KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

The game could start with revan finding you as one strong with the Force and offering you to train with him/her to become a jedi (you could refuse the offer too) so that training could be like the prologue of the game (where you could also create your own lightsaber right from the start).

Then when you get the jedi knight status (or if you chose to refuse the offer) you and revan depart ways because there is way to much space to cover for himself/herself in his/her search of the true sith and while doing this you could find the exile and his padawan/knight jedi companion would decide to join you (just the help you needed if you decided not to become a jedi).

I would also like to have only one person to train as a jedi.the jedi status (padawan,knight,master) could also be something good to have and they could come with uniques feats that only this status can have.

This is the way i want it:

At next year's E3, we see a MS representative stating that MS will focus more on RPG's than the last console iteration. Then, he hands the microphone to a Lucasarts employee (Mike Gallo, if he's still there), who's stating "Well, this title doesn't need any further explanation, lets just roll the trailer now, shall we?"

After the regular Lucasarts and Obsidian logo's, the trailer begins.

The trailer will first show a much more detailed Bastila stating the following to the camera "Revan hasn't yet been found, and after him(her) several of the former high command has dissappeared, including his(her) highest ranking general". Then the camera pans to the Jedi Counsil at Coruscant stating the obvious "Most conserning"-looks and talks.

A new scene including Admiral Carth talking to the Disciple over a hologram. Carth asks "What's the situation on Dxun?". The Disciple (with Handmaiden and Mira in the background in Jedi Robes), answers: "The Mandalorians are at an alarming rate regrouping under their Mandalore Ordo. Their numbers are now tens of thousands and steadily rising with a fleet of considerable size. But there's one thing..."

- "What is it?", ask Carth.

- "Their fleet isn't regrouping in a formation towards the core worlds, or even the outher rim. It's almost like they're fortifying against the unknown regions", answers the Disciple.

- "Exile....", Carth mutters.

- "I beg your pardon?", asks the Disciple.

- "Nothing, over and out".

The text "The Final battle is near" and "Where will you stand?" comes up. After that, the scene takes place on Tatooine, where a younger boy/girl (the main character) sees a ship land in the horizon. Two figures emerges in the distant and later, one can now indentify by their appereance that it's two well-known droids. "Take us to the nearest Republic officer, meatbag. We have a message from my master" and a "Bee-oooop-dwoooo" for comic value.

Back to Bastila, stating: "As long as their fates are not known, i fear that republic might face a force beyond what happened during the Mandalorian wars".

Now the camera just shows a lightsaber. Panning out, a black robe. Panning even more out, it's Revan in his/her black suit. Panning even further, you can see Revan with the Exile(face covered with the mask that Nihilus once had) on a battlecruiser bridge, looking at the depths of space.

End with a "coming in 2007"

All graphics done with the unreal engine 3.0.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Now the camera just shows a lightsaber. Panning out, a black robe. Panning even more out, it's Revan in his/her black suit. Panning even further, you can see Revan with the Exile(face covered with the mask that Nihilus once had) on a battlecruiser bridge, looking at the depths of space."

I like your style.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

At next year's E3, we see a MS representative stating that MS will focus more on RPG's than the last console iteration. Then, he hands the microphone to a Lucasarts employee (Mike Gallo, if he's still there), who's stating "Well, this title doesn't need any further explanation, lets just roll the trailer now, shall we?"

The trailer will first show a much more detailed Bastila stating the following to the camera "Revan hasn't yet been found, and after him(her) several of the former high command has dissappeared, including his(her) highest ranking general". Then the camera pans to the Jedi Counsil at Coruscant stating the obvious "Most conserning"-looks and talks.

A new scene including Admiral Carth talking to the Disciple over a hologram. Carth asks "What's the situation on Dxun?". The Disciple (with Handmaiden and Mira in the background in Jedi Robes), answers: "The Mandalorians are at an alarming rate regrouping under their Mandalore Ordo. Their numbers are now tens of thousands and steadily rising with a fleet of considerable size. But there's one thing..."

- "Their fleet isn't regrouping in a formation towards the core worlds, or even the outher rim. It's almost like they're fortifying against the unknown regions", answers the Disciple.

The text "The Final battle is near" and "Where will you stand?" comes up. After that, the scene takes place on Tatooine, where a younger boy/girl (the main character) sees a ship land in the horizon. Two figures emerges in the distant and later, one can now indentify by their appereance that it's two well-known droids. "Take us to the nearest Republic officer, meatbag. We have a message from my master" and a "Bee-oooop-dwoooo" for comic value.

Back to Bastila, stating: "As long as their fates are not known, i fear that republic might face a force beyond what happened during the Mandalorian wars".

Now the camera just shows a lightsaber. Panning out, a black robe. Panning even more out, it's Revan in his/her black suit. Panning even further, you can see Revan with the Exile(face covered with the mask that Nihilus once had) on a battlecruiser bridge, looking at the depths of space.

:p Nice the best idea I heard

I would like to see kotor III, be more like kotor 1.. 2 was good also but it just kind of lingered off twords the end... also it would be nice to actually get the girl in the end.. maybe depending on what way you went.. if you turn to the dark side you get the girl if you got to the light you stay true to the jedi order... something like that any ways... also the story line needed to be alot longer in kotor 2.. it was way to short.. fenished the game in 3 days.. for me thats just way to short of a game to pay 50 bucks... also I would like to see more of the twistes and turns.. I love a good story that goes one way and then does a 180 on you.. lol.. never know who to trust or who to believe... but thats just me... :thumbsup:

:- Nice the best idea I heard

now that brings the Kotor name.

Probably the best idea I've heard in a long time. The only thing I don't like is the 'Exile with Nihilus mask on' it makes him look like a Sith Lord. LS Revan was made canon, the Exile would have to be LS to fit into that scene.

I understand some people's wish to tie up KotorII's ending, but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new story. Maybe something that happens a couple centuries later. It would still be the Old Republic, but a breath of fresh air.

The Jedi council rebuilt and in strong order with new challenges and new threats to the Republic. New Heroes risen and ominous villains for the Star Wars legends. Maybe I'm out of order but I would like to see this game stay completely fresh.

I understand some people's wish to tie up KotorII's ending, but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new story.  Maybe something that happens a couple centuries later.  It would still be the Old Republic, but a breath of fresh air.

The Jedi council rebuilt and in strong order with new challenges and new threats to the Republic.  New Heroes risen and ominous villains for the Star Wars legends.  Maybe I'm out of order but I would like to see this game stay completely fresh.

Agreed.

I understand some people's wish to tie up KotorII's ending, but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new story.  Maybe something that happens a couple centuries later.  It would still be the Old Republic, but a breath of fresh air.

The Jedi council rebuilt and in strong order with new challenges and new threats to the Republic.  New Heroes risen and ominous villains for the Star Wars legends.  Maybe I'm out of order but I would like to see this game stay completely fresh.

I do not agree.

I might've agreed with you if only KotOR 1 was released, but i find it to point of insulting if a company makes two games, which are connected heavily to each other through the storyline, and suddenly before the big finale, ignoring everything and start over.

A KotOR III without any reference to what happened to Revan and The Exile or other sense of conclusion is a lazy act of cowardice by the devs IMO in the eyes the fans(not you, but i dare to suggest a majority) of the KotOR-series.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You really don't have many options.

Revan is no longer a playable character with a memory he dosnt need a player anymore.

The Exile is playable, but at that sort of level welcome to alienation of anyone new to the KOTOR series.

How I would deal with it.

Prologue.

Party Revan and the Exile taking on the Sith. They die, the end.

Cut to new character and start the game proper. Character wakes up from the "nightmare" because of course your character has to be force sensitive.

Not only will the prologue let you play both characters (albeit without actually having any conversational input) but it also lets you see some of the cool high level powers.

Everyone gets closure. It may not be the ending they wanted but tough cookies. Everyone gets a clean slate and since the identities of the Revan and the Exile are establised by the player you dont have to play 20 questions with an NPC.

Since most of those directly involved are dead you wont have to hear much about them in the course of the game. And that dosnt even need to be accurate since it's not first hand accounts but rather rumour.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

A LS Exile can wear the Nihilus mask, the moment when she becomes tainted by the Dark Side to become the new Dark Lord of the Sith. She and Revan then attack the Council,which includes a stunning CGI Revan vs. Bastila lightsaber duel where he kills her (something that will make EP III look mild in terms of heartbreaking). It would be the moment that makes the game (and flames LA's inboxes).

I'm working on a fan-fic of how I think KOTOR III should go, but I'm still at the very very beginning of that

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Revan is no longer a playable character with a memory he dosnt need a player anymore.

The Exile is playable, but at that sort of level welcome to alienation of anyone new to the KOTOR series.

Prologue.

Cut to new character and start the game proper. Character wakes up from the "nightmare" because of course your character has to be force sensitive.

Not only will the prologue let you play both characters (albeit without actually having any conversational input) but it also lets you see some of the cool high level powers.

Everyone gets closure. It may not be the ending they wanted but tough cookies. Everyone gets a clean slate and since the identities of the Revan and the Exile are establised by the player you dont have to play 20 questions with an NPC.

Since most of those directly involved are dead you wont have to hear much about them in the course of the game. And that dosnt even need to be accurate since it's not first hand accounts but rather rumour.

No, no, no......NO.

That's again lazy story-line design. Although, they shouldn't be party members, they should still play a vital role in KotOR III. Give them male/female voices (it doesn't matter in the long run if a few people think that they're not the "right" voice), so the main character can interact with them about their agendas. I wouldn't mind if one or both of them die during the course of the game, as long as it's in a blaze of glory, which they clearly deserve.

Nothing would be more irritating than reading the first sentence in the opening credits as:

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III"

"Revan and the Exile died during their campaign in the unknown regions. Now the Republic is at stake blablabla...".

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hello :D

I found more talk on Kotor III specuation. I must admit there is qutie a bit of talk about it. :D

POSTED 9TH DECEMBER

Even More KOTOR?

What happen to Kotor 3? Last time I heard it was being made for Xbox and its story was to involve finding out more about the robots that where chasing you in Kotor 2.

But Xbox 360 is out and Xbox slowly dying, I doubt that Microsoft would bring a "Killer App" to Xbox. And with Mass Effect in the work, I was wondering what the plans are for Kotor 3?

Matt T

Portsmouth, Rhode Island

The notion that there will be a third Knights of the Old Republic game seems like a foregone conclusion. However, the game itself has not been officially announced yet, so any info on said game is purely speculative at this point. Again, there's no doubt in my mind that there will be a third game. Odds are, though, that it would come sometime after Mass Effect's release, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were a 360 game.

And for the record, please don't use terms like "killer app" around me. It makes my head and face swell with rage. -- A.N.

Linkie:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/burningquestions/

Enjoy :D

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

Prologue.

No, no, no......NO.

That's again lazy story-line design. Although, they shouldn't be party members, they should still play a vital role in KotOR III. Give them male/female voices (it doesn't matter in the long run if a few people think that they're not the "right" voice), so the main character can interact with them about their agendas. I wouldn't mind if one or both of them die during the course of the game, as long as it's in a blaze of glory, which they clearly deserve.

Nothing would be more irritating than reading the first sentence in the opening credits as:

"Revan and the Exile died during their campaign in the unknown regions. Now the Republic is at stake blablabla...".

Agreed.

As somebody who likes to weave stories himself, something like what Paladin has suggested would be somehow...unforgivable. Why go through all of that, just to have both characters you played for hours and hours in the first and second games die within the first ten minutes of gameplay?

That's just ludicrous, not to mention sort of insulting to the people who came up with both characters and wrote out the scripts in the first place.

I like Mesh's idea the most though, it's got an air of KotOR about it that I really like...though a few alterations wouldn't be too bad.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Maybe.

But what if the reason for Carth or Bastila's interest in knowing the whereabouts of Revan was because of the 'lovechild' of female Revan + Carth or male Revan + Bastila. In the first case you'd find yourself on the brink of the universe in the trail of Revan and in the second you'd be in Republic space known or unknown to the Jedi order... Likewise Luke, but not that Lucky - partially thanks to the player and the developer.

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: The Prodigal Child" (Return of the spoon)

(Signatures: disabled) 

Prologue.

No, no, no......NO.

Agreed.

As somebody who likes to weave stories himself, something like what Paladin has suggested would be somehow...unforgivable. Why go through all of that, just to have both characters you played for hours and hours in the first and second games die within the first ten minutes of gameplay?

That's just ludicrous, not to mention sort of insulting to the people who came up with both characters and wrote out the scripts in the first place.

I like Mesh's idea the most though, it's got an air of KotOR about it that I really like...though a few alterations wouldn't be too bad.

How is it insulting to the people who wrote the scripts? They are the one's who gave us the ending to KoToRII. I'm not trying to bash anyone opinions here, but I don't think Revan and Exile are completely the end all and be all of the KoToR universe. ShadowPaladin's idea holds real merit, giving closure to the first games and presenting a new legend. And I honestly hope they give the new game a clean ending this time. I wasn't happy with the other two either.

Edited by Barrendall