~4 minute Mass Effect trailer on 360 marketplace

Epiphany

"If ST would happen in galaxy far far away and would have magic system, would it be orginal?"

First off, Star Trek came before Star Wars. Secondly, ST does have 'magic' and it happens in multiple galaxies.

I daresay that it takes more than simply having magic and a 'far away galaxy' to not be original.

btw, Just to let you know, ME is not set in a 'galaxy far away'; but in alternate future of our time - at least it was last I checked. So... does that make ME a Star Trek 'rip off' instead of a Star Wars one now? Hmm..

Going by what youa re saying, any thing set in space is a 'rip off'.. Doctor Who came before both ST and SW and features galaxies and 'magic' so I guess the latter two are 'rip offs' of Doctor Who... I think not.

You can have similiarites and still be different. Heck, Star Wars itself had multiple sources used by Lucas for the setting and the original SW story.

You overrate, and misunderstand the term 'original', imo.

That is all that needsa to be said as you (and I) have made up our minds. >_<

P.S. There is no way to determine, imo, how 'original' ME may or may not be yet. In the end, it won't matter to me AT ALL since originality is soo overrated. As long as the story, game, characters, role-playing, and combat ar egood and fun it matters 0.0%.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ME is likely to be 1 million % percent better. The land vehicle dune buggy thing alone proves this.

Vehicle driving was done thousand times before in other games, and probably better. Those Bio minigames were always annoying, and that silly buggy won't be an exception.

But yeah, it makes the game 1 million % better. Whatever.

The buggy isn't a mini game last i checked. And, I never said the buggy was 'orginal' did I? I said it looks cool. As for other games doing it better.... it's ncie that you know this is true eitehr way since neither of us have tried the ME version. :p And, yes, it automatically makes ME 1 million times better than the overrated KOTOR series which did NOT have an on planet vehicle.

So, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

P.S. Yes, originality is overrated. Lots of original things flat out suck, and I wish they ahd staye din the minds of their creators. While many 'copycats' per se have been really, really good. ie. D&D was originally nothing more than combined of strategical baord games and Tolkien. Yet it has more originality and quality than most things that claim to be '100% original'.

You know you're a blatant Bio fanboi when you write crap like this.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Are there any screenshots of what the female Shepard will look like?

You know, that name's just going to make me think of Stargate: Atlantis. Just as well I don't own an XBox 360, I suppose.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

One word: Q.

In fact, I've been watching ST:TNG from the start. I'm in season one, and there have already been multipel episodes where 'magic' or 'unexplained phenomena' has been involved. Q, of course, being the largest single guilty party of this.

I read the wikipedia entry and I must ask has the Q

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

They are pointless distractions to the main game. If I want to play a top down shooter then I would play Galaga but they stuck one in Jade Empire which was annoying as to all hell. If I wanted to take down tie fighters (at least wannabes) I would play a Star Wars shooter. I have to say Oblivion had the lamest and the most pathetic minigames I have seen in a computer game.

Outside of one (easy) time; you can easily ignore said mini games. BIO learned from their mistake with the forced space shoot 'em up in KOTOR. ;)

I agree when it comes to the shoot'em up mini-game in Jade Empire: that's the lamest mini-game I have ever seen in a RPG.

But I also like certain mini-games. Like the lockpicking mini-game in Dungeon Lords. It had you thinking and reacting, but it was entirely dependant on your character's lockpicking skills. I liked it, even if that, too, was flawed (like the rest of the game).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

IIRC, the Q Collective's powers aren't really explained. They just have them. It's not technology though. But, waht else do you call unlexaplined powers that pretty much allow one to do soemthing out of nothing BUT magic?

Of course, ST doesn't have an overall system for its magic. It's not a video game nor a RPG - it's tv shows, and movies. There's a difference though becetween ST's advanced technology ala warp drive or the borg and magic/unexplained phenomena ala Q.

Seriously, I'd like to see anyone be able to explain Q's powers without something akin to 'it's magic'.

Ok.

Since when does magic need to have a system to be cosnidered magic? That's silly. The whole point about magic is that it's not really explainable in a real world way.

If you want to use it you need to know how it works, when, where, and who can use it.

How are we supposed to know this stuff in detail after 4 minutes of video and some articles. However, dark matter as technology I think is sufficiently different from the Force since the Force is nothing but magic under a different name. btw, I never said 'evil robots' were original (they're not). And, squad based combat ha snothing really to do with the setting itself; but a game mechanic. It's like accusing all turn based combat game sof being copycats or all IE games (or even all real time with pause games) to be copycats of BG 9even though I don't BG was the actual first game with that kind of system).

Ok, let

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Outside of one (easy) time; you can easily ignore said mini games. BIO learned from their mistake with the forced space shoot 'em up in KOTOR. :)

I actually liked that one better than the JE one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)