~4 minute Mass Effect trailer on 360 marketplace

Epiphany

"I find it odd that it's five pages long since this morning when I ok'ed the thread"

Well.. it's a BIO game.... outsidd of Obsidian themselves, they're the company most likely to be known by the forumers here whether they like them or not so it should be no surprise that a thread about their upcoming game is being discussed, praised, and bashed sp quickly and so thoroughly. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That has alot to with the fact that they're aren't next-generation.

How so?

No dramatic step in audio, graphics or game-design. Unless it's the Wii, but since i am biased towards it, we'll leave it there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sure ME is under the same sort of contract that JE was... an exclusivity contract for the xbox 360 for x amount of time than BIO can port it to another system. Remember, BIO owns ME, so outside of an exclusivity contract that BIo likely signed; they decide what system it will eventually be on. Not MS.

Edited by Volourn

Some misconceptions in this thread (some of which has been squashed already):

1. There is pretty much a full character creation. The only things 'set in stone' are the character's last name,  the race (human), and you are a commander. You can choose class, skills, gender, and even background.

2. Yes, stats *do* matter in combat. You can also pause during combat to switch characters and target an enemy if you so wish.

If the story works out, and the actual rules are decent; this game will be easily better than either overrated KOTOR. :)

Sounds pretty good, now if the framerate really is improved as Epiphany said and the lipsync + general animations (maybe the combat is more fun playing than seeing) are fixed, then all the superficial matters are ok.

Then the last and the most difficult piece of the puzzle is left: To make a great story worth playing.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The interview, btw, details some of the character creation/;customization as well. Ther'es a tidbit on the story too though it's pretty much verbatim of what we already know about it.

I still wanna try the rover vehicle. Looks really cool! :)

The interview, btw, details some of the character creation/;customization as well. Ther'es a tidbit on the story too though it's pretty much verbatim of what we already know about it.

I still wanna try the rover vehicle. Looks really cool! :)

We shall see. I would prefer to see them get Dragon Age done and released.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I wonder how linear the game will be.

I can't be as linear Jade Empire, it simply can't be. The whole setting demands free-roaming through planets. Even pseudo-freeroaming like KotOR would be better.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well, it's Bioware, it'll be a solid title. I'm not so sure about stellar, but that's just me not being that big a fan of Bioware's previous storytelling.

The 360 doesn't seem like a bad system. I don't have any real intentions to get one at any point yet, but some of its titles do seem interesting.

Trusty Bell seems to be the more interesting one to me. A JRPG made by Namco, yes, but based on... Chopin's dream... world? Definite potential with a quite unconventional setting.

Lost Odyssey doesn't look bad, either. Though, of course, we all know about the story of the immortal who has to see all his friends pass away before his eyes. Still, some potential for good storytelling there. We'll see.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

A) I'm not afraid.

B) I don't care.

C) Enough delays.

....... ROFLASJKSAHKASJHKJAS

A) This won't take long.

B) I need some info.

C) That depends on you.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

.... Okay, the 'real-time' element is a new addition, but I'm not convinced of how much it'd actually add to the conversation. Other than, like, total immersion.

Hadescopy.jpg

I'll have to see more of this dialogue system before I make any final judgements.

More of this dialogue I must see before I judge.

To judge this dialogue system I must see more!

I need to see more of this system before I judge.

:D

My curiousity is piqued, but until there's a PC announcement, I likely won't follow it too much.

As a result, you can all blame Bioware for my continued presence on these boards. (and NWN2 I suppose)

Edited by alanschu

On a lighter note, did anyone watch the Dark Messiah Choice-trailer?

Now that's the best game ever.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Those "dialogue options" aren't what the character actually says though.  They're just used to let the player know how they want the character to respond.

Bah, so it's basically Bard's Tale.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A JERK OR A GOOD GUY TODAY? CLICK AND BE SURPRISED! More opportunities for mocap'ed cutscenes and more voice-acting. Not necessarily better, especially not when tackling the realm of interactive storytelling. The E3 previews all seem to drool at the fact that your character DREW OUT A GUN AND POINTED IT AT THE BARTENDER after you selected an option, though. I dunno, man. I dunno.

That's not exactly innovative. The fact that Dragon Age isn't touching it says enough about how next-gen awesome it is.

Hadescopy.jpg

The E3 previews all seem to drool at the fact that your character DREW OUT A GUN AND POINTED IT AT THE BARTENDER after you selected an option, though.

Really? :)

Why?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: