~4 minute Mass Effect trailer on 360 marketplace

Epiphany

As long as we get a choice on how we interact with characters, and how to solve quests (as well as the main story) it's already a step up role-playing wise in comaprison to the Final Fantasies (and I like the FF games for what they are). With FF; the goals of the creators is to tell an interetsing story much like a writer would do with a movie or a book. I don't think ME has the same goal.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's all aboout hype. I've seen NWN2 features hyped as 'new' when they were in NWN1. LOL As long as people aren't blinded by the fancy hype words it's all good.

Though; one can construe that this dialogue form is 'new' for BIO since it's not their usual way of doing it. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

One thing to keep in mind, there's not much difference between these "reply styles" than the old style dialogue trees...

The only real difference I can see, is that you don't know the exact words the character will say before hand.

So the difference is mostly cosmetic... in my opinion.

The real benefit from it is from an interface standpoint. Having the circle thingie allows for more efficient navigation using the gamepad. Having specific buttons or whatever assigned to a specific response at location X instead of scrolling through the replies. Could work.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

One thing to keep in mind, there's not much difference between these "reply styles" than the old style dialogue trees...

The only real difference I can see, is that you don't know the exact words the character will say before hand.

I guess...

Ultimately, it is just cosmetic. It can certainly make the character feel like he is not your avatar at times however. For example, my idea of threatening is a far more subtle thing that what was shown in the trailer. I suppose to you can't please everyone though.

Edited by Haitoku

I guess...

Ultimately, it is just cosmetic. It can certainly make the character feel like he is not your avatar at times however. For example, my idea of threatening is a far more subtle thing that what was shown in the trailer. I suppose to you can't please everyone though.

Well, the thing is, you wouldn't exactly get that in a text based dialogue system either. You're still shackled with whatever the writer wrote for the character to say.

I guess...

Well, the thing is, you wouldn't exactly get that in a text based dialogue system either. You're still shackled with whatever the writer wrote for the character to say.

You are correct. But usually with simple dialogue prompts you get more choices in how to say things. Despite how meaningless they might be, it does wonders for immersion.

I thought the game looked really good in the trailer. A few things though: noone knows what kind of areas you'll be moving around in. Will the areas be linear, small and cramped? Will there be loading screens every five minutes as you move from area to area?

Another thing to note: the combat looks like Gothic in space! Ok, maybe not, but it's more like Deus Ex than Baldur's Gate or KotOR. I like that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My sources indicate otherwise.

"Sources" also said that Jade Empire was to be an XBOX only title as well.

I guess we'll just both believe our sources then. I have great faith in the people I talk to though, as they are hands on "in the know".

My sources are rather "in the know" as well. There's no one I'd have more faith in.

Edited by alanschu

10 k fist d00d - your source can't even think of comparing itself with Alanschu's source. His source has so much sourcerific pwnage factor, that it would deconstruct the source code of your souce, thereby rendering it sourceless!

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Naturally nothing is guaranteed, or it'd already be made public.

Regardless, I'd still be betting on a PC version of the game eventually, just like how Jade Empire was only ever going to be on the XBOX.

Even if it doesn't come out, it's not a game that's going to make me buy the XBOX 360.

JE is probably as good as you guys say it is. I didn't play it when it first came out (only played it a few months ago), so I was Jaded by the stuff in between that looked nicer.

Hmm, after thinking about it (yes, I stopped to think about it), there wasn't much that I didn't like about the game, but I think I expected something insanely good, like how people told me about it: "DOOD U NOOB THAT GAME IS TEH BESTEST!!!! YOU HAVNT PLAYED IT YET?!?! ROFLAMETHROWER!!!!"

Edited by Blank

CS was great until the cheaters ruled the school.

After that it wasn't fun because if you got killed, you couldn't be sure if it was legit. It made the game much more frustrating.

It was funny watching many of the "best" CS players claim how crappy CS: Source was when suddenly they weren't doing as well when Half-Life 2 first came out.

Good times good times.