KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think those three things right there already would go a long way towards calming the complaints about combat.

1-no automatic transit back to Ebon Hawk/party only selectable when leaving Ebon Hawk

2-party members who "die" in combat are sent to the medbay aboard the Ebon Hawk and cannot be used for a specified amount of time, leaving you one party member short until you can make it back to the Ebon Hawk.

3-no auto regeneration of vitality.

Then if they (the developers) can just up the difficulty of the enemies, that'd be a huge improvement over what many people...myself included...feel is one of the glaring weaknesses of the KOTOR series.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, I have no problem with the characters being able to be healed at the Ebon Hawk (that's the "town" area, I suppose).

This allows for greater control over the granularity of difficulty during the game sections, too.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

1-no automatic transit back to Ebon Hawk/party only selectable when leaving Ebon Hawk

2-party members who "die" in combat are sent to the medbay aboard the Ebon Hawk and cannot be used for a specified amount of time, leaving you one party member short until you can make it back to the Ebon Hawk.

3-no auto regeneration of vitality.

I like that idea. Death/knockout should be more than a short nap. Someone is probably going to suggest not being able to save at any given point being necessary then, though ;)

This has probably been mentioned (no way I'm going to make it 27 pages back) but I want to see teamwork with other 2 party members in combat more critical on a higher difficulty setting. I understand some people just want to get to the story, but if you set the game on difficult, I want to have to figure out a strategy :) More enemies having immunity to different powers/feats, more having to use stun/stasis instead of AE attacks, enemies who have to be slowed and have their friendly powers removed before you have any chance of hitting them - that was in the current engine to a limited extent so I can't imagine it would be so hard to do. It just doesn't force you to use it, I wish it did.

I agree as well. When one of your NPC's is unconscious. He must be sent back to the Ebon Hawk medbay to revive.

I guess that Obsidian tried to make things a bit more difficult by putting so many solo missions in the game.

Try to count them:

Peragus: 2 (T3-M4 and Exile)

Telos: 1 (Czerka: Bounty hunter trade quest. Ithorians: B4-D4)

Nar Shaddaa: 4 (Atton: Twin Suns / Mira or Hanharr: unlock doors / Exile: Jekk Jekk Tarr / T3-M4: Warehouse)

Korriban: 1 (Secret Tomb)

Dantooine: 1 (Battle against Azkul or against Vrook, or both)

Dxun / Onderon: None (optional one's are battle circle but then there are other optionals like Handmaiden battle)

End Game:

1/2 On Telos (Battle against Atris)(Handmaiden / Exile)

2/3 on Malachor V (Remote / Mira / Exile)

Total Solo missions: 14. Quiet a lot compared to Kotor I.

Master Vandar lives!

the only problem with the party memebers going down for the count for a little while is that some of the players who don't know how to fight yet (the n00bs :) ) would end up running around alot with just a solo player. Some of us who are used to the game would be running around solo simply because of the AI program that's in place.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the only problem with the party memebers going down for the count for a little while is that some of the players who don't know how to fight yet (the n00bs :) ) would end up running around alot with just a solo player. Some of us who are used to the game would be running around solo simply because of the AI program that's in place.

I don't see that as a problem. Games are supposed to be difficult enough that a "n00b" can't just load up the game and become an expert within two seconds of playing. If a "n00b" has trouble with the system in which their party members are sent back to the Ebon Hawk if they die in combat, then the game accomplished its mandate for providing a somewhat challenging experience.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KOTOR III should be long as well, like something that takes well over 100 hours to complete

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

This has probably been mentioned (no way I'm going to make it 27 pages back) but I want to see teamwork with other 2 party members in combat more critical on a higher difficulty setting. I understand some people just want to get to the story, but if you set the game on difficult, I want to have to figure out a strategy :) More enemies having immunity to different powers/feats, more having to use stun/stasis instead of AE attacks, enemies who have to be slowed and have their friendly powers removed before you have any chance of hitting them - that was in the current engine to a limited extent so I can't imagine it would be so hard to do. It just doesn't force you to use it, I wish it did.

The problem wasn't adding the functionality, it was implementing it without the bugs.

The who combat queue was screwed (technical term), so I wonder what the effect on gameplay would have been with more difficult opponents. Maybe this is another reason why there were so solo missions ...

I like the concept of tactics, though I can't see a good way to implement tactical squad-based control through the given interface.

PS There are eleven threads prior to this one, as well as the 27 pages here. :unsure:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Suggestions may be repetive if you read page 1 part 1 to page 29 part 12

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

KOTOR III should be long as well, like something that takes well over 100 hours to complete

No.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Imagine how thin the story would be. Or how long would the game be in development.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No.

It doesn't need to be over 100 hours to be a good game. KOTOR2 was well on its way to being a masterpiece, but it was rushed and unpolished at about 30 to 35 hours. A polished, more refined version with proper development time could have easily achieved "masterpiece" status with an added 10 to 15 hours of gameplay. Anything more than that wouldn't have achieved the cinematic, Star Wars feel to the game.

And the best part would be the DEPTH of play, being able to complete tasks in parallel ways, with different starts and consequences, as well as side quests (i.e. non-crtitical, whimsical adventures in the world).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It doesn't need to be over 100 hours to be a good game.  KOTOR2 was well on its way to being a masterpiece, but it was rushed and unpolished at about 30 to 35 hours.  A polished, more refined version with proper development time could have easily achieved "masterpiece" status with an added 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.  Anything more than that wouldn't have achieved the cinematic, Star Wars feel to the game.

Bloodlines!

*cries himself to sleep*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

But why do I have a feeling we'll see the most overused SW planet (Tatooine) in KOTOR III?

100 hours would be good, especially after how short KOTOR II was. III should be well developed

DAWUSS