What game got you hooked?

Azure79

So what was everyone's first game? The first game that really got you hooked on games?

My memory goes all the way back to Donkey Kong Jr. for Colecovision. The little gorilla trying to save his father from the evil clutches of Mario...I think. Jumping from platform to platform, then from moving platforms, avoiding spikes and flying alligator heads.

Ahh, I can't believe I'm that old.

Hero's Quest 1: So You Want to Be a Hero

A kid in my class in grade 4 brought it in and played it off the disc on the school computers. I was so impressed that I made friends with the kid just so I could play it. Ended up being friends for another 10 years before we had a falling out.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Probably Atari pac-man. My father and I played that to the point where my mother started rolling her eyes.

For PC - Myst & Doom

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Duck Hunt and Mario. That infamous double cartridge. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My uncle had a bunch of those giant co-op at his house and I remember really going nuts over dig dug.

For a little while I knew what Rick Shroeder must have felt like on that show Silver Spoons

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not sure what got me hooked, but the first game I remember buying and playing extensively was Jet Pac for my ZX Spectrum 48k.

The game that got me hooked on RPG's was Wasteland on the Commodore 64.

My first encounter with the world of D&D was Pool of Radiance from the Gold Box series (they still have the best box art I've ever seen) on the Commodore 64.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just before the Platinum Age of Apple ][ gaming, I played the first Star Trek (text-as-graphics) turn-based strategy adventure game.

then I made it my job to experience every single game on the Apple ][. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sometimes I think I'm the only gamer in the world who has never played Mario, in any incarnation. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Jumping Jack on the Spectrum 48k. My family would get together to watch my dad trying to pass the hazards (levels). It had the most awesome sound effects ever.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hero's Quest 1: So You Want to Be a Hero

This was my first real addiction game, I played the VGA version to death.

But my first memorable game was The Black Cauldron by Sierra. It was the first adventure game to utilize a mouse only interface, which made it easy to play for a 9-year old.

My first PC game was Age of Empires 1.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Age of Empires came out, like, yesterday.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Mystery of Silver Mountain. I had to type in page after page of BASIC from the book. It was my first adventure game, and the first game I really really loved.

Hero's Quest I was the first game I loved on the PC, and I still play from time to time in Dosbox - nothing beats the epic quality of taking the same character from QfG1 to QfG5. The King's Quest games were good, too.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)