father ("uncle", whatever) and settles down, Tiax is imprisoned in Spellhold, one of the bards (never used him) is killed by a werewolf in one of the forest maps around Suldanesslar, another of the bards I believe is mentioned by somebody to have written a song about you. Dynaheir and Khalid are murdered by Irenicus. Viconia and Edwin are still playable, as are Jaheira and Minsc, obviously. I guess the "canon" BG1 party consisted of the PC, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira and Khalid. Pretty similar to what I used, actually, except I replaced Khalid right off the bat.

There are probably a few I'm missing :(

I've been trying to install the banter mod for BG1tutu, but it's not working :thumbsup:

Edited by Pop

Uh, there's no NPC interaction in BG1, at least in comparison to BG2. They'll have little voiced interactions that don't stop the game. One character telling the other that they shouldn't be so evil, etc. Having also played BG2 first, it makes the game seem bare :( And there are plenty NPCs from the first game that never made it into the second one in a playable capacity, unfortunately. You accidentally murder Ajantis in the Windspear Hills, and Xan/Montaron are obviously killed by the Harpers. Quayle becomes Aerie's adopted father ("uncle", whatever) and settles down, Tiax is imprisoned in Spellhold, one of the bards (never used him) is killed by a werewolf in one of the forest maps around Suldanesslar, another of the bards I believe is mentioned by somebody to have written a song about you. Dynaheir and Khalid are murdered by Irenicus. Viconia and Edwin are still playable, as are Jaheira and Minsc, obviously. I guess the "canon" BG1 party consisted of the PC, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira and Khalid. Pretty similar to what I used, actually, except I replaced Khalid right off the bat.

There are probably a few I'm missing :(

I've been trying to install the banter mod for BG1tutu, but it's not working :)

I remember Jaheira died very early to an Ogre in BG for my game. I mean she really died too, like bits and pieces all over the place. Khalid was a bit broken up, but he was actually a lot more tolerable after a bit. I think he does better without that bossy bitch in his life.

I remember Jaheira died very early to an Ogre in BG for my game.  I mean she really died too, like bits and pieces all over the place.  Khalid was a bit broken up, but he was actually a lot more tolerable after a bit.  I think he does better without that bossy bitch in his life.

Without Jaheira, he may gain a backbone. :ermm:

She always annoyed me. The few times I had her in my party I always gave her that belt that changes your gender.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Uh, there's no NPC interaction in BG1, at least in comparison to BG2. They'll have little voiced interactions that don't stop the game. One character telling the other that they shouldn't be so evil, etc. Having also played BG2 first, it makes the game seem bare :o And there are plenty NPCs from the first game that never made it into the second one in a playable capacity, unfortunately. You accidentally murder Ajantis in the Windspear Hills, and Xan/Montaron are obviously killed by the Harpers. Quayle becomes Aerie's adopted father ("uncle", whatever) and settles down, Tiax is imprisoned in Spellhold, one of the bards (never used him) is killed by a werewolf in one of the forest maps around Suldanesslar, another of the bards I believe is mentioned by somebody to have written a song about you. Dynaheir and Khalid are murdered by Irenicus. Viconia and Edwin are still playable, as are Jaheira and Minsc, obviously. I guess the "canon" BG1 party consisted of the PC, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira and Khalid. Pretty similar to what I used, actually, except I replaced Khalid right off the bat.

There are probably a few I'm missing :)

I've been trying to install the banter mod for BG1tutu, but it's not working :(

I remember Jaheira died very early to an Ogre in BG for my game. I mean she really died too, like bits and pieces all over the place. Khalid was a bit broken up, but he was actually a lot more tolerable after a bit. I think he does better without that bossy bitch in his life.

Poor Jaheira, has no love here. :(

None from me either. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Xan still has my heart.

**** that guy :p

I really liked Aerie and Viconia, too. It's odd, because I know a lot of people who really hate Aerie (or rather, the fact that she's always so doe-eyed and innocent) The only people I didn't like in BG2 were Edwin and that Bloodaxe dwarf guy. As far as BG1 went, they were all just sets of stats to me :) Khalid was never, ever in my party. 15 strength on a fighter? That's even more stupid than a mid-level intelligence on a mage (ie Aerie)

Xan still has my heart.

Life is so hollow.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Xan still has my heart.

**** that guy :p

I really liked Aerie and Viconia, too. It's odd, because I know a lot of people who really hate Aerie (or rather, the fact that she's always so doe-eyed and innocent) The only people I didn't like in BG2 were Edwin and that Bloodaxe dwarf guy. As far as BG1 went, they were all just sets of stats to me :) Khalid was never, ever in my party. 15 strength on a fighter? That's even more stupid than a mid-level intelligence on a mage (ie Aerie)

At least Aerie had an excuse in that she was only part mage. Although to be honest the only stat that really mattered was consitution.

High Strength isn't important if you have the bag of holding or extra party members.

High Dexterity gives you a few extra AC, but you'll still end up getting hit anyway.

High Intelligence/Wisdom gets you a few extra low level spells.

High Charisma gets you better prices in stores, but you get an 18 charisma ring two steps from the starting dungeon.

It's not like NWN where casters require high intelligence, or fighters need a high dex to effectively dual wield.

As far as BG1 went, they were all just sets of stats to me :unsure: Khalid was never, ever in my party. 15 strength on a fighter? That's even more stupid than a mid-level intelligence on a mage (ie Aerie)

You do realize there are stat enchancement items in the game... right? :p

Gauntlets of Ogre Power on Khalid and Gauntlets of Dexterity on Jaheria make them quite the deadly duo.

Better than Minsc and one hit kill Die-naheir

Poor Khalid.

I think I'm one of the few who found Minsc annoying instead of funny.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts