KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

[snip spooning carrots] ...

I think before we do things like that we should determine what is canon in K2 (especially if we plan on tying K1 and K2 to K3). (Obviously I'm in favor of a LSM Revan and LSF Exile, but I'll take whatever happens).

Oscar. Mike. Golf. *Not* canon again. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

[snip spooning carrots] ...

I think before we do things like that we should determine what is canon in K2 (especially if we plan on tying K1 and K2 to K3). (Obviously I'm in favor of a LSM Revan and LSF Exile, but I'll take whatever happens).

Oscar. Mike. Golf. *Not* canon again. :p

What's up with canon? This was not used in K2, so why do people come up with the assumption that the next game must use canon? :angry: Using canon sucks. If they use canon I would be dissapointed. The writers really don't have any ingenuity if they resort to that.

I knew what he was getting at but consider the actual question he posed. Maybe if he thought it over and worded it better.

Would you rather have a well thought out plot and storyline or more accessories and game upgrades?

No. Forget the canon crap.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

i got a story line here it is:

you start out as a soldier in the sith army and move up in the ranks and your character sometimes while in the middle of an intense battle sends out surges of energy(the force)but later on the dark jedi's start noticing you and your pontential of becoming a great sith lord so they have a dark jedi put you as their apprentice and you eventually become a dark jedi.Now even later on in-game your a leader of a sith army and durimg your missions there are keys events that affect your characters thinking and perspective of life.For example maybe while on a planet the natives are very friendly to you and accept you and there you decide whether or not you destroy them or decide to destroy all records of being there so events like this affect your thinking and if you stay on DS you eventually conquer most planets and you are the lord of all sith.But if you decide LS then you see that the sith are the seed of all hatred and seeing that you where once there leader you now there strengths and weaknesses.so you come out of hiding from the sith with a army of jedi knights and masters and you have one jedi as an assasin to become dark and eliminate the sith lords once and for all.

so long story short: start out as soldier move up the ranks and eventually dark jedi. main events effect the way you think of lifeand that would determine your LS or DS points in tha char info screen. so dark side path you conquer all but then the army destroy all you have and LS path destroys the sith and during the process you learn more about the force and train others to use the force.

--------------------------------------------

so thats it at a simple stage but i've thought it up with alot more detail thats just the whole overview about it.

Uh........That's K1 in a nutshell with the exception that you get the Korriban Sith Academy to rule as a haven after you defeat the former masters....which you don't get in K1 because you are just to busy atm.

(Signatures: disabled) 

you start out as a soldier in the sith army and move up in the ranks and your character sometimes while in the middle of an intense battle sends out surges of energy(the force)but later on the dark jedi's start noticing you and your pontential of becoming a great sith lord so they have a dark jedi put you as their apprentice and you eventually become a dark jedi.Now even later on in-game your a leader of a sith army and durimg your missions there are keys events that affect your characters thinking and perspective of life.For example maybe while on a planet the natives are very friendly to you and accept you and there you decide whether or not you destroy them or decide to destroy all records of being there so events like this affect your thinking and if you stay on DS you eventually conquer most planets and you are the lord of all sith.But if you decide LS then you see that the sith are the seed of all hatred and seeing that you where once there leader you now there strengths and weaknesses.so you come out of hiding from the sith with a army of jedi knights and masters and you have one jedi as an assasin to become dark and eliminate the sith lords once and for all.

so long story short: start out as soldier move up the ranks and eventually dark jedi. main events effect the way you think of lifeand that would determine your LS or DS points in tha char info screen. so dark side path you conquer all but then the army destroy all you have and LS path destroys the sith and during the process you learn more about the force and train others to use the force.

so thats it at a simple stage but i've thought it up with alot more detail thats just the whole overview about it.

For a Kotor sequel it's missing hanging storylines which should be tied up. For instance the true sith and Revan. Nonetheless, the sith idea instead of jedi is refreshing. In the end though I would like to see a sequel and not a spin-off. :huh:

Speaking of canon... or in this case "cannon"... I want handcannons.

REALLY REALLY big handguns :huh:

Civilized Jedi do not use guns. :devil:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

For a Kotor sequel it's missing hanging storylines which should be tied up. For instance the true sith and Revan. Nonetheless, the sith idea instead of jedi is refreshing. In the end though I would like to see a sequel and not a spin-off. :devil:

I suppose they will have to tie things up with the "true" sith since it's been mentioned in Kotor 2. Would be great to see Revan again and maybe fight on their side once again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well.

I just finished up the game, for the first time ever - and right as leave expired, too. Way to time that one, Commissar.

I was considerably underwhelmed by the ending, and everything after you meet up with the remnants of the Jedi Council on Dantooine, for that matter. But I'm sure completing the game has been suggested before, so I'll skip it.

Instead, I'll reiterate my points from a different thread.

1. Stop with the "epic" characters. By that I mean, quit writing my character's backstory for me. If I want to play an average, run-of-the-mill Jedi who happened to be in the right place at the right time, let me. Don't make me some dork absolutely, positively fated to change the universe. No more, "Oh, you're secretly Darth Revan," or, "Hey, you're the jerk who blew up Malachor V, leading to your current predicament! You're as unique and special as a snowflake! A mutant one!" I'd much prefer to be Anonymous Jedi Who Survived Whatever Catastrophe And Is Struggling to Survive...Number Three. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd prefer it if I didn't feel like I was just borrowing Obsidian's character for the length of the game. I'd like to make my own.

2. Jedi. We ought not be obliged to play one. It'd run contrary to the whole spirit of the series, so if they're going to do it again, I respectfully request that we knock off the whole, "I've forgotten everything I ever knew, and am obliged to use a blaster rifle and wear heavy armor for half of the game," device. It was pretty obvious throughout KotOR II that I was going to pick up a lightsaber and a Jedi robe at some point, so until I actually did, I'm not ashamed to admit I breezed through stuff as quickly as possible, and that that's precisely what it felt like - doing the necessary chores to get to the good stuff.

You could very easily start off as a competent Jedi - just make every level count. Baldur's Gate had, what, a level cap of nine or something like that? I'm not suggesting that it be capped, but the feat/skill/power progression could be spread out a bit more to allow people to play as what I presume they really want to play: a Jedi, right from the start.

3. Difficulty. Not only did I not die once I acquired said lightstick and said bathrobe, I never even came close. I know I could've upped the difficulty. All the same, I can honestly think of only one even remotely challenging encounter - it involved three disembodied lightsabers. Up the difficulty a little bit.

4. The party. I liked the wide range of choices for party members in the game. I did not like the "romance" angle. I would suggest making it entirely optional. Likewise, I think it'd be nifty if you were limited to training one party member as a Jedi/Sith, since I seem to recall that only one apprentice is allowed. My knowledge of the Star Wars universe is rather hazy (and I wouldn't have it any other way), but it'd add a little more replayability, and it'd contribute to increasing the difficulty. I never thought about it while I was actually doing it, but training three other guys/gals as Jedi pretty much allows you to watch TV while you engage in combat, since they'll own just about anything.

Those are the main points. I really did enjoy the storyline of KotOR II, at least up until things went all screwy after Dantooine. I never played the original, though I suspect I wouldn't have enjoyed it, judging by what I know of it. As I imagine I made clear earlier, I'd be much more interested in a storyline that doesn't involve taking control of some sort of uber-savior/conqueror. I think there's plenty of fun to be had in a "smaller" scale of plot.

I think it's really just assumed by most people that any SW related game will have jedi in it, as it usually tends to be true. In fact, i can't think of any SW game that doesn't have a jedi in it (apart from X-wing games). :)

It sure would be a great and a different experience to have a SW RPG game with the PC as a non-jedi, or maybe just a Force Sensitive...

Edited by Petay

Yeah I wanna be a clone trooper!  :)

I would argue that fan favoritism is a close-run thing between Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would enjoy playing a scoundrel or soldier or something of the like who can much more successfully hang out in a moral gray area, or at the very least not be restricted by various Jedi ethics.

That said, I'd be just fine if they stuck with the current formula of a Jedi main character, as long as they got rid of the whole needing-to-relearn-how-to-be-a-Jedi bit.

Edited by Commissar