KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Am I the only one here actually interested in actually knowing what happened in KOTOR:2?

I really want to know how this wound created Nihilus, and what seperated Nihilus and the Exile. Both were impacted by the same deaths at Malachor. How did Kreia think she could destroy the Force via the Exile?

I don't mind philosophical debates on the Force.

Am I the only one here actually interested in actually knowing what happened in KOTOR:2?

I really want to know how this wound created Nihilus, and what seperated Nihilus and the Exile.  Both were impacted by the same deaths at Malachor.  How did Kreia think she could destroy the Force via the Exile?

I don't mind philosophical debates on the Force.

I thought it was clearly a case of pragmatism over art; there were several mandatory plot devices that were needed to be inserted in critical points on the plot, and they werre inserted with as much explanation as the creatives could be bothered to dream up, so that no prior art was invalidated (e.g. Revan) and there was enough ambiguity to allow for any future art.

:lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Of course you do realise that Kreia was the One True Prophet, and that the Truth shall prevail; the Anti-Force Force, the Force of Anti-Force-Sensitives, shall rise up and smite the Force, restoring free will to the universe, and fulfilling the Force's own self-destructive destiny ..!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Star Wars universe does tend to have the force and the LS/DS struggle at its heart in most plots, but it doesn't need to.

All good plots needs villains, and we have plenty of non-force-sensitives to choose from, such as:

The Hutts

The Exchange/GOTO - or Black Sun

Czerka

Genoharadan

Empire or Remnant (movies era)

For example, Czerka and the Exchange are still active in KotOR, but we hear nothing about them later on. So a game where they are major bad guys could be made, in which the player eventually brings either or both organizations down.

About the non-jedi talk.... Sounds ok but it shouldn't be the next KOTOR game if there is no force-sensitive. Would need to be under a new title all together but it would be a fun idea. But I don't think we should be able to train all are party member to Jedi or Sith like in KOTOR II. Have a balance of both like in the first game is better. In the books and movies it seems that Jedi don't go on missions in a team of all Jedi but one or two only and the rest are solders. So I think no more then three (including main character) should be force-sensitive and the rest not in the new party for KOTOR III.

The villains (Hutts, Exchange, Czerka) should play a roll in the next KOTOR but not the end. Sith vs Jedi battle to the end is the key to end this trilogy right. :ermm:

No, you're not.

But at the same time I'd still like to see a SW RPG where you can play as a non-Force sensitive. But I agree it shouldn't be K3 (or the KOTOR series at all for that matter), and it would be nice if K3 was wrapped up first.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

About the non-jedi talk....  Sounds ok but it shouldn't be the next KOTOR game if there is no force-sensitive.  Would need to be under a new title all together but it would be a fun idea. But I don't think we should be able to train all are party member to Jedi or Sith like in KOTOR II.  Have a balance of both like in the first game is better.  In the books and movies it seems that Jedi don't go on missions in a team of all Jedi but one or two only and the rest are solders.  So I think no more then three (including main character) should be force-sensitive and the rest not in the new party for KOTOR III. 

You're preaching to the choir, since I think most, if not all, have said that this should not be a KotOR title. After all, no jedi in a game called "Knights of the Old Republic" would be rather odd... :huh:" :D

As for companions/NPCs in K3, I actually support the idea of fewer group members or recurring NPCs. For example, you could meet, say, Zaalbar on one planet and have him join you there, but not travel with you - if you leave the planet, then he stays until you come back. And his presence in the party would be quest-based - when you begin the relevant quest he joins, and when you finish it he leaves. Never saw the need for all those characters in the games. I never used them all in K1, and yet they had more in K2. Yes, many of them were interesting, but who really used T3 in K1 or GOTO in K2 ??? I know I didn't...

The villains (Hutts, Exchange, Czerka) should play a roll in the next KOTOR but not the end.  Sith vs Jedi battle to the end is the key to end this trilogy right.  :huh:

Obviously the main villains of K3 must be the true Sith...

As for companions/NPCs in K3, I actually support the idea of fewer group members or recurring NPCs. For example, you could meet, say, Zaalbar on one planet and have him join you there, but not travel with you - if you leave the planet, then he stays until you come back. And his presence in the party would be quest-based - when you begin the relevant quest he joins, and when you finish it he leaves. Never saw the need for all those characters in the games. I never used them all in K1, and yet they had more in K2. Yes, many of them were interesting, but who really used T3 in K1 or GOTO in K2 ??? I know I didn't...

Actually, thinking about that it would be neat to have a "core" group of party members (maybe 3 or 4, plus the 2 droids) and then the remainder that fills out your party are planet-specific characters that join you while you're on that planet.

For instance, a wookiee would join you if you had some kind of conflict to resolve on Kashyyyk. Or a Twi'lek would join you if one planet involved maybe some kind of slave ring that you had to destroy. But then as soon as you left the planet or the conflict was resolved, they said their goodbyes in a cutscene or dialogue.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

About the non-jedi talk....  Sounds ok but it shouldn't be the next KOTOR game if there is no force-sensitive.  Would need to be under a new title all together but it would be a fun idea. ...

Perhaps you are unaware that there are pages written before this one?

Those little number above the top post, on the left, represent different pages. The little Less-Than sign means "read one page back", and the double angled left bracket means "go to the first page". Similarly for the Greater-Than and Right double angled bracket, reading forwards. :huh:

[random semi off topic musings]I wonder if speculation on a non-KOTOR but still SW RPG can be put in this thread?  :ermm:

Ever since that discussion of a possible non-Jedi centralized game, I've been more intrigued by that than KOTOR3.

[/random semi off topic musings]

I remember making a thread about this. Good subject. Make a new one?

I bet they'd just close it and link to this one.  That's what seems to be happening to any SW-type RPG discussion, regardless of whether it mentions K3 directly or not.

Oh well; no harm done if we just speculate here then?

What could be the games, shall we say, focus, then? The character(/s) should have some kind of agenda. In crpgs it's usually an universal threat of some kind. In SW however this is mostly characterized by Sith, leading us back to jedis. Any ideas how to overcome this?

:huh:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Always precise. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Obviously the main villains of K3 must be the true Sith...

You keep saying that, but theres still hope. as long as Obsidian doesn't make the game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

[quote=Jediphile,Aug 11 2005, 12:41 PM]

As for companions/NPCs in K3, I actually support the idea of fewer group members or recurring NPCs. For example, you could meet, say, Zaalbar on one planet and have him join you there, but not travel with you - if you leave the planet, then he stays until you come back.

What a GREAT IDEA!!!!! (w00t) I've not see that on this form yet. That would open up a wide rang of new characters and down size the ones that we never have with in are party (GOTO). :D

Also you know I liked in K1 when you are walking along and the other two members in your party start a conversation (Mission was the best at it). I would like them (who ever that may be) to bring something like that back to K3.

i came to think about an idea of a game feature in a possible kotor3 when i played kotor2 "backwards". the incidents and situations on the planets, should be aligned with time. so depending on when you arrive at a planet, you'd be able to help/interact in slightly different ways.

i think it's a great idea. :p

another comment:

i'm tired of people hacking on obsidian for their mistakes caused by a limited time frame. you should blame lucasarts. or supporting team-gizka for their work. or mailing both obsidian and lucasarts for releasing the final patch. :)

EDIT: read this: http://gamedeveloper.texterity.com/gamedeveloper/sample/

As for companions/NPCs in K3, I actually support the idea of fewer group members or recurring NPCs. For example, you could meet, say, Zaalbar on one planet and have him join you there, but not travel with you - if you leave the planet, then he stays until you come back.

What a GREAT IDEA!!!!! (w00t) I've not see that on this form yet. That would open up a wide rang of new characters and down size the ones that we never have with in are party (GOTO). :D

I'd be OK for this with one or two characters, or at least to have the choice whether to leave other NPCs on planet or not. However, I'd also want to have a core party that travelled with me wherever I went, as this would allow for deeper backstories and relationships that developed over time, and add to the epic feel of the game, something the Kotors do well.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What a GREAT IDEA!!!!!  I've not see that on this form yet. That would open up a wide rang of new characters and down size the ones that we never have with in are party (GOTO). 

Also you know I liked in K1 when you are walking along and the other two members in your party start a conversation (Mission was the best at it). I would like them (who ever that may be) to bring something like that back to K3.

Quoted for readability.

Dark Blue with black background = bad idea.

I'd be OK for this with one or two characters, or at least to have the choice whether to leave other NPCs on planet or not.  However, I'd also want to have a core party that travelled with me wherever I went, as this would allow for deeper backstories and relationships that developed over time, and add to the epic feel of the game, something the Kotors do well.

Yes, agreed. I was thinking of it when I wrote my own story plot. Basically you would still have a core group of say four or five companions, but at every new planet you travel to, you meet one or two characters who will also join because you share interests on the planet, but only there, and who leave the group when you leave the planet.

For example, I had the idea of letting the party run into Mission and Zaalbar (assuming Revan is LS) on Myrkr, where Czerka has a secret base with lots of wookiee slaves. But some wookiees have rebelled and fled to the forests, and now you must choose to help either Mission and Zaalbar (LS) or else side with Czerka (DS). If you do the former, Mission and Zaalbar join the group, but if you leave the planet or finish the quest, they both leave the group again, because their quest to free the wookiees on Myrkr still remains. Had a similar idea for Jolee (again, assuming Revan is LS) on Sleheyron...

Should KOTOR III have some sort of bright love story in the beginning or should it immediately head into the darkness of the Unknown Regions, Revan, and the True Sith?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i think that the kotor 3 game should start in the core worlds then to the outer rim and finally to the unknow regions ( see page 2 of this topic for more details )

i also think that the game should inorporate a sort of 'chosen one prophecy' to add some mystery in the next game, but no more love stories or undercover sithlords this has been done before which made both games unique, so i think that the next game should have something new instead like the before mentioned prophecie concept. :D