KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Maybe it's just my own wishful thinking for a Star Wars RPG that doesn't have Jedi/Sith as the focal point.

I'm itching to play as a non-Jedi and face against non-Jedi enemies.

Well, the way LA has created the universe, you'd be toast against a Jedi opponent ...

That's why I said non-Jedi enemies....

A lot of the EU novels deal with antagonists that aren't Force sensitives. Why can't a SW RPG be based upon that kind of idea?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe it's just my own wishful thinking for a Star Wars RPG that doesn't have Jedi/Sith as the focal point.

I'm itching to play as a non-Jedi and face against non-Jedi enemies.

Well, the way LA has created the universe, you'd be toast against a Jedi opponent ...

That's why I said non-Jedi enemies....

A lot of the EU novels deal with antagonists that aren't Force sensitives. Why can't a SW RPG be based upon that kind of idea?

I guess because using the Force is more fun, and everyone wants to be a Jedi...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

No, you won't. There are ways to take out a force using opponent in Star Wars. You just need to be smarter and trickier than normal. After all, a lightsaber wielding Jedi/Sith can deflect blaster bolts but he or she cannot deflect a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun pointed at them at point blank range. Took out several Jedi in a Star Wars PnP game that way. Slug throwers and pellets just don't reflect from a lightsaber.

Also there are mines and explosives. Oh yes a Jedi could jump out of the way of the blast. Oh yes, that is all well and good but he would have a hard time jumping out of the way when you explode the building he is in and he is on the 10th floor.

There are many many ways to take out Jedi and Sith force users.

When facing a Jedi, just make sure you know the Evil Overlord's Handbook by heart.

No, you won't.  There are ways to take out a force using opponent in Star Wars.  You just need to be smarter and trickier than normal.  After all, a lightsaber wielding Jedi/Sith can deflect blaster bolts but he or she cannot deflect a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun pointed at them at point blank range.  Took out several Jedi in a Star Wars PnP game that way.  Slug throwers and pellets just don't reflect from a lightsaber.

Also there are mines and explosives.  Oh yes a Jedi could jump out of the way of the blast.  Oh yes, that is all well and good but he would have a hard time jumping out of the way when you explode the building he is in and he is on the 10th floor.

Also, one need look no further than the movies themselves:

Attack of the Clones :

• Obi-Wan - a Jedi Master - struggled to overcome Jango Fett on Camino...'cause Jet-Packs pwn all!
  • Some punk Jedi who jumped Dooku's platfom in the Geonosis arena got OWNED by Jango's point-blank rapid shots!
  • Anakin and Obi never even sensed the poison dart inches away from them on Coruscant! And you just can't argue with the power of poison darts!

Bounty Hunters are teh R0x0rz!

manthing2.jpg

No, you won't.  There are ways to take out a force using opponent in Star Wars.  You just need to be smarter and trickier than normal.  After all, a lightsaber wielding Jedi/Sith can deflect blaster bolts but he or she cannot deflect a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun pointed at them at point blank range.  Took out several Jedi in a Star Wars PnP game that way.  Slug throwers and pellets just don't reflect from a lightsaber.

Also there are mines and explosives.  Oh yes a Jedi could jump out of the way of the blast.  Oh yes, that is all well and good but he would have a hard time jumping out of the way when you explode the building he is in and he is on the 10th floor.

When facing a Jedi, just make sure you know the Evil Overlord's Handbook by heart.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of my booby-trap that I set for Nihilus when Visas and the Exile were incapacitated and Mandalore was a ranged character. The moron headed right for my mine line and blew himself up

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Why wouldn't a lightsabre deflect the fragment hail of a twelve gauge? (Granted point-blank range means the lightsabre isn't in play.) Plasma should boil lead, shouldn't it? (Iron requires 4000

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This thread proves it can be done!

Down with the Jedi!

Who's with me?

Hear, hear!

Now all we need to do is convince the brass at Lucasarts to okay the idea, and Feargus and co. to start developing.

Heck, this idea is just about as far into development as KOTOR3. :blink:"

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also, one need look no further than the movies themselves:

Attack of the Clones :

• Obi-Wan - a Jedi Master - struggled to overcome Jango Fett on Camino...'cause  Jet-Packs pwn all!

• Some punk Jedi who jumped Dooku's platfom in the Geonosis arena got OWNED by Jango's point-blank rapid shots!

• Anakin and Obi never even sensed the poison dart inches away from them on Coruscant!  And you just can't argue with the power of poison darts!

Bounty Hunters are teh R0x0rs!

Yeah, there were a couple of retarded Jedi in AotC who got nailed in the arena. (There's no way for Force Sensitivty to compensate for imbecility.)

Still, all things said and done, I'd rather be a Jedi than a Jango. (Even if you do die, you get to be a blue glowie!)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

See, we could have a fun game of Hanharr chasing Jedi Sentinel Mira

DAWUSS

Except one or both of them are dead.

Now all we need to do is convince the brass at Lucasarts to okay the idea, and Feargus and co. to start developing.

Heck, this idea is just about as far into development as KOTOR3.  :blink:"

You're forgetting about the plot twist. About half-way through the game, the PC bumps their head, and starts to remember visions in their dreams ... (stop me if you've heard this one) ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't see why they can't make two RPGs. One to finish off the KOTOR series, one using my idea and mine alone (before meta tries to steal my idea AGAIN).

A shotgun pellet spray is a wide base cone effect and not a narrow path.  A lightsaber would only get a small portion of it.  Also slug throwers of that time and age where blasters are common would be shooting metal with very strong momentum.  Even if the Iron is melted away by the lightsaber the impact itself would either force the lightsaber out of the Jedi's hand or knock the blade into him.

WHo says he would be stuck?  You simply set the Jedi up that would require him to visit an apartment building and blow up the building.  Sure you would take out a dozen or so innocents but its just colateral damage.

If it's possible for a Jedi to deflect a beam of laser light from a blaster (:blink:), then it shouldn't be too difficult to time the sweep of a lightsabre to vaporise the shrapnel cloud of a shotgun. I guess.

Can't the Jedi use some sort of Force Wall to protect themselves from forces such as blasts, falling and crushing damage? The easiest way to get a Jedi is meta-combat: drug them and/or poison them ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't see why they can't make two RPGs.  One to finish off the KOTOR series, one using my idea and mine alone (before meta tries to steal my idea AGAIN).

Just because you were the last to mention it doesn't mean you were the first. :-

I wouldn't mind that scenario because it would rejuvenate the character and combat models. Also, I'd like to set Ramboesque traps that cut Jedi into little bits. (Why don't mines blow off the legs of people? There should be a lot legless ex-combatants around, just look at the results of extensive minefields in the Developing World ... :blink:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just because you were the last to mention it doesn't mean you were the first. :blink:

See! Thief! :darque: :ph34r:

you'll be claiming building-scale demonlition traps and Rambowsque traps were your ideas, next.

It's okay, let it go! There is no shame in having the same good idea as me. (No-one who can develop the next game is ever going to see these scribbles, anyway. :D)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually a blaster is a super heated particles contained coalesced in an energized bolt. A laser is a light wave amplified to emit heat, but I digress.

As for the force push and force wall, if the Jedi had the skill to do so yes he could but think on this. There are many types of ammunition available in a high tech society of the Star Wars universe: Full Metaljacket, Armor Piercing, Incederiary, Armor Piercing Incederiary, Explosive Tip, Glazer, Electro-thermic rounds, Hollowpoint, and so forth and so on.

You have a Jedi with his Lightsaber and a man with a H&K G11 with 4.7mm explosive tipped caseless ammunition. The Jedi sees the man with the very nice slug thrower and goes into battle stance to deflect the bullets. The man goes full auto, expending 50 rounds in one minute. The as the Jedi deflects each bullet explodes against his lightsaber and those bullets that miss him and hit the ground next to him is lighted up by fire and and blown pieces of earth.

One dead Jedi.

Just do a Jedi jump (like Obi-Wan) and Go-go-gadget-legs outa there before the bullets come your way!

If the blaster is accelerating coalesced super-heated particles in energy form, what velocity (in a vacuum and standard galactic atmosphere:blink:) does the particulate (?) / wave matter / energy stuff speed at? Surely it must be light speedish?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT