What game got you hooked?

Azure79

Questron for the C-64, followed by Ultima IV and V.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

When it comes to PC games, Baldur's Gate and Diablo got me hooked onto PC games. Than Fallout.  :wub:

The Fallout Demo was what made me buy a PC :-

Before that, I was quite happy to just game away on my Amiga 4000. Unfortunately, Fallout Demo didn't run well on the PC emulator :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So what was everyone's first game? The first game that really got you hooked on games?

My memory goes all the way back to Donkey Kong Jr. for Colecovision. The little gorilla trying to save his father from the evil clutches of Mario...I think. Jumping from platform to platform, then from moving platforms, avoiding spikes and flying alligator heads.

Ahh, I can't believe I'm that old.

Super Mario for the NES, I was like three back then.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I can't remember my first. But I probably got the following games at the same time.. All for the good old Commodore 64:

Flight Simulator

The Eidolon

Star Rank Boxing

image002.gifLancer

Questron for the C-64, followed by Ultima IV and V.

I'm so happy I could cry! I thought I was the only one who ever played/heard of this game. Although I vastly preferred Questron 2 before Questron.. But still :'( So nice..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...archon...

ah the good old c64 days....

That was the chess game where the pieces would come alive and do battle right? Good times, good times.

Oooh.. I remember that one, was awesome.. think I saw a port to PC like 10 years ago, have a slight memory of playing it on a PC atleast..

What do you want?.. blink.gif

...archon...

ah the good old c64 days....

That was the chess game where the pieces would come alive and do battle right? Good times, good times.

Oooh.. I remember that one, was awesome.. think I saw a port to PC like 10 years ago, have a slight memory of playing it on a PC atleast..

Both Archon and Acrhon 2 were awesome games. From the days where EA published more than just sportsgames :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Good ol' X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Probably the first computer game I ever tried. It's a kickass game even today :-

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Commnader Keen!

Me too. I also remember Civilization and the Sim City/Farm/Ant games helped in getting me hooked as well, but Commander Keen was the first one that got me into gaming.

I didn't get to play simcity/farm/ant until grade 4 in public school. I was playing Commander Keen at the age of 4. :("

My dad's favourite game. :D  I assume you mean the original?  The first few titles of the series were pretty funny, though you'd never know it by playing the later ones.
Larry 7 was "funny as f***". It's probably an exception, though, with the franchise's quality decreasing with increasing sequels, with Magna Cum Laude's good joke per hour rate being one of the lowest of the saga.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Leisure Suit Larry

My dad's favourite game. :D I assume you mean the original? The first few titles of the series were pretty funny, though you'd never know it by playing the later ones.

First titles were indeed awesomness. :)

I got to try Larry 7 now, because of Numbers Man.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

There was one at a health spa, and possibly one on a boat, though I've supressed that memory. One of those might have been 7. They were both dreadful. I didn't bother with the Magna **** Laude one, though it made it very easy to find a Christmas present for my dad this year. He says he enjoyed it, but it's easy to lie by Yahoo Messenger.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeesh...which one was #7?

It was the one on the ship. I thought it was funny. THe humour isn't exactly sophisticated, though. But that's true of all Leisure Suit Larry games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Larry 7 was great! It's called Love for Sail and it takes place on a cruise ship. I thought LSL 6 was good too, although not quite up there with LSL 2, which was fantastic.

The best part may be the Chinese "Spork" vendor who was raised by Irish missionaries.

I didn't bother with Magna **** Laude, because Al Lowe was not involved. And if he's not writing it, it's not a true Larry game.

Anyway, Wolfenstein 3D was my first game. I played the Larrys too, but my first RPG was KOTOR, ha.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

You might be interested in this for that little surge of nostalgia... or even if you just want something a little more retro.  Haven't played in too far yet, but what I've seen seems to be quite well done.

Am still waiting on the Quest for Glory 2 remake, though.  Trailer for it looks good, at least.

Hey, thanks! (w00t) I didn't realise they'd finished. The QfG2 remake is taking a while, but AGD does have a record of releasing its remakes, so I doubt it will be vapourware. I'm also looking forward to The Silver Lining, Coming Soon Quite Soon Eventually? :)

I had no idea there was a QFG2 remake in the works. Roget the Saurus, here I come!

Anyhow, the first game that seriously hooked me was Might & Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum (a.k.a., M&M I) on my uncle's C64. I also recall wearing my thumbs raw on the rather non-ergonomic Intellivision controller while playing Mission X