KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

About dismemberment: I don't mind it being added *IF* it doesn't come at the expense of a much more important feature.

Don't forget that if we make too many obscure suggestions, if the devs actually implemented some of them they might do so at the expense of something more important than a graphical feature, such as storyline or NPC interaction or enemy AI improvements.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder if a lightsaber could deflect a deathstar beam...

Is there any rule saying a mirror can't refract a laser based on it's intensity?

If the heat of the beam is sufficient to change the molecular structure of the mirror (i.e. melt or immote it), then yes.

Remember the Space Shuttle Columbia? That had a heat shield and it still burnt up. Think of a mirror being tossed into the sun; how long would you feel cool behind it?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Naw, the Jedi would have run away before the Death Star got there.

"Shall be save the planet full of innocent people?"

"No, we must not act until we know the full impact of those actions ... and discretion is the better part of valour!"

Which is why the Jedi are weak and the Darkside rules.

Amen

Naw, the Jedi would have run away before the Death Star got there.

"Shall be save the planet full of innocent people?"

"No, we must not act until we know the full impact of those actions ... and discretion is the better part of valour!"

Which is why the Jedi are weak and the Darkside rules.

Then how come the Darkside always loses Gabbs? :blink::lol:

Go watch episode 3 n00b!

They win!

and don't say temporary.

Palpatine rules for 20 years.

The Galaxy was in darkness for 20 YEARS! Tha'ts more than the "holier than tho sith lord revan's" 5 years.

20 years is good enough kicks and palps was old heh, it was time for change by the time he was killed...by a 3 second-former sith lord/chosen one...no doubt....lol

Who's more noob the noob or the noob that follows him? :p :p , and so much for his so-called "Eternal Empire", and all that patience the Sith had had for the last melinnia for only 20-years of rule?!If ask me they are losers that take the quick and easy way because they're too weak for the long road to power.

A suggestion?

To Obsidian.

Stop making SW games,there are better settings and you don't have to deal with LA.

Wow. What an original post. Never seen anyone make that comment on here before. :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's a KOTOR3 suggestion thread, not a "what should Obsidian do" thread.

Hence why I pointed out your comment really had no real reason to be in this thread other than because you were attempting to be "witty" and that your comment was dime a dozen by others trying to be "witty" before you.

Well, in an attempt to return back on topic, I'll post some more thoughts on KOTOR III (some which have come from other threads, but go figure :o )

I think the Exile will eventually travel to the Unknown Regions, out to find Revan (whether or not she'll be alone or with a small group is unclear at this moment, but I think she will be alone). She will come face to face with Revan for the first time since the destruction of Malachor V. They have some climactic battle (as mentioned before, Duel of the Fates should be the music here), and during the fight, the Exile realizes she cannot defeat Revan, who has become part of the True Sith.

Now, at this point, I'm not 100% sure anymore if the Exile should refuse the Dark Side, or succumb to it donning the mask of Darth Nihilus...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I know my opinions are things people have probably said before but, being almost brand new to the whole gaming thing I would just like to put in my two cents. ^.^ I honestly don't play many games, KotOR was my first, and KotOR II my second, but I've been doing rp online, D&D and live action for years so that's more my area of interest. In some eyes that may discredit my opinion but I think it's just as important to have the pov from both avid gamers and newbies alike. ^.^;

The first game was a WONDERFUL rp experience, and the second was much better graphics wise. I was sad that the second's rp was nowhere near as entertaining however, concidering this is an rpg. I think if Bioware and Obsidian were to work together they may very well come up with one of the best games ever made.

Personally, I'd really prefer to play Revan again. The setup of the first game allowed the player to become much more attatched to thier pc and I want to play the resolution of her story myself. Also to play with some of the characters from both of the previous games would be good (like Carth, Bastila, Mandalore, HK, etc.) I know some people think Revan (or the Exile) would be too powerful but if you're fighting the True Sith in the unknown regions you wouldn't be. And I would be very dissappointed if they didn't bring her story to a good close/resolution.

There's a petition for this if you agree, any and all are welcome to sign. (It's not my petition however, I don't presume to take any credit for it.)

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?012387

/mytwocents

Even if we do play as Revan again, the Exile still has a few loose ends that need to be taken care of

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I don't mind Revan or the Exile appearing at some point, or atleast being mentioned. I just don't want to play them.

Actually scratch that, it's KOTOR so who am I kidding? I'll blindly play it regardless of what they do. But I'd *prefer* not to play as either Exile or Revan.

Losing arms and legs does not sound pleasent to me at all. Wouldn't that make you unable to use your own arms and hands in a game that's all about continuity. I can't imagine a KOTOR supporting something as rediculous looking as someone fighting with only one leg left... although I have seen protocal droids fight hand to hand...

Actually scratch that, it's KOTOR so who am I kidding?  I'll blindly play it regardless of what they do.  ...

:huh:

Who you rolling your eyes at, old man. You'll be the guy ahead of me in line (while I'm chatting up your 18 year old daughter, of course). :)

Who you rolling your eyes at, old man.  You'll be the guy ahead of me in line (while I'm chatting up your 18 year old daughter, of course).  :huh:

With age comes wisdom, youngling. I do not stand in line for computer games. (And you'll have to do better than that to get a date with her. :))

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

* Force-draw animations

* customizable hilts

* hooded robes

* "killing blows" and/or dismemberment animations

From a business perspective, the above items would add alot of "grab value" to the game. With regard specifically to the last item: I would say "yes" but it should be done sparingly (i.e. it only happens on a crit and then only 10% of the time).

I was thinking that you would start out as a Sith in training and you get to either go along with it or go to the light side. I think this was mentioned a number of time before.

Korriban is a MUST. Remember what Kreia said about Korriban?

"It (Korriban) shall always be a source of evil spawning threats throughout the millenia."

"It, like Malachor, brushes the edges of the empire that waits in the dark."

"And he/she (Revan) came here because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire where the True Sith wait for us in the dark."

"And like Malachor, the Sith have forgotten it...for a time. They will remember. Revan knew this."

OMG, I haven't been here for months. I've tried to speed-read through this mammoth topic as best I can, but forgive me if whatever I write below has already been discussed.

Regarding features vs. storyline, it's a balance that only the developers can decide as they know the capabilities and limitations of resources, time, business and politics. Having said that, I think the most likely product we'll be getting in the end would have a pretty revamped engine and UI. The original engine is seriously beyond its age and will simply not compete. Next-gen consoles and PC are simply going to be able handle a lot more. I'm writing a list of improvements to the existing game that I think are plausible to do, these are small subtle changes that I think would improve the quality as a whole.

- Some of the interface elements could be improved. ie: when equipping and upgrading items, the camera zooms in on the item to show detailing and animations... a pretty crude example of this is in, say, the Create-A-Player section in EA's NBA Live. Lightsaber and weaponry building would be visually satifying, at the very least. It's slick, but not a very hard thing to implement.

- Jedi robes should be broken down into two separate items: inner uniform and outer robes. The inner uniform has its own stats that's pretty much the same as past KOTOR robes. The outer robes have slight defense/resistance/special skills bonuses, but with some dex limits and/or attack rating penalties. Players are able to take off a robe via a "take off robe" action command under that dialogue/interaction button in-play, so that your character resembles Qui-Gon and Obi-Own taking off their robes when they confronted Maul. During a fight, they cannot discard their robes via menu, just like you can't change armor during fight. They also can't re-equip their robes. If you want your character to become offensive-oriented during a fight, you will have to waste a turn by using the "take off robe" action. This encourages a physical-based character to dress more mobile and althetic, while a force-based character obviously dresses mysteriously.

- There's also a "put hood on/ take hood off" action if you are wearing an outer robe. Depending on the type of robes, putting the hood on slightly increases certain skills such as stealth and better fortitude saves (good for consulars), but decreases awareness and critical strikes. Taking it off will have no penalties, but no bonueses either. Hiding your face and identity should also affect the outcome of a sidequest or two.

- Armor needs to be encouraged to use, and only at a sensible cost. K1 and K2, the only purpurse armor had was cash. So much time has been put into those designs were wasted. Have less restrictions of powers and dex penalities.

- Light Side/Dark Side alignment should affect effectiveness of offensive force powers. ie: light side users get a DC roll bonus when using lightside powers, and DC roll penalties for using darkside powers.

Hey what about the charaters for KOTOR III . What do you guys think about having like a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord traveling with you depending on choices. I know this wouldn't happen but a ewok would be cool. Or maybe you could travel to Endor. They should have a wookie again. Carth should atleast be in the story. Sullustian,and one of those Pig looking things . One of those Greedo things. Oh and one of those people with the head tails.

:p

Just had a crazy idea...

What if in K3, you play the force-sensitive son or daughter of Saul Karath?

You're hated by everybody - Carth will certainly be skeptical - because of what your father did and must fight the resentment over the sins of the father as you train as a jedi, which means you're never quite certain whether you're held back because the anger inside over being condemned for your father's sins is what holds you back or whether its the teachers and everyone else who just don't like you.

And then you must decide the fate of the galaxy - will you save the Republic in spite of its scorn for you or will you embrace the Sith ways and take revenge on the Republic for how it has treated you?

Hmm...

I think it's safe to say that T3 and HK will be in your party. I think it's pretty clear the KOTOR series wants to mimic the movies in having the two droids as the one constant throughout.