KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :o

See previous threads:

Note: As the ongoing discussion has found a new home in C&C and the transfer of Part 11 seems to have become corrupted to a certain extent, a brand new part 12 is here for constructive and respectful participation.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I suggest that we have breakable weapons and armor in K3. So every so often after sufficient battering (over extended periods of time), your uber munchin vibroblades and armor go kaput! :D

This way, replacing your equipment might actually make some of your phat loot more useful...or at least a little less pointless. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I suggest that we have breakable weapons and armor in K3. So every so often after sufficient battering (over extended periods of time), your uber munchin vibroblades and armor go kaput!  :D

This way, replacing your equipment might actually make some of your phat loot more useful...or at least a little less pointless.  ^_^

You are thinking about what happened to Anakin's lightsaber in AOTC on Geonosis?

True there are lot's of equipment which nobody uses (Lightning gloves, Exchange negotiaters, heavy armors etc.etc.etc.) , especially in Kotor II with it's Random items generator but I don't think that breaking down is such a good idea.

Master Vandar lives!

I want decapitations in K3.

Thanks 8)

Yes!

In fact there should be a whole tree of de-limbing feats:

Level 1 : Cuts off Hand - Moderate Damage, Moderate Reduction to attack & defense, Enemy forced in incur off-hand pernalties. High Diffucutly Count.

Level 2 : Cuts off Leg - Heavy Damage, Heavy Reduction to attack and defense, Enemy immoblized and rooted to the spot. Very High Difficulty Count.

Level 3: Cuts off Head - Instant Kill. Ludicrously High Difficulty Count.

:cool:

manthing2.jpg

Imagine if you get that rediculously high difficulty on

Kreia? End the battle without going through the quad aussalt part of Malachor

PS: why is this in Computer and Console? Is this an indication that Obsidian (Our lords and Masters) won't be making K3? :blink: :angry: 8)8):alien::nuke:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I want decapitations in K3.

Thanks 8)

Yes!

Level 1 : Cuts off Hand - Moderate Damage, Moderate Reduction to attack & defense, Enemy forced in incur off-hand pernalties. High Diffucutly Count.

Level 2 : Cuts off Leg - Heavy Damage, Heavy Reduction to attack and defense, Enemy immoblized and rooted to the spot. Very High Difficulty Count.

I can see it now...

PC: "But you don't have any arms left!"

Black Knight: "It's just a flesh wound - the Black Knight always wins!!"

8)

I can see it now...

PC: "But you don't have any arms left!"

Black Knight: "It's just a flesh wound - the Black Knight always wins!!"

8)

8)

No silly - if they lose both their arms then they'll have to resort to Force Powers (providing they have them and they're not dead by now). :D

Of course if can be debated which is crueler - killing them in cold blood...or lopping off both their arms and legs and leaving them sitting there. (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

I wonder what the box art will look like...

Anyway, I'd really like to see the love story become really developed (and if anyone wants to talk about how Jedi [at that time] aren't supposed to get involved in relationships, an argument could be made for the Exile since he/she got kicked out of the Jedi Order, and now doesn't have to follow the Jedi Code)

Upgrading the Ebon Hawk would be fun too (I'd like to see something like this happen at Kuat [Home of Kuat Drive Yards] where you could be able to upgrade the ship for free after doing some side-quest)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

and we can FP people to give over their swoops and speeders at the risk of DS points

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

One thing I would like to see and I wrote some of it in my storyline as well is that there should be a force power to throw objects or to collapse stonewalls. I imagine that this could be done about the same way that you can destroy mines with Destroy droid in Kotor II.

Master Vandar lives!

Level 1 : Cuts off Hand - Moderate Damage, Moderate Reduction to attack & defense, Enemy forced in incur off-hand pernalties.  High Diffucutly Count.

Level 2 : Cuts off Leg - Heavy Damage, Heavy Reduction to attack and defense, Enemy immoblized and rooted to the spot.  Very High Difficulty Count.

I wonder if that counts as non-lethal combat? I suppose it must. There should be feats and seperate moves to attempt it, with different outcomes than a normal head-on fight. As it would be typically a LS tactic to prevent loss of life, and disarm (:D) the opponent; although DS can do it too, like Dooku and Anakin. Therefore I wouldn't think there was a penalty for DS use, just an unwillingness to use a less efficient form of attack (with a lower probability to hit).

Also, if your PC gets their hand chopped off (and it must be an option if the PC can do it do an NPC), then the new cybernetic hand should add the DS-attractor-factor, just like in the films. (BTW, the artificial hand for Anakin was a lot more rudimentary than Luke's, which begs the question of whether it is even possible to provide combat-level cybernetic prosthetics for characters in the KotOR universe, so perhaps they just end up like Kreia: 'armless ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the limb-removing thing should be kept to a minimum. I think overdoing it would slightly ruin the gameplay a little bit

DAWUSS

I suggest that we have breakable weapons and armor in K3. So every so often after sufficient battering (over extended periods of time), your uber munchin vibroblades and armor go kaput!  :D

This way, replacing your equipment might actually make some of your phat loot more useful...or at least a little less pointless.  ^_^

... And the repair skill is used for more than breaking down useless random loot ...

Yes, that would help to create room for one of the classes to grow into; certainly the Scout already focused on Skill points, so characters would be useful for upgrading, modifying and repairing everything from weapons and armour to the ship and swoops.

A bit like Bao-Dur, but more fleshed out.

Not sure if a lightsabre would need quite so much maintenance (that might be one of the advantages over traditional, non-plasma swords >_<); any sword / knife fighter in history would spend a great deal of non-combat time preparing and sharpening their edges.

I wouldn't want it to take over the game, though.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wonder if that counts as non-lethal combat? I suppose it must. There should be feats and seperate moves to attempt it, with different outcomes than a normal head-on fight. As it would be typically a LS tactic to prevent loss of life, and disarm (:D) the opponent; although DS can do it too, like Dooku and Anakin. Therefore I wouldn't think there was a penalty for DS use, just an unwillingness to use a less efficient form of attack (with a lower probability to hit.

Actually, I'd tend to think of something like that as being closer to DS than LS. Maiming your opponent is a pretty harsh thing to do, so it would fit better with DS, especially since it would be more difificult to do than and standard attack, and so it would be something that you would actively attempt to accomplish. Don't think we need new feats for it, though - just let the Critical Strike progressions make it possible. That might even get me to choose it over Flurry for once... I don't think jedi should get DS points for using it per se, though.

Also, if your PC gets their hand chopped off (and it must be an option if the PC can do it do an NPC), then the new cybernetic hand should add the DS-attractor-factor, just like in the films. (BTW, the artificial hand for Anakin was a lot more rudimentary than Luke's, which begs the question of whether it is even possible to provide combat-level cybernetic prosthetics for characters in the KotOR universe, so perhaps they just end up like Kreia: 'armless ...)

There is already precedent for having cybernetic prosthetics in the KotOR age. Ulic Qel-Droma's brother, Cay, had his arm cut off during the Beast Wars on Onderon (Tales of the Jedi #2) and had it replaced with a prosthetic. Wasn't like Luke's, however, but was more like a robotic arm, suggesting that the technology was indeed more primitive. Actually his "prosthtic" arm is from an old XT-6 droid, which he salvaged. He then has that one cut off too and must replace it with yet another droid arm... >_<"

Also, the "Kreia factor" should be in play: if your PC gets their hand chopped off, that's it! No more hand. This would be enhanced by having left- and right-handedness of PCs, too. Which would add some depth to combat: a southpaw faces up differently, exposes different weaknesses and has other strengths.

That part would be cool, except for if there was a chance you lose *both* hands. Then how would your character carry on?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually, I'd tend to think of something like that as being closer to DS than LS. Maiming your opponent is a pretty harsh thing to do, so it would fit better with DS, especially since it would be more difificult to do than and standard attack, and so it would be something that you would actively attempt to accomplish. Don't think we need new feats for it, though - just let the Critical Strike progressions make it possible. That might even get me to choose it over Flurry for once... I don't think jedi should get DS points for using it per se, though.

There is already precedent for having cybernetic prosthetics in the KotOR age. Ulic Qel-Droma's brother, Cay, had his arm cut off during the Beast Wars on Onderon (Tales of the Jedi #2) and had it replaced with a prosthetic. Wasn't like Luke's, however, but was more like a robotic arm, suggesting that the technology was indeed more primitive. Actually his "prosthtic" arm is from an old XT-6 droid, which he salvaged. He then has that one cut off too and must replace it with yet another droid arm...  >_<"

Mr Qel-Droma sounds like the clumsy type. :D I would not be averse to a droid-type cybernetic prosthetic: it could have advantages (strength, agility, standard weapon damage resistance, etc perhaps?) and disadvantages (always wanting to do dark things ... being affected, if not specifically targeted with any Destroy Droid type of attack, in freindly fire; what I would expect is a penalty to hit, not actual damage ...)

If it were just a normal feat, then I would still like it to be a lot less common than a critical strike (with all the added bonuses to increase the critical strike range, it would just end up being another

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That part would be cool, except for if there was a chance you lose *both* hands.  Then how would your character carry on?

Unless you are Dooku (:D) I would think it would be very rare to lose both hands.

After all, if the probabilty is, say, 1% that a given combatant will lose a hand, then the probability of losing both would be 1% of 1%, which is a probabilty of 0.0001, or one in ten thousand.

If this still concerns you, it would also be feasible that any character that loses a hand is more aware of the dangers (maybe also with a penalty to their overall defence score, to compensate for their favouring of one hand), and thereafter loses (at most) a finger at a time, say, after the first hand, making it nearly impossible to lose two hands, being 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% 1% of 1% = 0.00000000001 = 1 chance in a trillion (10

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If the PC loses a limb, I want it to be because of a choice you made, so those players who don't want their PC losing a limb won't have to.

I do think the chances for it should be very low, somewhere under 1%, but I don't want to make it too torterous by losing fingers on the other hand...

DAWUSS