KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

It would be good perhaps to start on one planet - your home planet? - and stay there for the first third or so of the game, visiting a town, a city, a jungle etc. - variety, but holding back on space travel so that you'd really appreciate it when the Ebon Hawk swoops in and takes you off travelling. The question is, could they make it work? Obsidian wanted to hold back giving you a lightsaber in Kotor 2 so that you'd really appreciate it, but it ended up just being annoying for me (should have got it from Atris, maybe?).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, earning stuff normally makes people appreciate it.

Earning the lightsabre in K2 never bothered me (sinking an extra feat allotment into ordinary weapon finesse did, however, but that is another compaint). Perhaps if Peragus II wasn't so LINEAR people wouldn't complain about the beginning as much.

If you had to capture the Ebon Hawk to get off the planet, that would work (tangible, highly visible goal).

Look at System Shock 2, the voice in your head gives you the first dozen goals whilst you are still groggy! All you know is that your notepad has the details and there's a lot of sneaking around the ship to collect stuff ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I actually would like to see the beginnings of the colonization of Naboo. Maybe visit a tiny village of Deeja Peak or Theed. Coruscant is just crying to be introduced into the KOTOR trilogy, and I think we could bring Dantooine in for another go, mainly for the Force Crystal Caves and the Jedi Enclave. I'm tempted about reintroducing Nar Shaddaa, but since we have Coruscant, I dunno...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yep. I don't care what they call the blinking planet, just so long as the PC can run for ten minutes in a straight line without coming to the horizon. And have some RPG density in the world.

o:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They could make the planets as big as they are Star Wars Galaxies... Now it takes you about a few hours to run across those big boys

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I know what I want in KOTOR III

John Williams doing the music (nothing against the guy who did it last time, mind you [but no one can top Herr Maestro])

DAWUSS

Differing styles different music. They be their own maestros on their own scales. Hows' that you Berk.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Differing styles different music. They be their own maestros on their own scales. How's that you Berk.

I know what I want in KOTOR III

John Williams doing the music (nothing against the guy who did it last time, mind you [but no one can top Herr Maestro])

(My emphasis, for the short-sighted.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT